This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland to close early due to heavy rains

The Disneyland resort will close early tonight (3 hours earlier than planned). Due to heavy rains, the OC Register reported this afternnon.

The artical can be seen here
    UPDATE: Rain prompts Disney parks to close early - Around Disney : The Orange County Register

Re: Disneyland to close early due to heavy rains

I understand that conditions suck today, and that it's out of disneys hands when it comes to weather, but why would they close early? The only reason I can think of is because nobody is in the place and most attractions have to be closed. What about the people who paid for the day? If they go to city hall and complain will/can disney give them a free ticket for having to close eraly?

Comment

Is it due to heavy rains, or due to the fact that hardly anybody wants to go to the parks in heavy rain?

Comment

Both. With a severe storm moving in, the park will be virtually empty. Disney can't justify paying to keep CM's working if there is no one there to work for.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by startours1 View Post
          I understand that conditions suck today, and that it's out of disneys hands when it comes to weather, but why would they close early? The only reason I can think of is because nobody is in the place and most attractions have to be closed. What about the people who paid for the day? If they go to city hall and complain will/can disney give them a free ticket for having to close eraly?

I believe they reach a point at which they begin to lose money at a very quick rate, and at that point, they just need to shut down.

Knotts, seeing the writing on the wall, never opened today, according to the same article.

People from Orlando must think we're the biggest weenies out here. :blush:

Comment

Also, isn't this a thunderstorm system? Lightning would require most, if not all, rides to be shut down.
            Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
            - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
            - me too!

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
              I believe they reach a point at which they begin to lose money at a very quick rate, and at that point, they just need to shut down.

Knotts, seeing the writing on the wall, never opened today, according to the same article.

People from Orlando must think we're the biggest weenies out here. :blush:
              We are. We So Cal people aren't use to water falling from the sky! We don't know how to handle it because it happens so rarely in our lifetimes! :lol:

I'm sure Disney is not happy with the situation either. This could of been a big weekend for them, with the NAMM convention, Martin Luther King Birthday, three day weekend.... and they get rained out and not only have an empty park, but have to close early.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Isn't this storm expected to continue through most of the week? Is it likely that the parks will close early (or not open at all) on other days?

Comment

Originally posted by startours1 View Post
                  I don't believe there's anything that Disney "HAS" to do for its Guests. I believe there is a clause on the tickets/annual passholder agreement that Disney can change hours due to weather and other circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by CinderellaStory View Post
                    Isn't this storm expected to continue through most of the week? Is it likely that the parks will close early (or not open at all) on other days?
                    Well, Disneyland is scheduled to close at 8PM and DCA closes at 6PM. And both open at 10. I don't see both closing earlier than that.

Disney actually is good in operating in weather conditions like this.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                    Indy Ride Count: 2211
                    World of Color Count: 74

Comment

i'm happy you started this thread. my friend is there (at DL hotel) so i forwarded the link to her.
                      if i cant be a good example, let me be a horrible warning

Comment

Originally posted by CinderellaStory View Post
                        Yes for both questions. As bad as this storm seems, there is at least one storm that is expected later this week that is supposed to be even worse.

Just so you al know I was talking to a coworker who lives in Santiago Canyon which is a rural area 20-25 minutes away from Disneyland (in the foothills of the Santa Ana Mountains). They are expecting about 20 inches of rain in that area this week!

So that should give people an idea of the severity of these storms.
                        Last edited by DisneyIPresume; 01-18-2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Obviously Disney can't predict the weather, but how do they update people? If they decide not to open, how would they announce it? Just inform people as they reach the parking structure with signs? Or would they update the calender on their website? When would they do this? How would it be handled?

Comment

this would be the best day to go imo... besides it closing early... then again all my fave rides are indoors anyways haha but 0 crowds and 0 lines sound splendid to me!

Comment

They wouldn't have to close early except the weather Dome is down for rehab.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X