• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoCalbma
    Love HD videos!
    • Jun 2009

Video Why doesn't Disneyland have Beauty and the Beast

Hey guys,

I am wondering, how come Disneyland does not want to bring "Beauty and the Beast the musical" from Walt Disney World to Disneyland.

right now, there aren't any show in the used to be Show White and storytelling stage. I think they should bring Beauty and the beast here.

What do you guys think?

Here a video that I recorded in HD when I was in Walt Disney World:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atdbgT8YCJQ&feature=channel"]YouTube - Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Extreme HD[/ame]

Also check out my other XTREME HD videos that I have recorded such as: Halloween Screams, the new dragon, magical fireworks etc.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• CaptPhoebus
    Dumptruck of Information
    • Jun 2005

Re: Why doesn't Disneyland have Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast did play at Disneyland in the early 1990's. It even played in the now Fantasyland Theater. It was replaced with Pocahantas. Check out this wikipedia article for more information. Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nice video, btw.

Comment

• orbitalpunk
      Majestic Falcon
      MiceChat Moderator
      • Sep 2005

You can see one of my clips of the show when it was at disneyland on my MC Blog. I think it was 1991. Its the last video. It was the best show ever next to Christmas show around the same year.

MiceChat - Video Gallery

Micenation

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
        Adventure First, Ad Last
        • Mar 2006

Because Disney is being cheap.
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• almandot
          Shubisha
          • Apr 2005

#1, beauty and the beast already played at disneyland and if they were going to bring back any show from their past that would not be the one I pick.

#2 the show's really outdated and they'd have to update it anyways, and since once again if they were going to bring back any show from the past that would not be the one I picked, I'd rather they updated a different one or made a new one

#3 I think it's already been established that after the Snow White musical Disneyland cried out to WDI and management that they don't want any more musical shows they want budget focused on attractions. True Hyperion is looking to replace Aladdin and I'm all for it but that's clearly not the only thing DCA has going for it right now.

Comment

• Oswald the Rabbitt
            Mickey is not my Brother
            • Aug 2006

What Disney needs to do is build Beauty and the Beast attraction preferabbly in the old Motor Boat Cruise area, and not build the proposed Tinkerbelle attraction there.

Comment

• Bob Weaver
              MiceChatter
              • Aug 2009

Not only a permanent attraction based on Beauty and the Beast, they also need permanent attractions based on Mary Poppins, Fantasia and The Lion King.

Comment

• almandot
                Shubisha
                • Apr 2005

or focus on a good ride first and let a movie tie-in come naturally if at all =)

Comment

• OC2Epcot
                  DLR WDW HKDL SHDL
                  • Jun 2009

I'm all for new and better attractions, but I still think all the parks should have good live shows as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Fantasmico!
                    Merry 2014!
                    • Apr 2005

I agree there needs to be a good show. But I wonder if guests voted with their feet to let Disney know they wanted more rides, not shows.
                    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

• Dan - Tasmic!
                      Banned User
                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by almandot View Post
                      #2 the show's really outdated and they'd have to update it anyways, and since once again if they were going to bring back any show from the past that would not be the one I picked, I'd rather they updated a different one or made a new one
                      How is the show outdated??

Originally posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
                      What Disney needs to do is build Beauty and the Beast attraction preferabbly in the old Motor Boat Cruise area, and not build the proposed Tinkerbelle attraction there.
                      When was this announced??

They should bring a show back to the Fantasyland Theater and let the Princesses roam FREE in Fantasyland.

Comment

• Peace_N_Love
                        I just wanna be happy = )
                        • Feb 2009

I loved the shows. I grew up on the Disney musicals. They should never have stopped them. Hopefully, now with The Princess & The Frog and with Tiana's Showboat Jubilee, they will start to focus a bit more on bringing back the musicals. The Fantasyland Theater and the Festival Arena (remember that???) are being completely wasted.
                        I'd love it, I know others who would, and kids would love it. I hope that once the economy gets back on track so will Disneyland's Enteretainment Dept. (fingers crossed)
                        sigpic

Comment

• Bob Weaver
                          MiceChatter
                          • Aug 2009

Hope no Disney management is reading this. Shhh.

Build a new theater on Cherry Tree Lane in place of the Fantasyland Theater. Have a live Mary Poppins show 12 times per day in the new theater. Sell reserved seats for $5 and let guests in a standby line be seated free in unsold seats. Have a waiting area with sidewalk artists and a small Feed The Birds area. Have the show last 45 minutes. Perform 7 songs from Mary Poppins and let them all be sing-along. Use live actors with microphones, no lip-syncing, although the background music can be recorded as long as the sound system is state-of-the-art. Use special effects to enhance, but not upstage, the presentation. Have the theater exits lead to a gift shop where the DVD of Mary Poppins is sold along with souvenirs such as umbrellas and chimney brushes.

Then after that, a Jungle Book ride sharing the same real estate as the Jungle Cruise and a Lion King E-ticket-level ride in Critter Country. Reinstate the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland and Adventure Thru Inner Space, add WALL-E's Journey to Axiom and finally build the Western River Expedition.

OK, now Disney management can start reading again. Nothing to see here, move along.

Comment

• Baloo
                            • Jun 2005

i know i have said this before but i really think that if they are not considering adding a show to the theater they should just demolish it.

The land the theater sits on including the backstage infrastructure for the theater is very big and could easily be used to build an extention to fantasyland

Comment

• Tomorrowland_1967
                              Artistic integrity
                              • Mar 2009

I'm glad I got see both versions of this stage show at Disney/MGM Studios and at Disneyland's Fantasyland Theatre/Videopolis. The one at DL followed the chronological order of the film better .. and I'm glad it played longer than any other stage show. Without looking at the Wikipedia page .. I think it ran for 3 years.
                              MY SIGNATURE:
                              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

• nonob88
                                Dream in wonderful color!
                                • Jan 2005

I can't believe that show is still around! The show is cute but it's time for something new..
                                - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X