• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ManaByte
    Banned User
    • Sep 2005

[Other] Disneyland Casting is so annoying

So I just got laid off and was going to head over to casting to try for a PT position in custodial or something so I called the casting office.

They said they were hiring.

Turns out they lied.

They are "generating interest" for future positions. LIARS.
  • Djov2
    What do u mean u people?
    • Feb 2009

Re: Disneyland Casting is so annoying

That's how most theme parks operate. They hire seasonally. With Spring Break basically starting tomorrow, or Saturday depending on how you look at it. Some have already started. Most parks have hired their staff for Spring, and they'll next be looking to hire for Summer.

Comment

• WestsideCM99
      Banned User
      • May 2009

But wasn't there a statement released already about TDA not holding their annual job fair this year due to the overwhelming amount of apps they've already gotten from walk-ins? I almost want to say that the hiring freeze may last until next year unless some of these applicants on the back-burner are able to find jobs elsewhere before summer.

Comment

Soon enough they will hire for summer.

Comment

• Datameister
          =)
          • Aug 2005

I hope so... :beg:

Comment

Data needs to apply for that custodial job really bad! haha

Comment

• WestsideCM99
              Banned User
              • May 2009

Ynot? They're the highest paid CM's in the park that aren't run by the park's entertainment division.

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                Beach Expert
                • Sep 2006

If I was looking to get employed, I wouldn't go on a message board calling the prospective employer a liar. That would kind of limit my chances of them ever considering me in the future. You never know just who is reading this.

Comment

• Datameister
                  =)
                  • Aug 2005

^ True, that.

Comment

• mycroft16
                    I'm not really here
                    • Aug 2006

Most businesses are always "accepting resumes." Which is considered hiring. Whether or not they are actively employing people is another issue entirely.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• insider67
                      MiceChatter
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
                      Ynot? They're the highest paid CM's in the park that aren't run by the park's entertainment division.
                      Are you referring to custodial being the highest paid outside of entertainment???? God.,..I hope I didn't miss the sarcasm.

Comment

• WestsideCM99
                        Banned User
                        • May 2009

No.. I'm serious. They make really good pay for a CM. In comparison a full time day-shift custodial employee will make $4-$5 bucks more an hour than other fulltime CMs. 3rd shift custodial CMs make even more than that.

Entertainment CMs pay is off the chart and get paid too much in my opinion for what they do but I think there's some legal reasons why they have to be paid less than a certain amount.

Comment

• insider67
                          MiceChatter
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
                          No.. I'm serious. They make really good pay for a CM. In comparison a full time day-shift custodial employee will make $4-$5 bucks more an hour than other fulltime CMs. 3rd shift custodial CMs make even more than that.

Entertainment CMs pay is off the chart and get paid too much in my opinion for what they do but I think there's some legal reasons why they have to be paid less than a certain amount.
                          I don't know what payscale you are looking at but custodial starts out around 9 bucks an hour with a top out around 13 though i'm guessing on that top out. Ok pay for what they do but a vast majority are not full time. I imagine that ride ops are around that same scale except for the ones that have been around for awhile(15+ years) they actually make pretty good money for what they do. If you think entertainment is overpaid i'm sure you would just get sick at what the facilities hourly CM's make. It's not unheard of for some of the facilities types to bust 100k a year. Entertainment and Facilities are all union and get paid according to their union contract. I'm sure with a little digging you could probably find their payscales somewhere on the internet.

Comment

• DonaldDisney
                            Disneyland CM
                            • Aug 2008

Hiring is currently pretty limited at the Disneyland Resort for most roles. The Casting Center is always accepting applications for future opportunities however. I heard that summer seasonal hiring will begin shortly but a much smaller amount of applicants will be hired this year due already high staffing levels in most departments. It seems Foods and Merch are always hiring while Attractions is doing no new hiring at all right now except for processing some older applications.
                            The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies

Comment

• WestsideCM99
                              Banned User
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by insider67 View Post
                              I don't know what payscale you are looking at but custodial starts out around 9 bucks an hour with a top out around 13 though i'm guessing on that top out. Ok pay for what they do but a vast majority are not full time. I imagine that ride ops are around that same scale except for the ones that have been around for awhile(15+ years) they actually make pretty good money for what they do. If you think entertainment is overpaid i'm sure you would just get sick at what the facilities hourly CM's make. It's not unheard of for some of the facilities types to bust 100k a year. Entertainment and Facilities are all union and get paid according to their union contract. I'm sure with a little digging you could probably find their payscales somewhere on the internet.
                              Oh man, I totally spaced on Facilities! I'm still not certain what they do but every one of those facilities guys just loved what they did, I guess I would too if I was making that kind of cheddar. I remember that in 2000, custodial was starting somewhere around $10-11 and some change an hour but that was then I guess. Back then the Attractions CMs were starting at $7.

Comment

• Kritter
                                He Gets The Job Done
                                • Oct 2006

Don't call them and see if they are hiring.

Go to TDA. It will make you look more interested.

That's what I did and I got a 2nd interview the same day.

Comment

• Coheteboy
                                  Starcruiser.. crash crash
                                  MiceChat Moderator
                                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Kritter View Post

Good advice. I did that back in the day with resume in hand. They looked at it and interview was set.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

• Datameister
                                    =)
                                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Kritter View Post

Where specifically did you go to do this, what with TDA being rather difficult to get to?

Comment

• Maleficent'sMirror
                                      Banned User
                                      • Mar 2010

I would suggest u go online and apply, I did that and then did the web based interview and then the formal and am a new CM. But be careful what you post here they do read mice chat and a few CM'S have been terminated or not hired for posts on here. =)

Comment

• isny
                                        Timelord
                                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Maleficent'sMirror View Post
                                        I would suggest u go online and apply, I did that and then did the web based interview and then the formal and am a new CM. But be careful what you post here they do read mice chat and a few CM'S have been terminated or not hired for posts on here. =)
                                        How would you get fired for that? Do employees with Disney sign a contract saying they can't discuss the company in public? Otherwise, that's highly illegal...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X