This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Tony Baxter @ DL! - 10/08/09

My husband, 9 year old daughter, and I were touring the 'new' Disney Gallery yesterday afternoon when what to my WANDERING eye should appear... in the Mr. Lincoln lobby area... but one Mr. Tony Baxter!

He was just standing in front of the big model of Disneyland staring wistfully at it. I was so excited to see him! I just had to introduce myself. I tried not to get all Disney fan on him! I told him how much I admired his work and thanked him for all his dedication to Disneyland, and it's preservation. I introduced him to my daughter... "This is the man who imagineered your favorite attraction, honey." (Big Thunder) He made a big deal about her name, Eloise, being like the character in the book and told her how he spent a wonderful winter with his nephew at the Plaza Hotel after they saw Home Alone! He told us he was there at Disneyland checking on the progress of Mr. Lincoln. He just saw the fully completed head for the first time and he said it was almost scary how realistically the AA moved. That it had cheek "bones" and smile "lines and muscles".

It was really nice seeing him there. To be able to tell someone who has brought so much happiness to myself, and so many others, "Thank you!" was quite fulfilling. And it seemed it meant something to him, too.

The bear band bears are playing now, in the good ol' key of G.
    There's Zeke and Zeb and Ted and Fred and bear named Tennessee...

Re: Tony Baxter @ DL! - 10/08/09

That's awesome! He's a really nice man...I had the pleasure of meeting him at the D23 Expo.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

Comment

That is AWESOME!!! You should of taken a picture with him.

Comment

I met him at D23 also. He's such a nice guy, mellow, down to earth. It was a pleasure.
        Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
        Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

OMG. I'm so jealous of you. My boyfriend (JFSebastian) will be even more so- I joke that they are lovers, because he admires Tony Baxter so much, lol. But that's really awesome, thank you for sharing.

Comment

What a wonderful opportunity. I would love the chance to say hi to him and thank him for his creativity and hard work over the years. He always seems like such a humble and modest person in everyone's meetings with him.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Oh man! I'm so jealous!
              I've always hoped to run into him but I think if I did I'd be starstruck!
              Plus he's my "Disney Crush" :blush:
              I :love: Donald Duck!

Comment

He's one of the few people I'd love to run into and just shake his hand.

Comment

That's awesome. Every time I go to Disneyland, I try and keep my eyes peeled He seems like such a great man and I'd love to get the opportunity to get to meet him or at least see him in person.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitzeuge View Post
                    He's one of the few people I'd love to run into and just shake his hand.
                    Same here.
                    "You are watching FOX"

Comment

How amazing! I saw him at DL last Dec, but, was too stunned to stop him and shake his hand. He seems like such a great man.

Comment

I also like what he said about the Lincoln AA. Very promising for that attraction!

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                          I also like what he said about the Lincoln AA. Very promising for that attraction!
                          Replace it with Great Moments with Walt Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                            Me too! I can't wait to see Mr Lincoln again!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X