This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Main Street Photo Salon

I really would like to see Disneyland get back the old time Photo Salon it used to have back in the day. I think it would be perfect to have two choices of settings MS Vehicle and the Lily Belle (like they used to have). It would really bring back a little nostalgia to Main Street... Dont you think?

Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Re: Main Street Photo Salon

I agree! I always wanted to do this. I remeber my older brother and my sister-in-law took a pix there, back in thier early dating years. They had one w/roger rabbit and his car. I wish I could take a cool pix on mainstreet .

Comment

I love the idea of bringing back the Main Street Photo Salon! I would definitely get my photo taken to commemorate each trip I take to the DLR (I go once a year) Great idea!:thumbup:

Comment

i agree, bring it back and make it better!
        "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Alot of people pay to have old fashion photos taken as theme parks and with the resources that Disney has they would be the best available. I mean when they had the Photo studio over at DCA with the green screen people paid to have those photos. I mean this type of photo salon would be perfect for both Main Street or even Paradise Peir as photo salons were typical of amusement parks.

Comment

a photo salon would be perfect on main street! and one over in the soon-to-be rethemed Paradise Pier would totally work.

Comment

Doesn't Paradise Pier have something similar? Or is that just another gift shop with a bad pun?
              Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
              I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

i remember doing a photo salon in PP not sure if its still there or not. But it was more green screen then anything.
                -Ricky
                DLand Connoisseur
                http://www.djrickyjay.com

Comment

Originally posted by SiRocket View Post
                  But it was more green screen then anything.
                  You mean like what Universal does with videos?

Give me the photo salon please.
                  Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
                  I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

Originally posted by simmer View Post
                    Doesn't Paradise Pier have something similar? Or is that just another gift shop with a bad pun?
                    Originally posted by SiRocket View Post
                    i remember doing a photo salon in PP not sure if its still there or not. But it was more green screen then anything.
                    PP used to have a green screen photo salon but it was removed when they redid the games... it used to be located just left of the tattoo shop.

Comment

Um hm. The idea of the photo salon sounds fun but it reminds me to much of a cheap amuesment park. I don't really like the idea. I'm not sure if it could really survive in Disneyland. It does sound fun tho
                      sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                      Disney is my life <3
                      Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                      Future Imagineer <3
                      Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

I guess that would be cool. I'm not one for personal photos (nor is my dad), but if people have an interest for it, then it'll be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleImagineer View Post
                          Um hm. The idea of the photo salon sounds fun but it reminds me to much of a cheap amuesment park. I don't really like the idea. I'm not sure if it could really survive in Disneyland. It does sound fun tho
                          Although the idea is not original, it is still a unique experience that many people had during the turn of the century. You could go to just about any tourist attraction and get a photo taken. In fact the Sutro Baths & Cliff House in San Francisco had a photo salon between 1894 and 1907.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X