X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] First thing you ever bought yourself from DisneyLand

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5649/dsc04857y.jpg
    First thing i ever bought myself from DisneyLand was this book in 1977, its my pride and joy.
    Last edited by BFG3dfx; 01-20-2010, 03:19 AM.

Re: First thing you ever bought yourself from DisneyLand

I didn't buy this for myself, my dad got it for me when I was younger. But I remember cherishing this. I still do to this day.

A Genie Hand Puppet.

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc. :ap:

Comment

would you count World of Disney as part of the DLR?
      -plagued

Comment

sure : )

Comment

First thing I bought MYSELF?
          was a Jack Skellington Hat.
          The Tall one that was like the mad Hatters Hat only its grey with Jacks head on the front and a bat Ribbon on it.
          The most cherrished thing I bought myself though is a 50th aniversary Golden Ears Hat.
          I am Scary Scott,
          Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
          I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
          Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
          Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
          Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
          Originally posted by Karalora
          This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
          Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
          Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

Well, technically my first Disney gift to myself was a model of the WDW Magic Kingdom Train Station (wish it was DL's soo bad). However from Disneyland the first real purchase of any notable size for myself was a Dr. Jones hat.

Comment

Probably a Randotti glow in the dark skull from Pieces of 8...those things are still awesome.
              when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
                Well, technically my first Disney gift to myself was a model of the WDW Magic Kingdom Train Station (wish it was DL's soo bad).
                Well, with a little (well a LOT) or work, you can get something close:

I'm far from finished--maybe this year.

Oh, and my first purchase was the book shown at the beginning of this thread. I dog-eared it so badly over the years I had to grab another one off the Bay.

Comment

I NEVER buy myself stuff!! I did buy a pair of golden ears and last time I bought the red and black ears. I usually just spend all my money buying stuff for my kids!
                  Yaye!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                    Well, with a little (well a LOT) or work, you can get something close:

I'm far from finished--maybe this year.

Oh, and my first purchase was the book shown at the beginning of this thread. I dog-eared it so badly over the years I had to grab another one off the Bay.

I love trains : ) How much of the park do you plan on doing?

You got the same book for your first item? I love that book, its sorta my treat to get one if i can afford it and there is a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by BFG3dfx View Post
                      I love trains : ) How much of the park do you plan on doing?

You got the same book for your first item? I love that book, its sorta my treat to get one if i can afford it and there is a new one.
                      I'm not really modeling the Park--just using it for inspiration. I am modeling a turn-of-the-century midwestern town, but more realistially than Disney (I'll be using dirt streets, for instance). But I am modeling some recognized structures. You can see my firehouse in one of the photos above, along with a modified Market House. City Hall is also being modeled closely.

Comment

My first trip was when I was 13 and I had my silouette done on Mainstreet and was proud of myself to have paid for it with my own money. Parents bought me some silly looking Peter Pan type hat with a 3 foot ostridge feather on the back. I looked ridiculous. I still have the photo.

We had our silouettes done a 2nd time last year and after talking with the woman who was in her 70's, she wondered if itw as possibly her that did it. That would have been cool if she was.

Comment

That's pretty cool Steve!
                          Yaye!

Comment

A wall-sized fold-out park map in 1959. I wish it survived my childhood...

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Uh. Probably a Pickle.

But then i think i bought a keychain because i have a keychain collection.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X