This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Building Walt's Dream: Disneyland Construction Time Lapse

I'm not sure how many of you have seen this, but it is an amazing compilation of footage from 1954-55 while Disneyland was first being built. It contains both real time footage, as well as time-lapse footage. What truly amazes me is how quickly they were able to build what they did.

Tony Baxter from Walt Disney Imagineering does an excellent job of narrating you through this footage and pointing out some very interesting facts. It's a five part series, so the link below only contains Part I. YouTube's "related links" should bring up the subsequent footage for you to click and watch.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7NooXnWm5U"]YouTube - Building Walt's Dream - Disneyland's Construction PT 1[/ame]

Enjoy!!
    sigpic
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

Re: Building Walt's Dream: Disneyland Construction Time Lapse

Hey Reeder. Do you know the source for that footage? A Disneyland DVD I assume?
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

I love those videos...so amazing to watch it all come together!

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
        Hey Reeder. Do you know the source for that footage? A Disneyland DVD I assume?

It's from the Walt Disney Treasures- Disneyland, Secrets, Stories and Magic DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Zticket View Post
          It's from the Walt Disney Treasures- Disneyland, Secrets, Stories and Magic DVD.
          Great DVD, watch it all the time
          FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Comment

What's amazing is that Tony Baxter mentions that there are hundreds of hours (I believe that's right) of timelapse footage! I hope some day they release more (no matter how boring they may think it is to casual viewers) and even all of it - I'd be first in line to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
              What's amazing is that Tony Baxter mentions that there are hundreds of hours (I believe that's right) of timelapse footage! I hope some day they release more (no matter how boring they may think it is to casual viewers) and even all of it - I'd be first in line to buy it.
              Yup.

I believe he said there was about 400 hours of footage. Wow!!
              sigpic
              "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by indyIluvu View Post
                Great DVD, watch it all the time
                Same here. People and Places: Disneyland USA with Tony Baxter is my favorite segment. The documentary is great how they don't just interview the Imagineers but also the people that ran the park.

Comment

Thanks Zticket. I have that one and now am really anxious to finally open it and watch! Very cool.
                  Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
                    Thanks Zticket. I have that one and now am really anxious to finally open it and watch! Very cool.

I believe the Time lapse footage is on the second Disc under Bonus Material.

Comment

Great footage ... Thanks for posting.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ha, this could use some "Yakkity-Sax" )

That's an amazing DVD, btw. Well worth however much you can find it for!

Comment

I watch this segment all the time. I love the commentary with Tony Baxter and other Imagineers.
                          sigpic
                          Home away from Home.

Comment

It was amazing to see the castle being built! Great find!

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X