This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] STOP!: DCA's Carthay Circle Theater tower isn't good enough

DCA should improve on the proposed Carthay Circle Theater at the end of DCA's upcoming main street!

The original may have stood out, but in a Disney park I think it will look boring and insufficient.
    :sleep:
    It is tasteful, but is should be made to look more interesting.
    And why copy an existing building?
    Why not make a beautiful structure that is unique to DCA?

The castles at WDW and Tokyo Disneyland inspire guests and pull me down the street. Whatever is at the end of DCA's main street should do the same. It should draw me inside it to see a beautiful lobby and/or climb up a few different towers.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 06-23-2009, 09:23 AM.

Re: STOP!: DCA's Carthay Circle Theater tower isn't good enough

Nitpick detail, the theater does not exist anymore.

Comment

What's wrong with the Carthay? It is a very nice looking and architecturally interesting structure, which I'm sure will be very capably of drawings guests as much as Castles or Train stations. The real Carthay is gone, which only helps the future DCA version take us to place that we can't go to in the real world and at the same time fit's the California theme perfectly. I'd rather have an accurate representation of the Carthay that is believable and realistic, and not a Disney modified structure.

What would make it "interesting" to YOU? Mouse Ears on top of it? Characters all of it? Make it a giant Disney Mega-store?

Comment

I mixed it up with the one in Westwood. Maybe if there were two towers and there were slides down the back of them.
        I am not in favor if putting a giant hand and wand above it, or covering it with a pink birthday cake.

Or maybe if instead it were like a more vertical version of Pasadena's Castle Green
        or The Mission Inn in Riverside that is so fun to explore.

Comment

I think the Carthay is the perfect weenie for the newly revamped DCA. It is classy, fits the new theme, and is an homage to a beloved historical icon. Much like using the Chinese theater as the weenie for Disney's Studios park in Florida.

I'm not really getting the concern over this one. Building something out of scale or out of character with the rest of the new buildings just wouldn't look right.
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

I think tasteful is a nice change, personally.
            Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
            : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
              Or maybe if instead it were like a more vertical version of Pasadena's Castle Green
              or The Mission Inn in Riverside that is so fun to explore.
              Neither of which has any real significance to Walt Disney's life in California. The Carthay is an elegant choice for the period being celebrated, it was the movie palace that hosted premieres ranging from 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs', 'Gone With The Wind' to 'Fantasia'.
              "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                Neither of which has any real significance to Walt Disney's life in California. The Carthay is an elegant choice for the period being celebrated, it was the movie palace that hosted premieres ranging from 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs', 'Gone With The Wind' to 'Fantasia'.

Very good point, and the Castle Green would be a nice architecture style for a Disneyland Resort Hotel perhaps, but not as a weenie of DCA.

I think the main point that the Carthay Circle Theater does not exist anymore AND that it has some historical significance to Walt Disney, are both great reasons to include it.

They added to MGM / DHS but it's a very scaled down and insignificant version. Seeing it in its fully glory again should be very nice.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Yea, i like Carthay. Its hear to stay. I even made my custom signature have it in it cuz i likes it so much.

I think it really compliments the Castle.
                  sigpic

Comment

I would like it more if they used it as an actual theater... I think DCA has enough "facade only" locations right now.
                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

You're right. We should build it then cover it up with a giant Sorcer's hat!
                      DJ JARVICIOUS
                      Salt Lake City, UT
                      Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
                      www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
                      www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
                      Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

Comment

Originally posted by 10/6 View Post
                        You're right. We should build it then cover it up with a giant Sorcer's hat!
                        LOL - Don't give them any ideas!
                        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

When in doubt ask yourself "What would uncle Walt do?"

Comment

Wasn't it supposed to originally be a theatre???, but they ditched the walt disney story movie?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
                              When in doubt ask yourself "What would uncle Walt do?"
                              Uncle Walt Cronkite would be out in front of the theater reporting about it! Uncle Walt Whitman would be furiously writing about the tragedies of a bygone era. Uncle Walt Knott would ask what happened to his farm... so that said I am still in doubt!
                              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X