• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report 06.29.09 & 06.30.09 Disneyland & DCA Trip Report

COMING UP NEXT....
    Disneyland At Night
    & Day 2 At DCA

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Re: 06.29.09 & 06.30.09 Disneyland & DCA Trip Report

looking forward to the rest...

Comment

Nice pic of the Matterhorn. How long did it take you to get the bobsleds in there together?

Comment

Ah, theres nothing like a good TR to end the day with!

Comment

I don't think I've ever had the luxury of going to Disneyland, leaving to spend time at an awesome pool, then returning for the evening ALL IN THE SAME DAY.

Wonderful report! I feel like i'm on vacation reading this!

Comment

Part 2: Disneyland at Night (*Please note: My camera doesn't take very good pics at night...)

It was around 7:15 when we entered the main gates again and we headed straight to Fantasyland.

Our first ride was Peter Pan, followed by Alice in Wonderland and the Tea Cups...
            We rode in the plain pink cup and the line was a walk on!

Next, we rode Dumbo and the Casey Jr. Circus Train - in the monkey cage, of course. We then rode the Storybook Land Canal Boats (one of my favorites), twice. It was hard to see some of the houses at night, but still fun!

We went and grabbed dinner at the Plaza Inn. We all had the fried chicken and watched the fireworks from the outdoor patio. Mmm...salty goodness.

After dinner, we went and claimed our seat for Fantasmic. A darn good show. But, we realized that we missed the Jungle Cruise...so we snuck away from the show a few minutes early to beat the crowds and then headed over to view the "sign of danger." Our skipper was HILARIOUS. There was only 6 of us in the boat so he was going a little off the beaten path - joke wise. Here was his "I want to go home but I'm going to pretend I'm enjoying this" pose:

When another cast member asked him to do his "sexy" pose...he replied: "What do you think this is? Universal Studios?!" :lol: And here was his "Superman" pose.

When someone asked him if he got to leave at midnight, he replied "I've tried...many times...but the mouse....he just keeps....pulling me back in. He never lets us leave....we're like slaves of the magical land....help me....please!!!"

It was now 11:25, and we headed over to the Coke Corner and got a root beer float. That's the dangerous thing about Disneyland...the food....it's everywhere! After one last ride on Big Thunder, it was 12:00a.m...so we headed out of the park.

We cut through the Grand CA Hotel...

And ended back at our room, tired, and ready to get some rest for DCA.

Coming Up....
            Day at DCA

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
              looking forward to the rest...

Originally posted by BenekinJones View Post
              Nice pic of the Matterhorn. How long did it take you to get the bobsleds in there together?
              Thanks! I wasn't waiting for the 2 bobsleds to show up - I was just taking a picture of the Matterhorn and that's how the picture turned out. Haha.
              Originally posted by ScottG View Post
              Ah, theres nothing like a good TR to end the day with!
              Thanks
              Originally posted by Goover View Post
              I don't think I've ever had the luxury of going to Disneyland, leaving to spend time at an awesome pool, then returning for the evening ALL IN THE SAME DAY.

Wonderful report! I feel like i'm on vacation reading this!
              Aw, thank you!

Comment

Loved it! That guy looked much more entertaining than the "you can record the jungle but not me, sir" girl. AND he let you take pictures of him haha.

Comment

OMGOSH, more more more! I love it!!!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Looking forward to the rest of your pictures!!! They are all very lovely, and it looks like you had a great time! Great trip report!!!

--KAN

Comment

Very lovely TR. Can't wait for more, keep them coming. Good job!

Comment

You got a really great shot of my favorite ride, the matterhorn! I love it! And that CM is too funny, they always make it enjoyable !

Comment

Those night shots look pretty good to me.
                          sigpic
                          Home away from Home.

Comment

Day 2: Disney's California Adventure

The view from our room:

The previous night, we had thought about ordering room service - well, then we vetoed the thought because they added a 19% gratuity. For room service...ouch. Instead, we opted for the PCH Lilo & Stitch Breakfast. Without asking about prices, or knowing how much it would cost....we got a seat. The buffet was good - they had everything from pancakes to chicken nuggets to scrambled eggs with ricotta cheese to salmon. Stitch had a particular liking to our table...he kept coming by and smothering us. :lol: But Stitch made the breakfast worth it. I will say...$105 for three people, for breakfast is steep.

After breakfast, we walked over to DCA and went straight to Soarin'. The line saied 45 minutes, but then due to "technical difficulties" (someone had fallen or done something, so they had the entire left side of the ride cut off...) the line increased to 65 minutes.

Then, we headed over to ride the Grizzly Rafting ride, my favorite attraction at DCA. But first, I bought a poncho. LOL.

We walked around and ended up over by the entrance of Screamin', so that's what we went on. Evie had never been on a rollercoaster...and she claims she doesn't plan on going on another.

Coming Up:
                            Part 2 at DCA

Comment

Originally posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
                              Those night shots look pretty good to me.
                              Thanks.
                              Originally posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
                              You got a really great shot of my favorite ride, the matterhorn! I love it! And that CM is too funny, they always make it enjoyable !

Thank you!
                              Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                              Very lovely TR. Can't wait for more, keep them coming. Good job!
                              Thanks!
                              Originally posted by KAN View Post
                              Looking forward to the rest of your pictures!!! They are all very lovely, and it looks like you had a great time! Great trip report!!!

--KAN

Gracias!
                              Originally posted by RedHandedJill View Post
                              OMGOSH, more more more! I love it!!!
                              Thank you!

Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
                              Loved it! That guy looked much more entertaining than the "you can record the jungle but not me, sir" girl. AND he let you take pictures of him haha.
                              Thanks! And yes, he was great.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X