Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hate Carsland - Alternative Ideas: Death Valley, Toontown or Expanded Hollywoodland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Hate Carsland - Alternative Ideas: Death Valley, Toontown or Expanded Hollywoodland

I still cannot stomach the idea of Carsland. What does Carsland have to do with the theme of California? Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish Disney would have created an area called Death Valley. The legends and wildlife of the area provide a wealth of material to create some neat attractions.
    http://www.legendsofamerica.com/CA-Ballarat.html and http://www.nps.gov/deva/historyculture/the-lost-49ers.htm and http://www.nps.gov/deva/historyculture/death-valley-ghost-towns.htm
    Parts of the ride would be above ground through the deserted town and parts would be through haunted underground mining tunnels.
    2. Spinning Barrels
    3. Origins of Death Valleyhttp://digital-desert.com/death-valley-history/lake-mojave.html
    4. Death Valley Expedition: Think of the Jungle Cruise set in the desert. A tour guide takes a group on as jeep tour to see nature and wildlife. Reference: http://www.nps.gov/deva/naturescience/animals.htm
    5. Death Valley Legendshttp://mojavedesert.net/shoshoni-indians/indian-myths.html
    Here is what I posted on another thread:
    I have made this point on other threads, but I will do it again here. I wish Disney would have moved Toontown to DCA where It's a Bug's Land, the new Carsland and the Wharf area are located. Since DCA is focusing on the time period when Walt came to California - it would make sense for the toon characters to live there. Plus, placing Toontown in DCA would give the park some of that Disney charm which is lacking.

Attractions based on the movie Cars could have been included under the premise that the characters are really actors.

I would have several sections of Toontown:

ToonTown Gardens (This will have a Victorian and more serene feel)
    1. Mary Poppins Umbrella Flight - a ride similar to Dumbo

2. The Adventures of Mary Poppins - an E-Ticket ride featuring the great songs from the movie

3. Silly Symphony Cruise - a ride similar to It's a Small World featuring scenes and songs from the classic shorts

4. Garden Gazebo - a performance space for local groups similar to the Carnation Plaza site on Main Street.

Mickeyville
    The current Toontown would move to this area plus there would be some other attractions:

1. Baby Herman's Runaway Buggy

2. Duck Tales Dark Ride

3. Houses for other characters with Meet and Greets - Pete, Clarabell, Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Dewey and Louie etc...

Toonopolis (This would be the commercial part of town)
    This would include all the proposed Car attractions. And, I would move Soaring to here (cost permitting) and have it serve as the Toontown Airport. The film could change every few years as Mickey takes a new vacation.

The area would also include:

1. Toontown Trolley - Motion Simulator ride

2. Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers - The facade would be a really neat police station and jail

3. Goofy's Fireworks Factory - Guests would shoot at skyrockets and fireworks

4. Mickey Mouse Revue - show set in a theater - an update of the old attraction that I think was at WDW

5. Mickey's Cinema - show classic shorts on a set schedule - would change monthly

6. Adventures of the Three Caballeros - an enhanced version of the Epcot ride

With Toontown moved to DCA, then Disney could expand Fantasyland (and get rid of the Fantasyland Theater) to include some new attractions such as:

1. Belle's Adventures - This could be a great E-Ticket ride

2. Fantasia Gardens - Boat ride featuring the mythical creatures from the movie

3. Old Mill - Like the one with in Paris but with more capacity - maybe double it like the new Dumbo in WDW

4. Sword in the Stone - Dark ride

Some folks on the message boards state that we should be happy that Disney is spending $1 Billion to fix DCA.

But is the money well spent? I could spend a $1,000 to paint my house - but if I paint it black would I be able to sell my house? Hey, I spent a lot of to money on the paint job so it must be a quality job, right?

I realize my proposal is elaborate but if Disney would have moved Toontown in some form to DCA this would have breathed new life into the park, and left room to add more attractions to Fantasyland.

Now the executives are trying to add more attractions to Disneyland to increase the number of rides/attractions used by a single guest in one day. Again, had Disney moved Toontown - this aforementioned problem would never have become a problem.
    End of old thread.
    Another idea: Instead of Carsland, expand Hollywood Land to include proposed but never built attractions and clones from WDW:
    1. The Great Muppet Movie Ride
    3. Extreme Stunt Show
    4. Backlot Tour
    5. The Great Movie Ride
    6. Gran Fiesta Tour
    I realize all of this is not possible together, but they are some ideas that I think would be better for DCA than Carsland and the current slate of other lackluster attractions.
    Last edited by elitepetite; 01-27-2010, 06:39 PM. Reason: Typo

Re: Hate Carsland - Altnerative Ideas: Death Valley, Toontown or Expanded Hollywoodla

Well, while talking vechiles don't fit with California. The place it's set in is near historic Route 66 which ends in California.

The idea of Carsland is to somewhat, represent the times when people would drive through the Mojave Desert in California thorugh 66.

Not sure if thats the case but it's my theory.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Re: Hate Carsland - Altnerative Ideas: Death Valley, Toontown or Expanded Hollywoodla

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
      Well, while talking vechiles don't fit with California. The place it's set in is near historic Route 66 which ends in California.

The idea of Carsland is to somewhat, represent the times when people would drive through the Mojave Desert in California thorugh 66.

My theory is that they went into this with money signs in their eyes, knowing Cars merchandise would sell great in this land.

Money clouds people's abilities to fully focus on a greater picture.

Comment

I believe Radiator Springs is set in either New Mexico or Arizona - not California.

Comment

I'm sure that's why they are building a 1:1 exact replica of a fictitious town in Arizona.

Ain't nothin better than celebrating California's long historic car culture Disney Style.

Comment

Originally posted by elitepetite View Post
            I believe Radiator Springs is set in either New Mexico or Arizona - not California.
            Well, while Radiator Springs itself is in the area between New Mexico and Arizona, the final race did take place in California.

The movie appeared to revive intrest in Route 66 because Radiator Springs is a mash up of various places on the route. Ok, that kind of made sense but it didn't at the same time.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
            The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
            Indy Ride Count: 2211
            World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Well, while Radiator Springs itself is in the area between New Mexico and Arizona, the final race did take place in California.

The movie appeared to revive intrest in Route 66 because Radiator Springs is a mash up of various places on the route. Ok, that kind of made sense but it didn't at the same time.
              I'm sure if the Radiator Springs Racers was based on the final race in the movie, then thematically it MIGHT work. But.......

Comment

Re: Hate Carsland - Alternative Ideas: Death Valley, Toontown or Expanded Hollywoodla

Im O.K with Carsland...as a land(but just 1 movie currently and everything is tied to open with sequel in2012)Im not O.k with the preschool like name,i under stand the argument of theme and what does it have to do with california blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda yakity smakcity. thats my only beef just a simple name change to Radiator Springs will be fine and make lots of people happy
                "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Re: Hate Carsland - Alternative Ideas: Death Valley, Toontown or Expanded Hollywoodla

Wow.
                  Once again, nothing but negative comments over an idea that has only recently broke ground. I don't understand it. I realize DCA is tainted by Michael Eisner's obvious lack of attention to detail, but we're no longer in the Eisner Era. Why not trust in the Lasseter Era? Or, at least, give it a fair chance?

Comment

Why don't we wait until the place is built before we trash it? I think the fact that there are so many people that have a negative view on DCA as a whole, has permanently tainted said view on any and all improvements of the park.

It's too bad we all can't be Imagineers, right?
                    Katie :yea:
                    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by elitepetite View Post
                      What does Carsland have to do with the theme of California? Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Are you kidding? Everyday I sit on the freeway I feel like I am in Carsland.
                      "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Although I agree 100% that the thematic connection is going to be tenuous at best...other than that, I think only the most critical or automobilophobic theme park fans are going to be able to actually hate this land once it opens. I'll be annoyed with the placement in California Adventure, and I'll be a little concerned with the idea of devoting a whole land just to one franchise, but ultimately, it's going to be a vast, beautiful, immersive place with one insanely amazing E-ticket and a few other fun pastimes.

Bottom line, based on what I know, I think it'll be a lot harder to hate once we've experienced it. But I could be wrong.

Comment

Hate is such a strong word. You hate something that is still two years away from opening?!

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                          I'll be annoyed with the placement in California Adventure, and I'll be a little concerned with the idea of devoting a whole land just to one franchise, but ultimately, it's going to be a vast, beautiful, immersive place with one insanely amazing E-ticket and a few other fun pastimes.
                          exactly!
                          - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

[QUOTE=nonob88;1055795178]Hate is such a strong word. You hate something that is still two years away from opening?!

QUOTE]
                            Yes.

Just because Disney is adding one or two E-Tickets - this does not solve the whole thematic mess of DCA.

Currently, when my family and I visit the Resort - we spend very little time at DCA because it is so sub-standard. We only visit DCA when Disneyland is crowded. And when we go there we ride (what we think are the best E-Tickets) - Tower, Mania and River Run and then WE LEAVE.

Maybe instead of staying there for an hour or two, we will stay maybe for 4 hours when Carsland and Mermaid opens. Four hours doesn't make a full-day park. Frankly, I would rather hang out at the pool at the Grand Californian or the DLH.

When I travel several hours by plane, I don't want to waste my vacation time on sub-quality stuff.

Didn't Disney have the goal of making Disneyland more of a destination vacation for out-of-towners?

I guess a cheap Six Flagsesque park for the locals who pay pennies a day for a pass are the target audience, and don't mind the lack of quality upgrades because they get great access to the rides and attractions. I suppose Disney is happy with the latest stat showing attendance is up, but revenue is down. (No offense meant to passholders.)

I hate the whole concept of Carsland because it represents everything that is wrong with how management is running the Resort.

Management views the Resort as a vehicle to hawk merchandise, hence, all the movie-tie-in attractions such as Bugs, Nemo, and Cars instead of true immersive experiences that complement the existing park structures and overall themes.

I have seen so many ideas from fellow posters that are far superior to the management's plans for improving DCA. When I was a child there was no Tiki Room movie, Pirates movie, Haunted Mansion Movie, but I still wanted to go to Disney. And my parents took me, and we spent a lot of money!I don't spend money when I am sunbathing at the pool. I spend money when I am in the parks.

Still after about 10 years of DCA, management is missing the boat on figuring out how to get people to stay in that park and spend money.

Note, I find it interesting that folks are only focusing it seems on the Carsland portion of my original thread and not discussing any of the other ideas I presented.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneykat View Post
                              Why don't we wait until the place is built before we trash it? I think the fact that there are so many people that have a negative view on DCA as a whole, has permanently tainted said view on any and all improvements of the park.

It's too bad we all can't be Imagineers, right?
                              stop it, Disneykat - you're being too reasonable!

as for elitepetite, I'm glad you're not in charge of the parks!
                              - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X