My Brother is in the Disneyland Christmas Day parade on TV, and I will be there!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coolspike9
    Cheese With That Whine?
    • Aug 2009

[Chat] My Brother is in the Disneyland Christmas Day parade on TV, and I will be there!!!

Hi all! I just have to say, I am so excited because I will be there all day for the filming! Of course, if you didn't know this, the parade is not on Christmas day, it is recorded on December 7 (i think). My brother is dancing in the parade, and I mean as a main act. He will be dancing with celebrities such as Corbin Bleu, Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, and more. So, us as parents/ siblings, we are supposed to stand on the sidewalks on Main Street and try to look really cold, to give it that Christmas feel. They start filming VERY early in the morning, and will be there all day. Yes, I am in the filming, and my brother is dancing with Studio 4 Dance Co. Ryan Seacrest is the host, and I am soooo excited. My brother gets to go backstage and rehearse the day before. Ill be posting pics and news. Any questions? Just post them. Thanks!!
    Dude..
  • Seahorse
    With The Brain Of A Bird
    • May 2009

Re: My Brother is in the Disneyland Christmas Day parade on TV, and I will be there!!

Sounds cool. Tell your brother "break a leg" for me. Not literally of course.
    I'll be surprised if they ask you to look cold since pretty much the world knows that DL is in So California.
    Have a great time.
    "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

Comment

• ttrocc7007
      We Want The Redhead
      • Feb 2008

Re: My Brother is in the Disneyland Christmas Day parade on TV, and I will be there!!

Last year's taping was in brutally hot early november. those poor CMs all wearing heavy costumes and sweaters with scarves in 90 degree weather.
      I ran into Darkbeer out there in front of the Jose' Feliciano gig. It inspired me to get myself a new guitar...
      First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
      First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
      BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

• xxlollipoplilxx
        New MiceChatter
        • Oct 2009

isn't it on november 7th because I dont know but in the past few years it has always been in november i have been going for like past 3 years so i was just wondering did they change it

Comment

• Coolspike9
          Cheese With That Whine?
          • Aug 2009

I ment November 7th, yes, my bad!
          Dude..

Comment

• xxlollipoplilxx
            New MiceChatter
            • Oct 2009

AWESOME definitely going then

Comment

• Micoofy Duck
              I'm Theme Park Happy!
              • May 2006

Take loads of pictures and do post a trip report if you can! ;o)

Comment

• CarrieV82
                New MiceChatter
                • Jul 2009

When does the parade start?

Comment

• karebear286
                  Disneyland Nomad
                  • Feb 2006

It is alway so hot the days they film the christmas parade. Ive gone 3 years in a row, we left last year because of heat.
                  "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." :ghug:

The Beatles

Comment

• hurricanecolby !
                    MiceChatter
                    • May 2009

what channel is this aired on?

Comment

• marqueemark
                      Relapsed
                      • Feb 2009

That is really exciting and sounds like so much fun!
                      Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers - can you see how incredible this is going to be? - hang gliding, come on!

Comment

• Sparky
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by hurricanecolby ! View Post
                        what channel is this aired on?
                        The annual special, which has been airing for many, many years, is on the ABC Network on Christmas day.

Comment

• jsdmn2
                          MiceChatter
                          • Apr 2007

Yes, take lots of pics and post a TR!

Oh, and have fun!

Comment

• FantasmicNut
                            hugs and peaches!!!
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                            Sounds cool. Tell your brother "break a leg" for me. Not literally of course.
                            I'll be surprised if they ask you to look cold since pretty much the world knows that DL is in So California.
                            Have a great time.

haha this is kind of off topic, but i know the story behind this. a long time ago, (in the 1800s-ish) the curtains of a theater stage were pulled up and down, instead of out. the ropes to pull them were called legs. sometimes actors would do so many encores that the rope would break. hence, break a leg! lol
                            so yes! tell him to break the rope kind of leg

(then you can tell him the story and he'll think you're amazing for knowing that)
                            "Won't you please be my prisoner, please, please, please!"
                            "I do not like the cone of shame"
                            "Oh! A ball! Oh boy! Oh boy! a ball!!"
                            "Hey, I know a joke! A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, "I forgot to store acorns for the winter and now I am dead." Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead."
                            "I hid under your porch because I love you."

-Dug=the cutest dog ever!!

sigpic

Comment

• Seahorse
                              With The Brain Of A Bird
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by FantasmicNut View Post
                              haha this is kind of off topic, but i know the story behind this. a long time ago, (in the 1800s-ish) the curtains of a theater stage were pulled up and down, instead of out. the ropes to pull them were called legs. sometimes actors would do so many encores that the rope would break. hence, break a leg! lol
                              so yes! tell him to break the rope kind of leg

(then you can tell him the story and he'll think you're amazing for knowing that)
                              Thanks for the background on that phrase. I always thought it was because it was considered bad luck to wish a performer good luck before a performance so you'd wish for something bad to happen to them so that they'd have a good performance. Man... that just made me a little dizzy. Thanks again for the history behind the saying.
                              And to keep this on topic, I'm looking forward to hearing how the taping went. Please let us know Coolspike9.
                              "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

Comment

• Aladdin
                                Prince Ali
                                • Jan 2005

It's getting real close! Time for the names of the celebrities to make themselves know.
                                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• mekchin
                                  Tink711
                                  • Dec 2006

Well Ryan Seacrest won't be there on Saturday. His Twitter page says he will be at the Penn State/Ohio State football game on Saturday.

Comment

• Sparky
                                    • Aug 2005

The Disneyland entertainment schedule that I saw online did not have the normal 11:15am Tiana's Showboat Revue listed for Sunday and altered showtimes for later in the day from the normal showtimes. That would seem to be a hint that they will probably be filming that on Sunday.

Comment

• xxlollipoplilxx
                                      New MiceChatter
                                      • Oct 2009

I went this morning and there was a sign that said the taping is tomorrow but since i didnt stay for the parade i dont know what went on. but yeah i am pretty sure there is something tomorrow

Comment

• xxlollipoplilxx
                                        New MiceChatter
                                        • Oct 2009

If anyone gets to read this in time today is the taping of the parade with ryan and demi lovato is going to perform.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X