Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was it due to the Haunted Mansion Holiday?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it due to the Haunted Mansion Holiday?

That The Nightmare before Christmas became so popular. The movie came out in 93 and it was just recently (about 2 years) ago that it became really popular easpecially with the punk group. Do you think Haunted mansion influenced this.
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

Re: Was it due to the Haunted Mansion Holiday?

No. It was because it came out on VHS and DVD, and endless showings on TV and cable/satellite that it became popular. It was popular even before HMH was even conceived.

Comment

wasn't it out on VHS in 93 or 94?
      Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

Comment

Yes, it was out on VHS, but a great DVD came out in 2003? I believe for the 10 year anniversary. That's when I got it. This movie was a huge cult classic when I was in high school (96-2000).

Comment

The DVD was released for the 10th anniversary. The prices on original toys are in the ranges of original Star Wars toys and have been for several years. The movie has been very popular for many years as well. It's just been within the last few years it has been realized a lot of money can still be made off of it. That's why you see new merchandise everywhere.
          You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

And a new, similar type movie...With a star "in it".

Comment

No it started before that. Tim Burtton and Elfman fans have always been a cult group but it really started picking up when Hot Topic started doing stuff with the brand.....so blame it on the mall. I think it has always been popular with a small group then it just caught on and HMH came around right around the same time as it took off. Not because of it.

J
              Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

I remember going to see it in theaters when I was five. However, no one else I know saw it until a couple years ago.. because of the ride lol. So it's a bunch of factors that got people into the movie.

Comment

Well the movie certainly had to have a bit of some popularity outside of a cult-hit stature for Disneyland to OK an overlay of the film into one of their most classic attractions. None the less, NBC has been growing increasingly popular and though not the end-all reason, I'm sure HMH is definetly a large factor.
                  Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                  www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
                  If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
                  Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

I'd also like to admit that, while I was a fan from the start of it, my fandom really grew after the ride was put it and the merchandise was pumped out of Disneyland and Hot Topic. It really fueled me to go back to watching the movie alot and now I draw the characters as well. The only difference is, I only watch it in French as I do with most of my Disney movies *shrug*

Comment

I saw the movie when it came out, I've loved it ever since I was small.

Questions, How did Disney get rights to the movie for HMH?

Or waas the movie just presented by Disney in the first place?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X