This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Hollywoodland's E-Ticket Attraction

Background- You are an honorary policeman/policewoman for the LAPD. You ride in a police vehicle chasing a prop villain car. OR You are a notorious villain who is being chased by the police in your car. The ride is actually like Indiana Jones (on smaller scale), but less bumpy and instead is slightly faster. The ride has numerous splits in the track to allow various different variations to the experience.
    Location Entrance/Queue Building Gangster Entrance/Queue Building-For the villainous queue, you enter off to the side of the other building. You enter a secret hideout composed of various boxes. This entrance would have dimmed lights to give it more of an evil sort of feel.
    Indoor Queue- You start off by walking up the front stairs and taking the door to your right. You then see the reception desk with what seems to be a secretary for the police. This AA would go along with her job, answering phones, writing, and shuffling papers. You then move into the dispatch room. Here you see the chief/lieutenant of the police. He has a short slide projector presentation where he fills you in on who you are chasing, what you are riding in, safety information, etc. A CM then files people into 2 lines. Both lines lead into the locker room. Here, guests see a few rows of lockers, some of which are open revealing various items of the time period, newspapers, radios, pens and paper, deodorant, cans of food, etc. Opposite of the lockers would multiple showers. Actual water would come out of some of the shower heads. The showers would have glass shower doors with clothes and uniforms slung over them. After the locker room, guests enter the break room. The break room would essentially look like a cafeteria (long tables with benches). On the table would be food on a tray and such. The room would also feature some common smells such as, coffee, a pie of some sort, etc. The lines then go into the jail room. Here you walk past jail cells, some of which are inhabited by AA inmates. You then round the corner and head outside.

Gangster Queue Outdoor Queue- Outside, guests follow essentially the same path you take on Indiana Jones while loading. However, instead of walking up through a temple, you are on catwalks and guard towers.
    Ride Vehicles Attraction Itself- Once aboard your vehicle, you drive toward a fake cityscape and enter the show building through a tunnel. When about to exit the tunnel, the villain car appears in front of you. Your car lurches forward and follows it. You turn left then right and right again at the next two intersections (which are designed after generic LA). You now wind your way through some traffic. A gun pops out of the prop car and shoots a few times in your direction. You turn right and drive past a red-carpet ceremony. Photographers take pictures, which will actually be your on-ride photo. The track then splits to three, and depending on the ride-operating computer, you can go any way. You follow the car past some famous Hollywood landmarks. The tracks then come back into one. You then follow the car over train tracks where a train (the same kind as in Mr. Toad) nearly collides with you. The track will split again, but this time it is themed to famous LA, not Hollywood. After the tracks join together again, you enter the Mullholland section. The track winds on what appears to be hilltops and where below, the ocean gurgles softly. After that, you accelerate quickly to give a little more excitement. You then split tracks again and this time it is also LA. You turn left, go forward and then you box the villain car into a small alleyway. You come to a screeching halt. The chief congratulates you over the radio, and then you exit through another tunnel back to the station.

Exit- The exit will be like on Indiana Jones, but once again it is on catwalks and guard towers. You then enter the main building again. You enter the equipment room (various police equipment line the walls) where your on-ride photo is displayed. Opposite of the photos, there is the counter where you may buy your photo. You then move on to the main store. Here you will find strictly police items. For example, police hats, clothes, items of Sheriff from Cars, customized police badges, etc. After the store you walk out at the main entrance of the building, but his time out the left door.
    Gangster Exit Other/Miscellaneous

Re: Hollywoodland's E-Ticket Attraction

I like the ride itself, I just don't think that it fits in very well with Hollywoodland. But maybe they could make a variation of it in some other park.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyManiac View Post
      I like the ride itself, I just don't think that it fits in very well with Hollywoodland. But maybe they could make a variation of it in some other park.
      That's why I tried to have the chase part of the ride itself in the greater LA/Hollywood area. But yes I can see Disney trying to fit it and implement it into more than one park.

Comment

Does Pirates or HM really fit in New Orleans??? This sounds like a great idea and very different with a cool story. Wish Disney made rides like these.
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyManiac View Post
          I'm gonna have to disagree I think that a police chase through Hollywood would perfectyl fit hollywoodland. (correct me if I'm wrong I may have missed something).

I really like the idea especially having guests in both cars! I was working on a car chase ride but this completely blows mine out of the water. One thing I might add if you please, is to maybe have the gangster scene be rougher and more intense and the police side be more family friendly (thrill wise not subject matter) kind of like in the battle star galactica coaster in uni Singapore.

The only criticism I have is that the ride system may be a little too similar to RSR but then again all Fantasyland rides are the same so it would most likely be fine.

And another suggestion is that maybe the showbuilding could go into the unused portion of the timon lot and the entrance could be where the queue for the Hyperion is now.

Finally I think that maybe a more interesting art deco building could be used that's more unique to Hollywood.

All in all brilliant job
          Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
          Grizzly Peak Mining District

Comment

Originally posted by MistaDee View Post
            I'm gonna have to disagree I think that a police chase through Hollywood would perfectyl fit hollywoodland. (correct me if I'm wrong I may have missed something).
            You got it right.

I originally wanted to have guests to only ride in police cars, but then opted to be more exotic and unique by having guests "choose their path." And yes, although I didn't state it directly, I kinda left it implied that the gangster side is rough, tough, dark, and mysterious, but left the police be, happier and heroic-ish.

Thanks guys for the comments and keep them coming!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
              Does Pirates or HM really fit in New Orleans???
              Yes they do.

Comment

^
                Yeah well, sorta. I guess every attraction has its own place, just some have a more visible tie-in to the land than others.

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun. VERY well-themed queues! I especially like that you've provided a lot of detail that comes together instantly on sight, instead of backstory that would need to be explained.

My main critique would be that I'm less fond of the idea of going through so many Hollywood landmarks...I would stick to one or two for place-setting, at the most. I think the grittiness is what's most appealing here.

The red-carpet thing seems kind of contrived to me...if you could think of another way to get the picture taken it might be more thematically appropriate.

A random thought...just to throw this out there: what if the precipitating act of the whole chase was a jewel heist? That way the crime would have just taken place in elegant old-Hollywood, and then you'd have a reason to be in both landmarks and the underworld.

I guess a prop car would be practical, but...the attraction would be so much more special to me if the police route and the gangster route interacted. Maybe the gangsters could have more sharp turns and detours while escaping (and if you could have their vehicles simulate driving up onto the curb & skidding, that would be fun!), while the police generally tend to stay on the road. So, you don't always follow a car, but you dart past each other periodically.

And, MistaDee, having this behind ToT is a FANTASTIC idea!! Just think--the hotel is wrecked & the area around it is abandoned, so the criminal elements are taking over...
                  My Armchair Imagineering threads:

Collaborations:

Comment

Sorry delayed double post of doom.

Oh well might say something.... Pritt I was wondering what you thought about the similarity to RRR and the new location and architecture.

AGD, thanks! Maybe the gangster entrance could be in the shady side of the alleyways near the new GMR? Then the police station could go on the nasty undecorated side of the animation building or maybe the outdoor "lobby" still.
                    Last edited by MistaDee; 01-31-2010, 09:11 PM.
                    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
                    Grizzly Peak Mining District

Comment

MistaDee, wouldn't you have to walk all the way around/behind the Hyperion for that to work?

Might be easier to move that little underworld street vignette over to behind ToT...some shops, a snack stand, etc. There's no law that says all the winding streets need to be in one place! :judge:

I wouldn't worry about it being too similar to RSR...that's like worrying Space Mountain and the Matterhorn are too much alike because they both have similar ride vehicles & mechanism. Put another way, I think the difference in overlays here is quite sufficient for individuality.

Collaborations:

Comment

i had similar idea, use the Indiana Jones concept. except a ride through the Hollywood back lot gone a rye. all of the horror movie monsters come to life and start to terrorize hollywoodland. now you have to escape the backlot alive
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MostExalted View Post
                          i had similar idea, use the Indiana Jones concept. except a ride through the Hollywood back lot gone a rye. all of the horror movie monsters come to life and start to terrorize hollywoodland. now you have to escape the backlot alive
                          I think the gangster concept would be a lot more elegant, fitting to the land, and would have a more accessible story. Also, with the current DCA I've had quite enough of the "backlot" idea--presenting an immersive old Hollywood seems more magical than a backlot.

Collaborations:

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                            Does Pirates or HM really fit in New Orleans??? This sounds like a great idea and very different with a cool story. Wish Disney made rides like these.
                            Just to note, POTC and HM actually fit very well into NOS.

Pirates is themed as a Louisiana Bayou, and Haunted Mansion a southern plantation home.

And AWESOME ride idea by the way.

Comment

I've definitely had some similar ideas and I really love the idea of chosing your path, that's definitely awesome and the best part of your idea imo.
                              The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                              -Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X