Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official Disneyland blog can't even get its own history correct!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] The official Disneyland blog can't even get its own history correct!

From their post yesterday about the Sherman Brothers... note the glaring error in the post...

We’ve all heard it and we’ve all sung it and that’s what makes “it’s a small world” one of the most translated and performed songs on earth. Richard and Robert Sherman are the talented brothers who wrote the famous tune that you can’t get out of your head. You’ve probably also heard their other wonderful pieces of work throughout Disneyland park – past and present: Enchanted Tiki Room, Carousel of Progress, Adventures Through Space, as well as a long list of Disney motion-picture musical scores that includes “Mary Poppins,” “The Jungle Book,” “Bedknobs and Broomsticks,” “The Aristocats” and “Winnie the Pooh.” Next week the Sherman Brothers will be given one of the most prestigious honors that a Disney cast member can receive, a window on Main Street U.S.A. at Disneyland park. In the attached video, enjoy a look back at these talented brothers singing with Walt Disney himself.
    Adventures Through Space? The Mighty Eye would be rolling in its grave, if only it were around to see this.

Re: The official Disneyland blog can't even get its own history correct!

nice eye! i wouldn't have caught that, actually i had to read it twice to finally spot it
    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

MiceChatters to the rescue! Good Job!
      Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

"Miracles from Molecules" is the opening and closing theme song of Adventure thru Space.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to ride the Jack Sparrow thingie, and then go climb the Swiss Tarzan Tree.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 03-04-2010, 11:32 PM.
        "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
          "Miracles from Molecules" is the opening and closing theme song of Adventure thru Space.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to ride the Jack Sparrow thingie, and then go climb the Swiss Tarzan Tree.

You are so right! I had no idea. Thank you.
          Sherman Brothers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can listen to it here:
          http://vintagedisneylandtickets.blog...s-from_23.html
          Last edited by Fantasmico!; 03-04-2010, 11:55 PM.
          Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

http://lolblog.co.uk/wp-content/uplo...o-facepalm.jpg
            Last edited by NeverNeverland; 03-06-2010, 11:22 AM. Reason: hotlinked picture removed
            California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

Comment

They also think there's a train called the Ernest S. March and the official Disneyland site still doesn't even acknowledge that a 5th train has been added--even after 5 years!

Comment

I'm suprised to see this, Disneyland got it's history tangled up? Kinda like the foreign park maps in DCA that still have Midway mania as "coming this summer", or the Sun Wheel still on the map instead of Mickeys Fun Wheel

Comment

Not only did they get the name wrong, it changes the meaning of the attraction's name.

Comment

You know... I'm just really not seeing this as being a big deal. Nitpicky at best. Sorry.

Comment

It's just ironic, that an official Disneyland media outlet would mangle the name of a Disneyland attraction. Here they are honoring the greatest composing team in Disney history, while at the same time carelessly dishonoring a piece of Disney history connected to that very team they are honoring. I'm just hoping they don't put a plaque somewhere with that mistake on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrodyDanger View Post
                        You know... I'm just really not seeing this as being a big deal. Nitpicky at best. Sorry.
                        But "nitpicky" is what we do best here at Micechat!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                          "Miracles from Molecules" is the opening and closing theme song of Adventure thru INNER Space.
                          Quote Corrected.

Comment

That's more of a typo than an actual misunderstanding of fact. You all are making way too big a deal of this.

Comment

If it were a typo on a Disney fan site, even this one, it would probably pass unmentioned or even unnoticed. But it's from an official Disney media outlet, and that makes a difference, in my opinion.

Actually, I don't think "Miracles from Molecules" was heard at the beginning of ATIS. You heard it as ambient background music in the building as you were disembarking from the Omnimover system into the hall of Monsanto exhibits, before going either outside or into The Character Shop. But I do not recall ever hearing it at the beginning of the attraction, or while you were on the Omnimover itself. The beginning part had more of a sci-fi type soundtrack, reminiscent of The Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits. On the Carousel of Progress, "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" (also a Sherman brothers composition) was heard repeatedly during the attraction, as the theater rotated from each show scene to the next. But on ATIS, "Miracles from Molecules" was heard only at the end, as I recall. If someone knows better, please correct me but I'm 99% sure.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X