This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] DCA's fountain show predictions

Predictions and answers to questions please.

How good will DCA's fountain show be?

Will the water spray as high as Bellagio's in Las Vegas? That show is cool, but it's short, conveniently frequent, and has no admission price, while people pay to get into DCA.

I remember that Sea World had a much, much smaller indoor fountain show in the early to mid 80s that was weak. :thumbdown

Will DCA use the same film on water effects that guests have seen at Fantasmic? How will this show compare and contrast with Fantasmic?

Will this be like the Nemo subs where for the first day or two everyone raved about how wonderful it was, then people began admitting that it was comprised mostly of watching big screen TVs underwater?

There certainly are an impressive number of fountain hoses installed in the now dry DCA pond.

Re: DCA's fountain show predictions

Will the water spray as high as Bellagio's in Las Vegas?
    I think they will spray high, but not as high as the Bellagio fountains.

Will DCA use the same film on water effects that guests have seen at Fantasmic?
    I am pretty sure they'll have the mist screen effects.

Comment

Based on the concept art, it almost definitely will be videos projected onto a wall of water. I do agree, there are an impressive number of water jets being installed.

As far as comparing to Fantasmic, it won't have as much of the non-water parts (Boats, characters and such) just because there is no where for them to come out.

Comment

Also if the water sprays too high, they will have to cancel the show frequently for "Winds at Higher Elevations" (why is there no emoticon for sarcasm when you need one)

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
          I remember that Sea World had a much, much smaller indoor fountain show in the early to mid 80s that was weak. :thumbdown
          Hehehe I used to LOVE that show when I was young and didn't know any better ;-)

The last time I went to Sea World, I found out that the show was gone... and I haven't gone back. That was part of the Sea World experience for me!
          Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by tikicub View Post
            Hehehe I used to LOVE that show when I was young and didn't know any better ;-)

The last time I went to Sea World, I found out that the show was gone... and I haven't gone back. That was part of the Sea World experience for me!
            I loved that show too!

Comment

I just hope that there will be Disney characters and have a sort of story like Fantasmic, and not like the Water show at Disney Sea over in Tokyo. Don't get me wrong, it's a great show, but the story got a little too boring for me.

Comment

My only hope is that they don't rely too heavily on the huge projection screen. Though the concept art featuring Pocahontas and Alice in Wonderland certainly is nice, there isn't much else other than the screen of water. Of course they won't, seeing how many fountains they're adding and the other concept art and whatnot, but that's just something that's been on my mind since seeing those.
                Last edited by Cosmo; 06-21-2009, 06:49 PM. Reason: Typo... It has one.
                -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                  I loved that show too!
                  My bad.

Maybe the DCA show will have:
                  Small fireworks & lasers. . . on sharks !
                  And hot synchronized swimmers with jet packs ! !
                  And a high diver who will dive off of the top of Mickey's Fun Wheel into ten feet of water ! ! !
                  :yea:
                  Last edited by jcruise86; 06-21-2009, 07:45 PM.

Comment

The fountains that are currently in the lagoon will NOT match the height of the Bellagio fountains. It has not yet been confirmed if WET Design is installing this show or supplying the materials. From the pictures I've seen and also standing there looking into the lagoon, it does look like I see Micro-Shooters out there which are a type of fountain supplied from WET Design. However, they only can shoot about 50 to 100 feet. But the thing that fights against them being micro shooters, is that there are no compressed air tanks anywhere under or on the table. All I see is Grundfos pumps split into manifolds to serve the fountains. Those particular pumps out there (especially on the manifolds) will only reach the height of some Waltzing Waters shows which usually hit about 35 to 55 feet.

The other jets out there (the silver ones with bullet shaped nozzles on them) I am unsure of the spray patter. The bronze ones are obvious plumes of water, just a solid column.

There is still plenty of room on the table so hopefully more is to come. The large white tarps that form a circle in the center of the lagoon might be the WET jet Orasmen nozzles which can move 360 degrees. OR they might be the planets for Zerg.

There was recently a hydrolic tower in a pit right behind the table near Fun Wheel. That is said to eventually have Chernabog or Zerg come up out of the water.

So far no mist screens have been installed, but there are supposed to be 3. Some sources say that they may cut the mist screens and just project onto the front curtain of water.
                    Last edited by FantasyWatersDude; 06-24-2009, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
                      The fountains that are currently in the lagoon will NOT match the height of the Bellagio fountains. It has not yet been confirmed if WET Design is installing this show or supplying the materials. . . I see Micro-Shooters out there which are a type of fountain supplied from WET Design. However, they only can shoot about 50 to 100 feet. But the thing that fights against them being micro shooters, is that there are no compressed air tanks anywhere under or on the table. All I see is Grundfos pumps split into manifolds to serve the fountains. Those particular pumps out there (especially on the manifolds) will only reach the height of some Waltzing Waters shows which usually hit about 35 to 55 feet.
                      . . . The other jets out there (the silver ones with bullet shaped nozzles on them) I am unsure of the spray patter. The bronze ones are obvious plumes of water, just a solid column. . . The large white tarps that form a circle in the center of the lagoon might be the WET jet Orasmen nozzles which can move 360 degrees. OR they might be the planets for Zerg. . . There was recently a hydrolic tower in a pit right behind the table near Fun Wheel. That is said to eventually have Chernabog or Zerg come up out of the water.
                      . . . So far no mist screens have been installed. . .
                      FantasyWatersDude, you either REALLY know a lot about fountains,
                      or
                      you are one of the best BS'ers in the whole world.

Comment

FantasyWatersDude, you either REALLY know a lot about fountains,
                        or
                        you are one of the best BS'ers in the whole world.
                        How do you know it's not both.

Anyway, his name is FantasyWatersDude, I'm thinking it's more then just a clever name.
                        The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                        -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                          How do you know it's not both.

Anyway, his name is FantasyWatersDude, I'm thinking it's more then just a clever name.
                          Haha... Fantasy Waters was the name of the water show at the Disneyland Hotel which was a show installed by Waltzing Waters.

I'm in close contact with people at both companies I mentioned, WET Design and Waltzing Waters.

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
                            There is still plenty of room on the table so hopefully more is to come. The large white tarps that form a circle in the center of the lagoon might be the WET jet Orasmen nozzles which can move 360 degrees. OR they might be the planets for Zerg.
                            The tarps were off for a few hours and they turned out to be these:

The best guess seems to be that they're water cannons which reach quite a height.

All I see is Grundfos pumps split into manifolds to serve the fountains. Those particular pumps out there (especially on the manifolds) will only reach the height of some Waltzing Waters shows which usually hit about 35 to 55 feet.
                            All of those jets have a pumped input but they also have a second valve and input which looks like an air input. The second input has yet to be connected to anything.

If you know something about fountain shows then maybe you can help ID them. We've just been guessing about them.

Comment

Predictions and answers to questions please.

How good will DCA's fountain show be?
                              It will be meh.
                              Fitting right in with DCA's overall satisfaction rating.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X