Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World of Color ENCORE!! - What songs do YOU want?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] World of Color ENCORE!! - What songs do YOU want?

I know it's early, but since the confirmation that there will be Encores performed after World of Color, particularly during peak seasons between shows, my mind has been racing with tracks I hope they pick to use.

And then I thought, I wonder what everyone else would like to hear/see used as a WOC Encore?

So there's the question! What Disney tracks would you want Disney to use during their WOC Encores?

I, personally, would like to see them sync up something to the Hal Ketchum & Shelby Lynne version of "If I Never Knew You" for a vocal song. As far as instrumental versions go, my default answer is "Colors of the Wind" without the vocals. That track is suprisingly very dynamic and would be interesting to see with the fountains. Then again, the instrumental track to "Beauty and the Beast" would be a nice closing Encore/Goodnight Stinger for the show/park.

What about the rest of you MiceChatters out there? Got a favorite Disney song that you would like to see as a WOC Encore?
    Last edited by ZeekSlider; 04-06-2010, 08:07 PM.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Re: World of Color ENCORE!! - What songs do YOU want?

"It's a Small World." That would get people out of Paradise Park quickly.

But, with The Little Mermaid on its way, some nice arrangement of "Part of Your World" would be very cool.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Grim Grinning Ghosts and/or This is Halloween (instrumental) from Nightmare
      when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Good question!
        Hmm...I would like to hear just a simple melody of songs, with just white fountains dancing to the music.
        This list isn't in a specific order, but here's what I'd like to hear:
        - If I never knew you
        - I won't say I'm in love
        - Baby Mine
        - Little April Shower
        and there's a few others I'm trying to find.

Comment

^ Part of Your World will be in the show

what I'd love to see:

The Lion King - The Circle of Life.

Mary Poppins - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Song of the South - Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah.
          - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
            ^ Part of Your World will be in the show

what I'd love to see:

The Lion King - The Circle of Life.

Mary Poppins - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Song of the South - Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah.
            Thanks.

I feel like "Circle of Life" is totally a "curtain-opener" type of song. Maybe not fit for a post-finale. And doesn't Lion King have a big presence in the show already?

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah both would be awesome set to fountains.
            -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Lavender Blue instrumental
              Out There from Hunchback
              Reflection from Mulan
              Pink Elephants on Parade
              True Loves Kiss into an Enchanted medley
              Rhapsody in Blue from Fantasia 2000
              Zero to Hero from Hercules
              You Can Fly from Peter Pan
              ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

I guess I miss the memo. What encore are you talking about? And how will it be different than the regular show?

Comment

Originally posted by MainStreetJake View Post
                  Good question!
                  Hmm...I would like to hear just a simple melody of songs, with just white fountains dancing to the music.
                  This list isn't in a specific order, but here's what I'd like to hear:
                  - If I never knew you
                  - I won't say I'm in love
                  - Baby Mine
                  - Little April Shower
                  and there's a few others I'm trying to find.
                  dude, get out of my head!

but i'm demanding as many pocahontas songs as possible!! )
                  Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                  You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                  Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by WorldDisney View Post
                    I guess I miss the memo. What encore are you talking about? And how will it be different than the regular show?
                    they are shows that will serve as an end-tag to World of Color. After the main show is done and the fountains have taken their final bows, an encore will follow

see 1:00 in this video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hziddPQtZkk]YouTube - World of Color Press Conference, (2 of 3) D23 Expo[/ame]
                    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by WorldDisney View Post
                      I believe that Steve Davison has confirmed that after the main WOC show, there will be an encore. The fountains will perform 1-2 songs after the finale. This is all just guessing, but maybe there will be like 2 minutes between the finale and the encore.

All we know is that the encore has been confirmed, the rest is just may guess and speculation.

Comment

-Topsy Turvy
                        -Zero to Hero
                        -Prince Ali
                        -Friend Like Me
                        -I just can't wait to be king
                        -Part of Your World
                        -Be Our Guest

I don't feel that completely random songs from the depths of Disney history should be utilized for Encores. I think Encores should be songs from major movies that simply do not fit into the actual show.

Comment

I don't care so much about any kind of "encore" bit, as I do just getting World of Color itself. Give me that, and then anything else they want to throw on top of that is great, too.

Comment

Nice selections everyone!
                            If they do World of Color encores I'd like to see and hear:

The Spectrum Song- Paul Frees/Professor Ludwig Von Drake

The Beautiful Briny Sea- from Bedknobs and Broomsticks

He's A Pirate- from Pirates of the Caribbean

Maybe a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea medley, with the Nautilus breaching the surface, then go into Whale of a Tale etc.

Steamboat Willie/Minnie's Yoo Hoo/Mickey Mouse March Medley. This would be the "goodnight kiss."

"Now it's time to say goodbye
                            To all our company
                            M-I-C, See you real soon
                            K-E-Y, Why? Because we like you
                            M-O-U-S-E"

Everyone can sing along!

Then WOC exit music...
                            Last edited by Mighty Mikerscope; 04-06-2010, 10:31 PM. Reason: added an eth
                            Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

Comment

Hmm.... The world of color theme song

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X