Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will become of the Actors from Aladdin?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What will become of the Actors from Aladdin?

I was just wondering, I have seen the aladdin show many times, and for the most part the actors always stay the same, what will become of them after it closes? Will they transplant to Toy Story? Are they considered cast members? I will miss the Genie the most. What about you?

Re: What will become of the Actors from Aladdin?

I will miss Jafar and the Genie. I met the actor who plays Jafar at the Nokia Club Theatre, he was playing the King of Cartoons in the Pee-Wee Herman Show. He was very nice. Met him backstage and told him he looked good up close but looked better from Jafar.. he loved that! )

I'll also miss the lady in the wheelchair (part of the ensemble). She has an amazing voice!
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

When is the show actually ending?

Comment

Yes, Jafar is great, I really dont know he or the rest of the cast doesn't crack up during the genies act.

Comment

i'm certain that Jafar will now be playing Andy in Toy Story.. it's pretty much the same character. i always got Jafar and Andy confused.

:X
          -plagued

Comment

Just like any other entertainment project that ends so will all the actors’ employment. I'm sure Disney will give them first dibs on auditioning for the Toy Story musical. Just like on TV if your character gets killed off a show you is out of a job, I always feel bad when that happens. But it's the business of entertainment, sink or swim.

Comment

The show will close on August 15, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Bondoman006 View Post
                I'm sure Disney will give them first dibs on auditioning for the Toy Story musical.
                2 things:

1) this is not always true. They can audition, but there is no "1st dibs"

and

b) to me, it looks like there could only be 4 live (mic-ed) parts in Toy Story: Buzz, Woody, Andy, and Sid, and maybe Andy's mom, which would make it 5. the rest of the characters are "fur", and would not be mic-ed, which means they aren't elegible for equity pay, which most of the cast of Aladdin was.
                The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

Comment

The cast of Aladdin is a lot bigger than most people think. Each major character is played by at least four people. And if you look carefully you can often see actors who sometimes play the leads playing non-lead roles. It's not unusual to see a show with a couple of Aladdins, a Jasmine, and a Carpet playing non-lead roles while other actors play the leads. They'll presumably do the same thing with the Toy Story show.
                  Last edited by Macro; 02-22-2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshnyah View Post
                    The show will close on August 15, 2010
                    This is the closest I have come to actually cussing on Mice Chat. Unbelievable... I just reserved our hotel last week for August 21-29. I only saw Aladdin once and really enjoyed it. Had no idea it would be the ONLY time I'd ever get to see it. Kind of an odd date to end it. You'd think they'd wait until summer was over. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed they extend it for a week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by BrodyDanger View Post
                      This is the closest I have come to actually cussing on Mice Chat. Unbelievable... I just reserved our hotel last week for August 21-29. I only saw Aladdin once and really enjoyed it. Had no idea it would be the ONLY time I'd ever get to see it. Kind of an odd date to end it. You'd think they'd wait until summer was over. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed they extend it for a week or two.
                      ack. sorry to hear!!

and i'm sure this isn't going to help, but Disneyland's been really good as far as closing dates go.. opening dates? now that's another story.
                      -plagued

Comment

Originally posted by plagued View Post
                        ack. sorry to hear!!

and i'm sure this isn't going to help, but Disneyland's been really good as far as closing dates go.. opening dates? now that's another story.
                        Ugh... I was afraid someone was going to say that. What a bummer. Well... at least I did get to see it once.

Comment

Ready for something new(er)

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                            Ready for something new(er)
                            I like new, but new Pixar is an exception.

Comment

How is Pixar worse or any different from Disney, though? TS won't make a good musical, but why do people hate pixar. There's just as much normal Disney in the parks, which isnt always better (High school musical anyone?)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X