Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

    ORIGINALLY SUGGESTED IN 2007:
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...sco-dca-4.html POST # 48

    I'd like to see a NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS attraction in a recreation of this building, the Carson Mansion in EUREKA:


    This image has been resized. Click to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280x960.


  • #2
    Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

    It struck me that the Carson Mansion in Eureka, which I suggested would be a great building to house an attraction, looks a lot like Mystic Manor. I wonder how similar the ride will be to Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror. Because it could work as the centerpiece of a San Francisco or Nor Cal themed land at DCA.
    Last edited by CaliforniaAdventurer; 10-22-2009, 09:59 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

      I've actually never heard of Carson Mansion, but I've been to the Winchester Mystery House. That place has a lot of potential to be interpreted into an attraction. Doors that open to nowhere, windows in the floor, etc.
      "I can stand the sight of worms,
      and look at microscopic germs,
      but technicolor pachyderms
      are really too much for me."

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

        I am actually from Eureka, and I must say that the Carson Mansion does have a very creepy side to it. Its owned by a group of old men that are in a club, and nobody really knows what its about. It'd make a perfect addition to DCA. It's very pretty, in a creepy sorta way haha.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

          That's an awesome idea......:thumbup:
          Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

            I think that would be a great addition to DCA, if they went the Mystic Manor route than traditional Haunted Mansion. I always wondered why a Winchester Myster House attraction has never been mention or even a Haunted Queen Mary attraction.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

              with no san fran area
              where would a haunted house (my haunted mansion is over in DL)
              be placed? Unless you made a haunted back lots ride, I don't see an area.
              Quote by Al:
              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
              -Al Lutz


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

                Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                with no san fran area
                where would a haunted house (my haunted mansion is over in DL)
                be placed? Unless you made a haunted back lots ride, I don't see an area.
                hm.. maybe a haunted log cabin in the grizzly peak area.
                - Adventure Is Waiting -

                "We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

                  Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
                  hm.. maybe a haunted log cabin in the grizzly peak area.
                  that would be cool

                  a cabin weekend that went all wrong
                  Quote by Al:
                  To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                  -Al Lutz


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

                    There's a pad left between Tower of Terror and Carsland.

                    Mystic Point, Ca, amalgamation of Victorian villages of California's North Coast?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

                      Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                      There's a pad left between Tower of Terror and Carsland.

                      Mystic Point, Ca, amalgamation of Victorian villages of California's North Coast?
                      true
                      but it would have to be Hollywood themed
                      cause it couldn't be bug life themed (even though having bugs in your house is scary).
                      TOT is loosely themed Hollywood (the stars went to that hotel and it was admist the hustle and bustle of early Hollywood - 1939)
                      Quote by Al:
                      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                      -Al Lutz


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

                        Living in the Bay Area...I LOVE THIS IDEA!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

                          Originally posted by DCADude View Post
                          I am actually from Eureka, and I must say that the Carson Mansion does have a very creepy side to it. Its owned by a group of old men that are in a club, and nobody really knows what its about. It'd make a perfect addition to DCA. It's very pretty, in a creepy sorta way haha.
                          When I visited Eureka I took pics of Carson Mansion, it was beautiful. This explains why nobody knew what the place was. Maybe Dan Brown can place his next novel there.

                          Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                          that would be cool

                          a cabin weekend that went all wrong
                          Another good idea.

                          Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                          true
                          but it would have to be Hollywood themed
                          cause it couldn't be bug life themed (even though having bugs in your house is scary).
                          TOT is loosely themed Hollywood (the stars went to that hotel and it was admist the hustle and bustle of early Hollywood - 1939)
                          A new area, Mystic Point could transition you from Hollywood Tower Hotel to Carsland.

                          Originally posted by d1mex View Post
                          Living in the Bay Area...I LOVE THIS IDEA!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

                            Anything cool at this point has my thumbs up.


                            Facebook me!
                            Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

                              Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                              A new area, Mystic Point could transition you from Hollywood Tower Hotel to Carsland.

                              But is there enough space to justify the transition having its own area, as opposed to "that little no-land's-land between A and B"?
                              Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

                              Duckland
                              : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X