X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How deep is river of america? Are the canoes on a track

Hi there,

Do you guys know how deep is river of America (Fantasmic)?

Also is the canoe on a track? What happens if one is to fall off the canoe while paddling?

Thanks guys
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

re: How deep is river of america? Are the canoes on a track

Oh the river is pretty deep, I don't know exactly how deep, I'm going to say its about 7 ft deep from what I've seen on pics.
    No, the only things that are on tracks are the Mark Twain and the Columbia, the canoes, rafts are not on tracks.
    The chances of someone falling out are really slim

Comment

re: How deep is river of america? Are the canoes on a track

The river is about five feet deep.

Comment

Re: How deep is river of america? Are the canoes on a track

OMG we kept saying to the canoes were on tracks and they said they weren't but it was still funny the guy thought we were annoying.
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rickstir View Post
          the canoes, rafts are not on tracks.

I know the canoes are not tracked, but I could have sworn the Tom Sawyer rafts were tracked.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickstir View Post
            Oh the river is pretty deep, I don't know exactly how deep, I'm going to say its about 7 ft deep from what I've seen on pics.
            No, the only things that are on tracks are the Mark Twain and the Columbia, the canoes, rafts are not on tracks.
            The chances of someone falling out are really slim
            Er no, even if they where that deep that still isn't deep at all..

Comment

But didn't someone drwon in the river of america. It was like in the 80's, a 2 brothers tried to swim from tom sayer's island to new orleans square. So i have to believe it's at least 12 feet deep.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesFreak1 View Post
                But didn't someone drwon in the river of america. It was like in the 80's, a 2 brothers tried to swim from tom sayer's island to new orleans square.
                It was actually June of 1973. An 18-year old and his 10-year old brother stayed on the island past dusk, near the old Burning Settler's Cabin. Rather than yell out for help, they tried to swim back. Since the 10-year old didn't know how to swim, the older brother tried to carry him on his back and went down. An employee found the younger boy floating, and brought him in.

They didn't find the body of the older boy until the next day.
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesFreak1 View Post
                  But didn't someone drwon in the river of america. It was like in the 80's, a 2 brothers tried to swim from tom sayer's island to new orleans square. So i have to believe it's at least 12 feet deep.
                  You can drown in a foot of water.

Simply put, the River of America just isn't that deep.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdat...2-2-03-AVP.jpg

See those steps? That's not a 12 foot stairway. I can count nine steps to the top of the dock. Assuming typical 8" risers, we're looking at a depth there of about 56 inches. And that's to the top of the dock! Obviously, the water doesn't come to the top.

Logically, there is simply no good reason why the river needs to be any deeper than what you see. First, it's a waste of water. Nothing needs that much depth to float (the Columbia is flat-bottomed).You'd have to build the guide rail onto tall trestles. And for what?

Sure, some folks will argue that there are openings in the river for dragons and such that go deeper, but the simple fact is, that the mean depth of the Rivers of America is only a few feet.
                  Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 08-10-2009, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anziodogface View Post
                    I know the canoes are not tracked, but I could have sworn the Tom Sawyer rafts were tracked.
                    Absolutely not.

If they were on a track, how would they cross the main Twain/Columbia track?

Comment

The only things in the river during the day that are tracked is the columbia and m.twain.

Steve.. one point for deeper water is simply clearance, to avoid having to block off areas for stuff under the water.

These fantasmic photos do a good job of answering many people's curiosities
                      Construction of Disneyland's Fantasmic!

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                        The only things in the river during the day that are tracked is the columbia and m.twain.

Steve.. one point for deeper water is simply clearance, to avoid having to block off areas for stuff under the water.

These fantasmic photos do a good job of answering many people's curiosities
                        Construction of Disneyland's Fantasmic!
                        Sure, Flynn, I grant you that some thing needed to be placed into deep pits, like the Dragon. But as the pictures you posted amply demonstrate, 99.999% of the river is in fact quite shallow.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                          Sure, Flynn, I grant you that some thing needed to be placed into deep pits, like the Dragon. But as the pictures you posted amply demonstrate, 99.999% of the river is in fact quite shallow.
                          I meant more for the fountains, and all that other jibberish they eventually put in the river There is reason to make things deeper. Look at DCA, they built that monster really deep. Arguably they could just put pits where necessary, since it's only certain areas that need the clearance, and not the entire river.

But when it's all said and done.. it's the magic!

Comment

When they had that ride closed years ago I worked for the anaheim police department and we did training there with the SWAT team and it wasnt that deep at all. (During that time the water was drained)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                              I would say more like 70% is shallow (3 to 4 feet deep)... the rest of it, you wouldn't be able to walk across unless your head was under water.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X