Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French Market/HMH promotion (food and coin)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Market/HMH promotion (food and coin)

I was looking forward to seeing French Market's new HMH-related food promotion this year. Here are descriptions of the two new items. I don't get the connection between Lock, Shock and Barrell/trick or treat and sweet and sour. The dish didn't sound or look particularly interesting to me, so I was disappointed. I'd really enjoyed the chicken six feet under and bowl of bones from previous years. The husband had the lasagna and said it was ok but the vegetables were cooked beyond recognition.

Instead of a patch promotion this year, they have a coin promotion. It's still 13 weeks for 13 different coins. You get a coin for each single $30 purchase, after tax and discounts. The coin comes in a little plastic pouch, with a color picture on the front that has the mansion in the background left and Zero flying in front of it and Santa Jack on the right. It's got the "Nightmare" banner in orange at the top, with HMH in yellow right under that and "2005 Disneyland" at the bottom middle. The one side of the coin that will remain the same has HMH 2005 across the top, with the mansion to the left side and Santa Jack examining a snowflake in the middle and Disneyland at the bottom. This week's coin is of Jack, with "The Nightmare Before Christmas" across the top, Jack's name at the bottom, and a picture of Jack in front of the hill curl in the middle. I actually like the other side of the coin better. I'll try to get pictures up in the next couple days.

The French Market has also had a gingerbread house themed to HMH. The first two years, it was identical to the gingerbread house on the dining room table in the ballroom. Last year and this year, they've dispensed with that. This year's French Market piece, while nice, is actually quite uninspired, imo. Here's a picture.

Re: French Market/HMH promotion (food and coin)

Interesting. Actually, that chicken sounds tasty.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

I was going to say something about this earlier but life...

Anyway I have done the promotion for the past few years speending overly much for some of the worst food at the resort. Last years dog bowls were an added plus but this year the bath tub is just not that cute and I'm still in debt from buying $$$ of food to get my patch that if I had waited a couple of weeks was on ebay for less than 5 dolars. I could just not justify the cost for the lack luster food. Later yesterday I was walking by there and overheard a young lady say in referance to the promo complaining about how she couldn't afford to do this years coin. I like these little perks that keep you comming back to the park but there is a point where they are no longer practical, I guess that I will just wait untill I see them on ebay for a buck.
      themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
      Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

Comment

I thought the Jack gingerbread house looked a bit funny. They should bring back the jelly bean Oogie Boogie!
        Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
        After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.

Comment

Do they have the Zero dog bowls again? Or is it something different this year? If so what and how much?

Comment

Interesting, vedy vedy interesting!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
            ~

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings
              Do they have the Zero dog bowls again? Or is it something different this year? If so what and how much?
              No, they don't have the Zero dog bowls. There is apparently some kind of bathtub that comes with the Lock, Shock and Barrel dish. As for your other questions, your answers can be found if you read the first post in this thread...

Comment

Yikes $13 for that? I don't know what it looks like but that's alot for me lol. I managed to get the dog dishes for about $5 last year with just potatoes in them.

Comment

Originally posted by cstephens
                  The French Market has also had a gingerbread house themed to HMH. The first two years, it was identical to the gingerbread house on the dining room table in the ballroom. Last year and this year, they've dispensed with that. This year's French Market piece, while nice, is actually quite uninspired, imo. Here's a picture.
                  The French Market gingerbread is an almost exact copy of the first Jack Skelington Big Fig. While it looks nice in its big fig form, I quite agree with cstephens that as a gingerbread figure, it's rather an uninspiring thing.

Comment

maybe they figured they shouldn't go all out when people just destroy them every year. They start looking pretty shabby fast. I guess look with your eyes and not with your hands has lost all meaning....??

I'm looking ofrward to the new menu. I loved it last year. Although i only had it twice...LOL

Comment

I'm such a plain jane. I just get my side of potatoes with gravy every time I go. But gosh darn it the gravy is so good!

Comment

ne1 know if the riverfront fettucine still exists during the holiday season? it's my fav dish hahaha
                        Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
                        [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Comment

Lock Shock and Barrel are my favorite, so looks like i gots to get me some chicken in a bath tub! :yea:
                          <o>

Comment

Originally posted by DLCM
                            Lock Shock and Barrel are my favorite, so looks like i gots to get me some chicken in a bath tub! :yea:
                            Same here!
                            Both those dishes look good.
                            But $30 for a coin? Dang.
                            And that gingerbread Jack does look strange. It's be so cool if they recreated the HMH one!
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Here's a picture of the coin.

Comment