Top 10 things that I learned on Micechat that made my recent trip to DLR great!
8) Hidden Mickeys: I had heard of these and knew a few but after hanging out here since March, I was much more prepared to look and find the Hidden Mickeys. I think I am going to pick up the book for the next visit so I can look more in depth next time.
6) Fantasmic!: Ok, so I had never actually seen DLR Fantasmic!. I saw a show in Florida years ago that I think was similar but had never taken the time to see this show. We did not get there very early and ended up seeing it from the side but it was still a lot of fun and really cool to watch. And Murphy was great. I am glad that I took time out to watch Fantasmic!
5) Rides are not always the priority: Rushing from ride to ride makes a day seem hectic and crazy. I read trip reports here that include pictures with characters. We took the time to meet Alice and the Mad Hatter. We waited in line for Goofy in his skeleton costume because my 36 year old husband had to get a picture with him. The rides were not the most important thing all the time and it was really fun and nice. The park was richer and had more depth. It was fun being giggly and excited to see characters. I am glad that we included this aspect of the park in our trip.
4) Pins: We had so much fun trading pins. I big thank you for those in the pin trading section who taught me about Hidden Mickey pins and what to look for. I know we are still amateurs but we had a lot of fun.
3) Photo Pass: I always get the Photo Pass and get suckered into buying the CD and pictures. But I learned a couple of things here. First, I had the CM take pictures with my camera too every time and did not feel bad about it. Second, I did not even look at the pictures at the resort. You guys taught me that I can do it online up to 30 days after. So I did not even view the photo pass there. No messing with the crazy lines or feeling pressure to buy right then and there.
1) Bengal BBQ bacon wrapped asparagus: Another place I had never eaten at. The food here is great. Yummy grilled offerings and that asparagus is out of this world! I could eat that asparagus for every meal. How did I miss that all these years? So very delicious.
So here are 10 reasons that my recent trip was better because of Micechat. Thank you all!