This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradise Pier Private Party Personal Participation (re)Port

Hey all - haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd catch up with a trip report.

I'm in Anaheim for the Macromedia MAX conference and tonight's special event was a private party in DCA. Rather than keep the whole park open, we had access to the Paradise Pier area - essentially from California Screamin' through Mullholand Madness.

The event was scheduled 8-11pm, and hosted about 3000 attendees and guests. This number of folks actually made the park feel crowded! The pier area was packed - more crowded than most days I can recall. Based on the conversations I overheard, most attendees were first-time guests. We entered/ exited through a maintenance gate in Timon lot, next to first the aid/baby station at fisherman's wharf area. (I never knew those were there!)

I thought of Hakuna Makarla as I rode California Screamin' 4 times (long story involving Screamin' and corn dogs) but we weren't served corn dogs. The red and green trains were running for us, no photos and no theme music. I rode front, back and twice in the middle. I love that ride, and I hadn't been on since last March, I think. Once the line got back to 50% full I decided it was too long! )

I walked down past Maliboomer - "long" line for Maliboomer, no line for Mulholland Madness where I headed next. No line, walked on. Then I decided that I could finally eat. The options: buffet food - chicken breast with bbq sauce, bbq beef sandwiches, corn soup in mini bread bowls, mini fruit tarts and brownies, beer, wine, soda, water. Not bad, and the serving tables were everywhere down the length of the Pier.

The store and arcade games were open, and the wait was about 5 rows deep for each game. I decided to skip those and headed into the shop to get my usual souvineer. I got the current Stitch Holloween pin. I walked back over to Screamin' and the line was still "long" so I headed back the other way again. I thought I'd do Maliboomer if the line was shorter but it wasn't. So I started back out of the park, and I’ll tell you why.

Since it was a private party, they played d.j. music instead of regular theme music - and it changed the atmosphere quite noticeably - it encouraged my to leave early (I'm getting old ). If I hear Usher's Yeah one more time it will be once too many. As I walked out through the dark area of the park, the music followed me - it was playing through the regular sound system. I was looking forward to a quiet stroll through part of the park at night, but it was not to be.

But that aside, it was a great experience, and I'm grateful for Macromedia for setting it up.

Re: Paradise Pier Private Party Personal Participation (re)Port

sounds fun. the food sounds similiar to what they have served at the functions i have been too in Disneyland.

Comment

Thanks for the report, Westley! I always wondered what happens during private parties... guess not much. I must be old too because that music doesn't seem too wonderful to me either
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Glad you had a good time! It's pretty amazing how the atmosphere can be changed so easily, huh? I've been to a special event like that, but it was the United Spirit Association's National Competition Welcome Party....yeah. So, same set up with just having Paradise Pier open, BUT, no buffet food. Instead (which I LOVED), they had the vending cards for soda and ice cream just out there in the open-it was all self serve. They also had carts filled with little bags of popcorn. It was fun smuggling some sodas back to our hotel rooms :evil: . Also, like Wesley mentioned about the club music, there were dancefloors and pretty much all of the kids showed up in clubbing clothes (aka: half naked) and all the girl cheerleaders desperately searched for the male cheerleaders. Yup. So, all in all, it was fun.
        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I thought of Hakuna Makarla as I rode California Screamin' 4 times (long story involving Screamin' and corn dogs) but we weren't served corn dogs. The red and green trains were running for us, no photos and no theme music. I rode front, back and twice in the middle. I love that ride, and I hadn't been on since last March, I think. Once the line got back to 50% full I decided it was too long! )

Funny...that's the same thing I thought of when you you told me you rode Screamin' 4 times! LOL

I got the current Stitch Holloween pin.

I can't wait to see that pin in person. (oh...and YOU too! LOL)

If I hear Usher's Yeah one more time it will be once too many.

Who?

But that aside, it was a great experience, and I'm grateful for Macromedia for setting it up.

Glad you had fun! I missed you, but I'm glad I didn't go on this trip!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X