Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Plaza Inn open before the park opens?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is the Plaza Inn open before the park opens?

Does anyone know if the Plaza Inn is open before the official park opening? The Crystal Palace at WDW seems to open before the rest of the park and you can get some great shots of an empty Main Street. I was wondering if anything was the same at Disneyland.
    Looking for a great podcast about Walt Disney World and Disneyland; Check out our latest episode of WEDway Radio at http://www.wedwayradio.com

Follow WEDway Radio on Twitter

Re: Is the Plaza Inn open before the park opens?

If memory serves me correctly (I usually hit the park an hour after it opens and stay unitl it closes....less ppl an hour before closing if 11p-Mid).
    The rope goes from the Refreshment Corner hosted by Coca-Cola) to the Photoshop (Main Street Photo Supply Co.).
    Once the rope is down (Disneyland opens) then Plaza Inn is open for Breakfast.
    Once again,
    It was a long time I ago I got to the park exactly at opening
    so if someone has a different account, please correct me.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Comment

Tuesday me and Piper got to the parks early. I was there about 6:15 am because I took the wrong bus. I lined up and at about 6:45 am they opened the security gates. At 7 am the Plaza Inn sent a pair of ladies to hand out to people going there a button. At 7 am the Plaza Inn line and the Magical Morning crowd surged forward through the gates.

The Plaza Inn line is on the far left and the MM group is the second bank of gates toward the middle. We then headed up Main Street to the Plaza Inn for breakfast and were immediately seated despite 7:15 am reservations. We were done around 7:45 or 7:50 and did Buzz Lightyear twice in a row without getting off but she uses a forearm crutch. I did not have an MM and only an AP so I should not have been in the park before 8 am but we still were allowed to roam the park before park opening.

ANSWER: yes you can get into DCA and Disneyoland before park opening if you have a reservation for breakfast before park opening. For Disneyland just stay to the far left as there is no signage stating that that is the line. CMs will answer questions and do bring an empty stomach as breakfast is humungous. I took with me 5 mini waffles specially made by the chef as I am gluten Free.

Comment

Originally posted by mechurchlady View Post
        Tuesday me and Piper got to the parks early. I was there about 6:15 am because I took the wrong bus. I lined up and at about 6:45 am they opened the security gates. At 7 am the Plaza Inn sent a pair of ladies to hand out to people going there a button. At 7 am the Plaza Inn line and the Magical Morning crowd surged forward through the gates.

The Plaza Inn line is on the far left and the MM group is the second bank of gates toward the middle. We then headed up Main Street to the Plaza Inn for breakfast and were immediately seated despite 7:15 am reservations. We were done around 7:45 or 7:50 and did Buzz Lightyear twice in a row without getting off but she uses a forearm crutch. I did not have an MM and only an AP so I should not have been in the park before 8 am but we still were allowed to roam the park before park opening.

ANSWER: yes you can get into DCA and Disneyoland before park opening if you have a reservation for breakfast before park opening. For Disneyland just stay to the far left as there is no signage stating that that is the line. CMs will answer questions and do bring an empty stomach as breakfast is humungous. I took with me 5 mini waffles specially made by the chef as I am gluten Free.
        I would think it would be to the right since PI is on the right sidef (facing castle) on Mainstreet, but then again, I don't work there so they have a better system (I would hope). More MM ppl must come in from the right side of the park vs left (DD).
        Quote by Al:
        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
        -Al Lutz

Comment

yes, in fact i currently have reservations at plazza in at 7:15 and ariel's grotto for 9:45 both before the park open

Comment

Originally posted by wonton View Post
            yes, in fact i currently have reservations at plazza in at 7:15 and ariel's grotto for 9:45 both before the park open
            Is this done because you can get on rides early w/out doing the morning thing
            or was it hard to choose which one so go w/ both worlds?
            I'm just curious
            Quote by Al:
            -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
              I would think it would be to the right since PI is on the right sidef (facing castle) on Mainstreet, but then again, I don't work there so they have a better system (I would hope). More MM ppl must come in from the right side of the park vs left (DD).
              It does not matter which side you enter the park as you go under the trains, around the circle then up Main Street at both WDW and DLR. Either way people are going to be going up Main Street and it is easier to use the far left gate for exiting later on and for early morning entry. that leaves the central gates open and manned even when MM is over. Usually the far left gate as you enter is later used for exiting.

YES, if you get a breakfast early then you have done a character meal and can usually hit the parks before other guests or shortly there after. As I said we got to the restaurant at just past 7 am and were out of there 15 minutes before we normally would have been allowed into the park and about 20 minutes before people without MM could get where we were. We rode Buzz twice in a row before official opening and could have rode it 10 times in under 45 minutes depending no CMs and how fast we walked.

Ariel's gets you into the far south side near the big rides so that for her 9:45 breakfast she will be leaving at 10:45 at latest and most guest would just be getting to the back side of the park.

Comment

Great Thanks. Always looking for ways to get more.
                Looking for a great podcast about Walt Disney World and Disneyland; Check out our latest episode of WEDway Radio at http://www.wedwayradio.com

Follow WEDway Radio on Twitter

Comment

no i arranged it so its not during my morning madness and then on my morning madness days im not getting in early

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X