This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Splash Mountain construction photos

In another thread with slides from 86-87, several MiceChatters were excited to see construction photos of Splash Mountain. So I thought I'd repost (from a few years ago) my construction photos.

Here are a couple small sample shots from my Flickr stream of construction photos.

Re: Splash Mountain construction photos

Still haven't uploaded that last set, eh? ) I kid, though - as I've said before, thank you so much for taking and posting these. They were enormously helpful while I was building my CG model of Splash Mountain, and I'm sure they will be again when I get back to that project. Not to mention...they're just plain cool!

Comment

Cool pics. Its amazing to see how these rides started out.
      Thanks for the pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
        Still haven't uploaded that last set, eh? ) I kid, though - as I've said before, thank you so much for taking and posting these. They were enormously helpful while I was building my CG model of Splash Mountain, and I'm sure they will be again when I get back to that project. Not to mention...they're just plain cool!
        Well, I want to rescan them. These were scanned at a Wal-Mart, but I have a friend who has a scanner that does negatives. So I plan to rescan at much better resolution and then I will post that last set and maybe even the rest of the photos I left out - I have many hundreds.

Comment

Thanks for posting those pictures, they are really neat, seeing how the construction of different rides and what not. Do you know what the pitch of the final drop is, it looks almost straight down! No wonder I felt queasy going down! LOL!!
          Yaye!

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. It is always nice to see something being built from scratch.
            Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

Awesomeee!

Comment

Love the construction photos of my favorite attraction!
                Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

It's simply amazing to see how splash mt became what it is today...just looking at the drop "naked" doesn't look all that bad compared with the way it is..I know I know I'm weird..
                  "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Very cool to see

Comment

I love looking at these. Thanks for sharing!
                      sigpic
                      Home away from Home.

Comment

I remember these. So amazing! Thanks again for these.

Comment

Thanks for sharing these. I love these amazing old photos of disneyland.

Comment

Wow, these are awesome. I've never really seen constructions shots of anything pre-Finding Nemo. Thanks for sharing!

It's funny to think how the Micechatters of 2030 might get excited over seeing construction photos of WOC or Carsland and the like. There's definitely a ton for them to go through. You're welcome! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Spy View Post
                              Wow, these are awesome. I've never really seen constructions shots of anything pre-Finding Nemo. Thanks for sharing!

It's funny to think how the Micechatters of 2030 might get excited over seeing construction photos of WOC or Carsland and the like. There's definitely a ton for them to go through. You're welcome! :P
                              I think WoC will go down as the single most photographed construction project at DLR ever. Such a large space with unprecedented access from about 80% of the waterfront, MFW and the GZ.

Thanks to Macro, DarkBeer, Mint and everyone else.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X