This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Lost Water Ride

So I just stayed at the Paradise Pier for the first time last weekend. I couldn't help but notice on all of the art in the hotel and even in my room that there's a water ride that goes through Screaming. All I could tell from the drawings is that the ride did a big plunge, very similar to Splash Mountain. So does anyone know why this ride didn't make the cut?

Re: Lost Water Ride

Budget cuts.

Comment

Did you take a picture? I would like to see this artwork.
      Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
      I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

Lame. That would have been something cool to have. But then again would there have been room for the new show? Maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by simmer View Post
          You know I didn't. I really should have.

Comment

you can find it online. I've seen it many times.

Comment

the attraction was going to be called something like "shoot the chute" basically a play on the older boat drop water rides that many piers had. the boat would go up a lift then straighten out then another lift until it surpassed the height of the helix. then make a u-turn and drop from that height. The drop would have been like a double drop basically dropping half way strightening out and through a hole in screamin structure then drop down to the bay creating a tidel wave. turn around the orange stinger and then start a smal lift up to a loading area just west of the helix.

Even during the ideas were being tossed around for the billion dollar makeover smiliar ideas were tossed around but the new ideas had a more classic feel with elements that fit the directiont he pier is taking.

Obviously if it had happend small alterations would have been made on where and how to run all the pipes and cables for WOC. The stage area holding all the nozzles would not have been affected

Comment

Originally posted by simmer View Post
                ...Artwork?

...you mean like this??

Photo by Coheteboy

Last edited by Dustysage; 06-22-2009, 10:11 AM. Reason: Photo credit added

Comment

cool. that really would have nice.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post
                    ...Artwork?

...you mean like this??

Photo by Coheteboy

Yup that's exactly what I was talking about. Thanks for posting the pick.
                    Last edited by Dustysage; 06-22-2009, 10:12 AM. Reason: image credit added

Comment

Sounds too much like Perilous Plunge. It's a good thing they didn't put it in.

Comment

I'm glad the attraction was never made.
                        The Pier has enough problems to deal with as it is.
                        :blink: Bullets for Breakfast :blink:
                        Join the party. Face the music.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                          Exactly my thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                            I agree to this, but only because of the lack of thought, creativity, or theming that went into various installs in DCA. If it was properly themed and properly executed it would likely be a lot of fun and up to the high standards set by Disney.
                            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Woops, thanks for the fix Dusty, and thanks to Coheteboy for the image. I just found the pic on another forum.

Anyway, I'm rather glad the flume didn't happen. As others mentioned, other off-the-shelf attractions on Paradise Pier are having to be "fixed" with retheming efforts, and this attraction would surely be just another thorn in WDI's side.

In a sense I think DCA has kind of moved on beyond these rides. WDI have bigger budgets they used to, and DCA doesn't need more these generic rides which are now all over the park. The attractions I could see in Paradise Pier's future are not typpical carnival rides like this, but rather attractions like Midway Mania - dark rides or similar highly-themed attractions that look back nostalgically at Victorian piers. That's the only way I would want to see such a flume ride - if it was part of a much more elaborate show presentation.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X