X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] First trip with the kids question

hey everyone, long time reader first time poster,

I've been to disneyland multiple times and my wife and I are planing to take our kids on a trip to disneyland. They will be ages 6 and almost 2 at the time we are going (Nov. 29 - Dec. 4). My 6 year old wants to ride all the rides and is tall enough, the dilemma is my wife and i also want to go on all of the rides. How do the CM's handle this now? Can my son ride twice, once with me and once with mom? Also how crowded can i expect it to be? Thanks for any pro advice!

Re: First trip with the kids question

Welcome to MiceChat!!

If I remember correctly, the Disneyland Candlelight Procession is generally in the first week of December, so I would avoid main street as much as possible during that evening.

Also, I have heard of a system where each parent can ride while the other is looking after the young one, so yes your 6 year old would probably be able to ride twice. Just inform the CM at the line distribution (asking you how many) and I'm sure they'll set you guys up.

Have a wonderful time in the parks! The Christmas decorations are beautiful.

Comment

Yup, ride swapping is the way to go with a little one. You get to the front of the line and say you're ride swapping. You go on with your older child while your wife waits to the side with the younger one. When you return, you and your wife swap kids while she gets to ride with the older one. I've not heard of an official policy about the child riding twice, but I'd be shocked if an CM did not allow it.

Last month on TSMM we asked for a ride swap and instead the CM gave me a card that allowed me (and a guest) to return to the front of the line (entering from the far left side of the ride, against the wall) on the same day. Never seen that on any other ride. Kinda like an "extra fast" FastPass.

BTW we took our daughter to Disneyland for the first time when she had just turned three. A warning - do not make Splash Mountain a small child's very first ride at Disneyland ever! We were assured by a friend with a child the same age that she'd love it. I thought, "Sure there's a dip, but I'll be holding her tight, and she'll love the singing animals!" What I never realized until I rode SM with a small child is that there is an extended prelude in near pitch-darkness! That freaked her more than anything, and she was very timid of everything after that - even Pooh! After that - no dark rides, nothing where she couldn't see the sun at all times. Suffice to say we rode a whole lot of Teacups and carousels on that trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Matterhorn_sledder View Post
        hey everyone, long time reader first time poster,

I've been to disneyland multiple times and my wife and I are planing to take our kids on a trip to disneyland. They will be ages 6 and almost 2 at the time we are going (Nov. 29 - Dec. 4). My 6 year old wants to ride all the rides and is tall enough, the dilemma is my wife and i also want to go on all of the rides.
        1. How do the CM's handle this now?
        2. Can my son ride twice, once with me and once with mom?
        3. Also how crowded can i expect it to be? Thanks for any pro advice!
        1. Child swap.
        2. I think your son can go twice. I am not a cast member, though.
        3. Probably one of the least crowded weeks of the year. If word gets out, though, it won't be. Because it's one of the lightest crowds of the year, the cast member in charge of child-swap will likely let your son ride twice. If not, your original dilemma is still solved in that all three of you will have ridden once. Too bad one of you might have to ride alone. I can think of worse things to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by M&M Daddy View Post
          BTW we took our daughter to Disneyland for the first time when she had just turned three. A warning - do not make Splash Mountain a small child's very first ride at Disneyland ever! We were assured by a friend with a child the same age that she'd love it. I thought, "Sure there's a dip, but I'll be holding her tight, and she'll love the singing animals!" What I never realized until I rode SM with a small child is that there is an extended prelude in near pitch-darkness! That freaked her more than anything, and she was very timid of everything after that - even Pooh! After that - no dark rides, nothing where she couldn't see the sun at all times. Suffice to say we rode a whole lot of Teacups and carousels on that trip!
          We made that mistake! It was actually the 2nd ride of the 2nd trip and she was 5, but it still almost finished her for the whole trip! The 1st ride was Space Mountain, which was a bad choice, because it did the same thing it did to your daughter...made her afraid of the dark rides. Then the drop in Splash did her in for any ride with a drop. It was painful getting her onto Pirates! Anything that looked like it might drop was hard to get her onto. Thankfully we just kept at it and she was good again by the end of the trip.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X