Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What rides are closing for World of Color?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What rides are closing for World of Color?

Like how certain rides had to close for Remember performances, what rides close for World of Color shows when it opens?

The obvious would be Screamin', but I believe that the Fun Wheel will still run. What about Symphony Swings and Golden Zephyr?...

Re: What rides are closing for World of Color?

idk if they will close much, I thought stuff closed for remember because it was just huge, but I could be wrong.

Comment

I'm sure you'll get a response in the Spring...when it starts.

Comment

Rumors point to California Screamin' and Mickey's Fun Wheel closing for certain (likely due to their proximity to the fountains and water), and some people are saying that Golden Zephyr and Silly Symphony Swings will close too, likely because their proximity to the water as well. I'd count on Screamin' and the Fun Wheel at the very least.

Comment

I'm guessing that any attraction close to the bay would be closed for the show. And as many have said, Screamin', Fun Wheel, Golden Zeypher, and Symphony Swings are the likley rides to be closed for WOC when it debuts next spring.

Midway Mania! would most likley stay open during the show. Hopefully they find a soulution for guest control for PP.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
          The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
          Indy Ride Count: 2211
          World of Color Count: 74

Comment

I would LOVE to be on Screaming with the show on....darn
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Haha. Life half of DCA's rides will be closed then! Haha. Oh well. Just thinking of Guest Control near PP makes me shudder.... 0_o
              sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
              Disney is my life <3
              Thank Walt for all he did! <3
              Future Imagineer <3
              Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Frankly, I doubt they will close any of the rides.
                I want you to know, nobody cares more about your stupid problems than I do!

Comment

What about the proposed mini shows every 20 minutes or so during the day? Surely, rides can't just open and close sporadically all day long.

Comment

I would guess that a mini show will be... smaller. So rides wouldn't have to be shut down for those.

Comment

The show does use fire but since there is no use of pyro (i think) Paradise Pier would likely be open
                      Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

Originally posted by hurricanefreak View Post
                        The show does use fire but since there is no use of pyro (i think) Paradise Pier would likely be open
                        Considering the mist screens, I would think the rides closest to the bay would be closed since guests on those rides would get wet from the sprays depending on the wind direction.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                        The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                        Indy Ride Count: 2211
                        World of Color Count: 74

Comment

If a ride can operate in the rain I don't see how water from a mist screen will shut it down. If NOISES from the ride distract from the show then yes, I could see it being shut down.

Comment

I thought the only reason i thought fantasyland closed for Remember was because the pyro off the castle fell into fantasyland, and toontown just had the huge fireworks right behind it.
                            as for world of color, i really don't see anything closed down. If anything does, i wish Disney best of luck for crowd control.
                            Fighting just to survive but you taught me I can.

Comment

I have to believe that after years of experience with fireworks, Fantasmic, and crowd control issues, they designed World of Color to run without closing rides.
                              Take a look at the location of those projectors in the lagoon. They're out a ways from the Fun Wheel. That's where they'll be projecting from, so logic dictates that the huge water screens will be even farther out into the lagoon... and any pyro would be in front of that, farther still.
                              So, seems to me there shouldn't be any issue with the rides at the back of the lagoon...
                              MiceChat from Main Street.
                              MiceChat goes mobile with the Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, plan your next move with Addictometer wait times and crowd level mapping, see showtimes and set reminders for dining, shows and FastPass, and find anything in the resort — from attractions to sidewalk carts.

Learn more and download free at mouseaddict.com.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X