Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Disneyland Have a Policy on Gay Employees?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Disneyland Have a Policy on Gay Employees?

I was just wonderin do they allow it do they encourage it or do they ignore it all together?
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

Re: Does Disneyland Have a Policy on Gay Employees?

Originally posted by FantasyForever
    I was just wonderin do they allow it do they encourage it or do they ignore it all together?
    Disney is an EOE. A cast member's sexuality is irrelevant to the job.

Comment

The Disney Company is based in California and must abide with CA labor laws. No CA company can discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.

However, the Disney company also has policies on their books which allow the partners of gay employees to obtain health coverage and other perks that straight couples get. When the Southern Baptists boycotted Disney (one of Disney's most profitable years ever) Disney stood up for their policy and continued to support all of their employees.

-Dusty
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage
        However, the Disney company also has policies on their books which allow the partners of gay employees to obtain health coverage and other perks that straight couples get. When the Southern Baptists boycotted Disney (one of Disney's most profitable years ever) Disney stood up for their policy and continued to support all of their employees.

-Dusty
        Thats interesting i didn't know that. Thats good for Disney.
        Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

Comment

As an HR manager, sexuality is not something that even enters my mind when I am interviewing. I am more interested in their past job experience and skills.

Comment

They would be sued big time if they did...(just like any other company)

I'm glad to see that they offer partners benefits.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X