X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameraman charged after Disneyland incident

Cameraman charged after Disneyland incident

October 9, 2005

Ananheim, California - A photographer was charged with child endangerment and battery for allegedly striking a five-year-old child with his camera and shoving another out of the way to take pictures of Reese Witherspoon and her children.

Todd K. Wallace, 44, was charged on Friday and was due back in court on Wednesday, Assistant City Attorney Patrick Ahle said.

The photographer also is charged with battering the five-year-old's mother, who is a friend of Witherspoon, and two employees at a Disney theme park, said Anaheim Police Sergeant Rick Martinez.

Wallace became angry when the Legally Blonde star and her friends declined to be photographed September 2 at Disney's California Adventure and cursed them, Martinez said. Wallace was initially cited for misdemeanor assault and battery of the two employees

The incident left some of the children in tears.

Tabloids must realise that "battering and endangering a child to get a picture for their magazines is criminal and not business as usual," said Witherspoon's attorney, Blair Berk.

A phone message left for Wallace early Saturday was not immediately returned. He served more than four years in prison after a 1993 conviction of second-degree burglary and receiving goods by fraud, according to state corrections records.

In August, prosecutors decided not to charge photographers whom Witherspoon said chased her from her gym and trapped her outside the West Los Angeles gated community where she lives with her husband, actor Ryan Phillippe, and their two children. - Sapa-AP

What would you do if it was your child in the way? I don't think many people could control themselves.

Re: Cameraman charged after Disneyland incident

:blink: What an idiot!!

Comment

I am not sticking up for him, but if he just swung his arm chances are he is going to hit a kid. I hate how parents let their kids go wild, oh wait. This was at CA? Nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by C-HOX
        I am not sticking up for him, but if he just swung his arm chances are he is going to hit a kid. I hate how parents let their kids go wild, oh wait. This was at CA? Nevermind.
        According to the post, he...
        -Struck a five-year-old child with his camera
        -Shoved another out of the way
        -Battered the five-year-old's mother
        -Cursed them out
        and before this incident, he
        -was jailed for second-degree burglary and receiving goods by fraud

I don't think this was a case of him hitting the child by accident. This was a case of a desperate photographer who cares more about getting the picture then about other people. This seems like the kind of guy who harrasses celebrities and people in general.

-Michael
        “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by askmike1
          -Cursed them out

I don't think this was a case of him hitting the child by accident. This was a case of a desperate photographer who cares more about getting the picture then about other people. This seems like the kind of guy who harrasses celebrities and people in general.

-Michael
          Just like most other stalk-arazzi's

Comment

The paparazzi needs to give it a rest. It's really too bad that celebrities can't go anywhere.

Comment

Jerk.

I can't wait for Arnold to kick some paparazzi butt through the legal system

Comment

They should allow celebrities that law that was passed in Florida not too long ago.

Comment

The Paparazzis are really starting to make a (worse) name for themselves with recent incidents.

Comment

So a big TV/movie star visits DL with their family...Big-deal...Who cares??? Let them enjoy the Park alone w/o being bothered by cameras. And this incident is WAY over the line. If they were my kids...I'd sue!

They should have better things to report about.

Comment

Originally posted by askmike1
                      -Cursed them out

-Michael

Well, hopefully he will raped in prison by "accident" anyway......what an A-hole.
                      -----------------------------------------------
                      DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

That's a shame, I think they should be able to strike him with his camera in retaliation.
                        I wonder, if doing something like this allowed for legal physical retailiation how long would it take for this kind of thing to become not so often?

Comment

If I had any political power, I would definately defend the celebrities. Paparazzi shoul only be able to take photos of them at press mettings, premiers, award shows, etc. but not during their private lives.

Comment

Originally posted by openattheseams
                            They should allow celebrities that law that was passed in Florida not too long ago.

What law is that?

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                            Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                            Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

The incident could have been worse. Lindsay Lohan may have been there and had an accident in the parking structure.

I'm just surprised there were actually people at DCA. Enough to run over and injure.

:mob:
                              What's that I hear about the PeopleMover coming back? :beg:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X