This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What should replace Princess Fantasy Faire

I think that PFF is a waste of space. I think it should be replaced by some more great dark rides. One idea that I have is that it is replaced by a trackless Beauty and the Beast ride. It would also have the Be our Guest restaurant and the Belle Meet and Greet from WDW. So what do you guys think? Do you have any other ideas for that space?

Re: What should replace Princess Fantasy Faire

I was thinking similarly, add a BATB dark ride, and a hunchback ride in the same building (like how Alice, MR. Toad, and Peter Pan are on the same builing, with a french facade, as well as the restaurant, but the meet and greet would be minus the story part, it would be like the character homes in ToonTown
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Comment

I like the meet and greet for the princess, but what is that theater area used for? It just seemed like nothing was going on there? If they are going to have it not be used, why not figure out how to incorporate in and be useful in some way.
      Yaye!

Comment

My idea would be a small London-themed land with a custom-built Mary Poppins Theater, that looks like the house in Mary Poppins, with a live 45-minute Mary Poppins Suite, and the same theater could also be used for a live Peter Pan show because that is also set in London. There would be a themed tea house snack bar and gift shop too. Beauty and the Beast also deserves a permanent attraction, though it is set in France, and possibly they could use the old Skyway station in Fantasyland at least as the entry point for it, with the main show building to the north of the railroad tracks. I guess it would depend on which attraction could be mainly outside the berm and that would depend on the type of attraction and its design. I really want them to do a permanent Mary Poppins attraction and area.

Comment

Well considering that Princess Fantasy Fair is in Fantasyland theater, and that Disneyland currently has no other theaters, it might, just maybe, be good to add a theater show there. But then again, what do I know?

Comment

^ you might want to check out my ideas that I posted in another thread:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...rite-land.html posts # 2, 10, 14, and 23 show most of my ideas
            Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
            July 13th-18th
            November 19th-25th

Comment

Bob Weaver, I think your idea is decent, but a stage show is not meant to last forever. So what happens after those 4-6 years after the show gets old and needs to be replaced. Then we would need to totally remove the facade and it would be a crazy fiasco. The best thing would be to make a general Fantasyland theater, that way it would fit in and could run different shows without needing major changes over time.

Comment

what happened to the show that was going on ( i think it was a mini show or something)

they ought to turn into something that can be popular with new and old fans of disney
                My Art site
                http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
                  ^ you might want to check out my ideas that I posted in another thread:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...rite-land.html posts # 2, 10, 14, and 23 show most of my ideas
                  Do your ideas even mention a theater? That just seems like a plug to get people to read your post....

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
                    My idea would be a small London-themed land with a custom-built Mary Poppins Theater, that looks like the house in Mary Poppins, with a live 45-minute Mary Poppins Suite, and the same theater could also be used for a live Peter Pan show because that is also set in London. There would be a themed tea house snack bar and gift shop too. Beauty and the Beast also deserves a permanent attraction, though it is set in France, and possibly they could use the old Skyway station in Fantasyland at least as the entry point for it, with the main show building to the north of the railroad tracks. I guess it would depend on which attraction could be mainly outside the berm and that would depend on the type of attraction and its design. I really want them to do a permanent Mary Poppins attraction and area.
                    I approve! But, tangential to what Ice said, if you want MP to have something permanent, you might aim for a ride instead.

I'd really like to see Paris built beyond the berm adjacent to Fantasyland--you could have Beauty & The Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Cinderella, and Ratatouille all represented.
                    My Armchair Imagineering threads:

Collaborations:

Comment

A dark ride tied together with the Rapunzel movie coming out later this year

or a marvel themed musical!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanvalle View Post
                        A dark ride tied together with the Rapunzel movie coming out later this year
                        Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Comment

I've thinking thinking the Fantasyland Theater needs to be torn down for such a long time. Especially with the much better Hyperion across the esplanade. They should connect it with the FOF area/Circle D Ranch and use that for a new land and ride.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                            Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
                            Sleeping Beauty's Castle was built years before the movie came out and has become an iconic figure for the park. The "risk" was taken based on the expected popularity and success of the movie. If Disney expects Rapunzel to succeed (and they should if they decided to spend so much time and money to produce it), then why not take it into consideration?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanvalle View Post
                              Sleeping Beauty's Castle was built years before the movie came out and has become an iconic figure for the park. The "risk" was taken based on the expected popularity and success of the movie. If Disney expects Rapunzel to succeed (and they should if they decided to spend so much time and money to produce it), then why not take it into consideration?
                              Yes, but look at the previous Movies Disney had before that. What is the current track record? Bolt, the Wild, Meet the Robinsons, even PatF aren't nearly as good as Walt Disney's track record back then.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X