Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] World of Color Opening (merged threads)

Does anyone have a specific date for the WOC show opening? I know it's Spring this year. I want to plan a vacation when it opens, and need to know.

Thanks!

Re: World of Color Opening

A date hasn't been announced yet. Expect one soon.

Comment

No, no one knows the exact opening date.

Comment

Okay, Thanks!

Comment

"Darkbeer" David Michael said this in his In The Parks column a few weeks ago:

World of Color premiere is delayed once again

While Disney hasn't stated an official date for the start of the new show, the un-official date has been moved multiple times. The original start date was mid-March back when construction started in earnest, but got moved back to late April as the construction went forward, and issues caused delays. This week, they moved back the date again, with an April 29th or 30th Media event, and hopefully a May 1st opening to the public. But with over 8 inches of rain being scheduled for next week for Southern California, there is a possibility of more delays. One schedule is for Memorial Day weekend. And for those folks looking for soft openings, more than likely that will not happen, except for Cast Members and their families, as some folks at Disney still remember the "Light Tragic" fiasco's.
          That's the best to-date summary that I'm aware of for the World of Color opening.

Comment

Yeah, late April or early May.

Comment

Or now, maybe MID-May, it really depends on the weather and how testing goes... WAY too early to give a "final" date.
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
                A date hasn't been announced yet. Expect one soon.
                Really? With Disneyland's track record of meeting deadlines, I doubt an official launch date won't come until it gets increasingly closer to when we thought it would open.

The DCA parade route and back section of Paradise park was supposed to be finished Dec. 18th... it still isn't even done is it?

Comment

What's The Lowdown On The World Of Color Soft Opening?

Hello everyone this is my first post, I'm an annual passholder that is going to be in D-land on March 30th - April 2nd.

From what I've read is that the grand opening for World of Color will be in late April, however I've also read that there will be soft openings or preview shows from late March through to the grand opening.

Can anyone confirm this and is there anything that I can do to better ensure that I get a chance at catching one of these preview shows?

sigpic

Comment

Re: What's The Lowdown On The World Of Color Soft Opening?

There has been no confirmation or any official word from Disney, aside from a "Late Spring" opening projection.
                    Any specific times have been postulated by online rumors.

As of right now, I'm not even sure Disney knows the opening date.

Comment

First, welcome to MiceChat! You'll like it here, despite the continuous arguing over petty stuff. :P
                      I think right now, the show's going to be late April. I'm not totally sure, and right now, it's one of those things that's definitely a "play by ear" kind of thing. All we know for sure is a Spring opening, but when specifically, not sure. I've got some friends who could try to get more info, so I'll ask around, and see what I can dig up.

Comment

Re: World of Color Opening (merged threads)

I'm putting my money on August right now... :lol:

After the dragonless summer, I'm guessing for a WOC-less summer too.

(And no, I have no proof of this...just me having fun)

Comment

Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
                          First, welcome to MiceChat! You'll like it here, despite the continuous arguing over petty stuff. :P
                          I think right now, the show's going to be late April. I'm not totally sure, and right now, it's one of those things that's definitely a "play by ear" kind of thing. All we know for sure is a Spring opening, but when specifically, not sure. I've got some friends who could try to get more info, so I'll ask around, and see what I can dig up.
                          Thanks for the info Jake :ap:

Its so wonderful to have my Birthday on April, 25th. What a wonderful present of seeing World of Color for a birthday present.... I hope! Even if it opens on the 29th

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

Oh boy...I may be heading down in late June/early July. WoC had better be open or I might cry. :lol:

...and just a little bit of pixie dust!
                            http://www.spareoom.net

Comment

Cool thanks for the info

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X