Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camelback in the park?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Camelback in the park?

    I have a camelback backpack that I use for hiking. Last time I went to an amusement park I took it with me and just drank lots of water from there all day. However, it was a pain in the butt because they wouldn't allow me to take it on any of the roller coasters, so I threw it on top of a few lockers only to come back to it a bit later. I had nothing of any value in there only water and some socks.

    Has anyone else ever seen anyone using a camelback in the park?
    Now will it be a big pain for me to walk around with it all day? I can carry it easily, but will they make me take it off on rides such as California Screamin', the matterhorn, space mountain, splash mountain, big thunder mountain, tower of terror, soarin' over california, indiana jones. (and any of the other more big thrill rides)?
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

    If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

  • #2
    Re: Camelback in the park?

    go for it!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Camelback in the park?

      well the way you are planning your "race" thru DLR you better use the Camelback you don't have any time to stop and use a drinking fountain)
      sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Camelback in the park?

        Seen people using it and used one myself... no issues when I used one.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

        sigpic

        "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Camelback in the park?

          I've seen many people at Disney with them, so I think your not going to have that restriction. It's the size of a backpack and I assume it has a bite valve on it (afterall, it is camelbak right?) so you don't have to worry about losing water on coasters. My opinion... go for it!
          DisneyTwins
          Since May 2003

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Camelback in the park?

            it is a bitevalve. It is a little bit bigger than a "small camelback". LIke it looks like a small bookbag basically that happens also to be a camelback.
            It has pockets where I'm planning on putting maybe a dry pair of socks and maybe a couple packs of fruit snacks or something in there.

            That said, it ways next to nothing and is fairly small, but maybe they will not allow me to wear it on the coasters such as space or screamin.. I don't know but I don't want to get to the front of the line and them say.. no you can't wear that on the ride because I also heard they won't allow you to sit your backpack off to the side while you ride the ride and then pick it up.
            Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

            If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Camelback in the park?

              I wore one during the gumball rally. I would suggest taking it off and putting it at your feet while on the ride. I wear a backpack everytime I go to the park and that is my strategy.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Camelback in the park?

                Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
                I have a camelback backpack that I use for hiking. Last time I went to an amusement park I took it with me and just drank lots of water from there all day. However, it was a pain in the butt because they wouldn't allow me to take it on any of the roller coasters, so I threw it on top of a few lockers only to come back to it a bit later. I had nothing of any value in there only water and some socks.

                Has anyone else ever seen anyone using a camelback in the park?
                Now will it be a big pain for me to walk around with it all day? I can carry it easily, but will they make me take it off on rides such as California Screamin', the matterhorn, space mountain, splash mountain, big thunder mountain, tower of terror, soarin' over california, indiana jones. (and any of the other more big thrill rides)?
                You shouldn't have any issues carrying it around/taking it on rides. On most of the rides you can either set it by your feet, in the provided mesh bags, or next to you on the seat. However, I'm not sure about Screamin'.
                "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Camelback in the park?

                  Originally posted by jmw76 View Post
                  I wore one during the gumball rally. I would suggest taking it off and putting it at your feet while on the ride. I wear a backpack everytime I go to the park and that is my strategy.
                  On space or the matterhorn, no one ever says to you.. you can't have that backpack on this ride?

                  Anyone else know what they let you do with a backpack on screamin'?
                  Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

                  If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Camelback in the park?

                    Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
                    On space or the matterhorn, no one ever says to you.. you can't have that backpack on this ride?

                    Anyone else know what they let you do with a backpack on screamin'?
                    1. Never

                    2. You can bring the backpack with you on California Screamin'. Just put it on the ground (if it doesn't fit in the pouch), secure it with your legs and you'll be fine.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Camelback in the park?

                      well thats just dandy I'm super excited now hehe. I can carry with me my sun tan lotion, my socks, and a full tank of water, and maybe some fruit snacks!
                      Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

                      If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Camelback in the park?

                        Sure. It seems like a good idea to bring one.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Camelback in the park?

                          In this age of sandals, you probably don't have to worry about stolen socks...

                          The last few years I've used a backpack. I have no problems at all. I don't ride Screamin', but I take on every attraction. I simply put it on the floor and make sure my leg is through one of the straps and I don't have to worry about losing it. It will fit under seat if you ride Soarin' or Star Tours. You can wear it on your front side instead of your back for Splash and Grizzly. If you like Maliboomer, you do have to take it off, but there are storage bins at the bottom and no once has access to it while you ride.

                          Take it with you. You won't have any problems.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Camelback in the park?

                            Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
                            well thats just dandy I'm super excited now hehe. I can carry with me my sun tan lotion, my socks, and a full tank of water, and maybe some fruit snacks!
                            With the "June Gloom" overcast cloudy weather lately, you may not need that suntan lotion. At least this week, we haven't had sunlight until the late afternoon.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Camelback in the park?

                              haha well ill take it just in case.. and maybe i could use it to store a light jacket for the evening when it gets a bit chilly.

                              Anyhow the wedding is tomorrow.. wow!!!! I can't wait.
                              Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

                              If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X