• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DannyLand
    MiceChatter
    • Nov 2009

[Fun] 3 Little Pigs

Why exactly did the 3 little pigs stop doing meet n greets?
    I saw videos of them, they are awesome. wiggle their nose.
    everyone knows on characters last day, they go crazy. doing whatever they want!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwu3rG_BI2I&feature=00m"]YouTube - Dirk's Disney Character Dept. Archives ..Last day of Pigs 12-10-89 #3.mpg[/ame]
    1:25 is awesome and the start.
    btw there are more vids of this documentary and exclusive showing of the casting room. I think part 2 but this is #3.
  • Druggas
    Hooterville, USA
    • Feb 2005

Re: 3 Little Pigs

A ban on pork in the park?
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• TikiRoom
      MiceChatter
      • Aug 2009

I remember reading something, I think it was in Mouse Tales, that these older 3 Little Pigs costumes were really dangerous because CMs did not have access to both hands. In this video, it seems like they have one hand holding on to a dowel in the right arm of the suit that allows them to move one plastic hand, with the other hand inside the headpiece (wiggling the nose). From what I can recall from the book, I feel like even earlier costumes didn't give them access to either han. It was dangerous for the CM if guests were too get rowdy with them or if they were to fall, it would be nearly impossible to get up off of the ground.

From someone who has been in a character suit that does not allow you to use your hands (think a happy-go-lucky yet mischievous primate with a friend in a yellow hat), its quite claustrophobic. I can't imagine if both arms and hands were confined inside the helmet or in the bodysuit. *shudder*

The newer pigs (as seen in previous parades) seem much more mobile. I wouldn't mind seeing these 3 amigos out and about more often!

Comment

• MatterhornJ
        Disney Fan & Musician

• Mar 2009

They were out at the D23 party.
        Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

• Aladdin
          Prince Ali
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by MatterhornJ View Post
          They were out at the D23 party.
          But that wasn't any normal meet and greet!

The last time I saw them in the park at a normal meet and greet was back in the 70's!
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• ryanvalle
            Not a Minion
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
            But that wasn't any normal meet and greet!

The last time I saw them in the park at a normal meet and greet was back in the 70's!
            But it's nice to know that they still have the costumes around.

Comment

• Capt Hook
              Banned User
              • Jun 2006

I've meet the Big Bad Wolf but never the 3 Little Pigs. I had hear they where out when Disneyland had there 50th Anniverse.

Comment

• DLFreak71
                ---------------
                • Sep 2005

Quote by Al:
                To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                -Al Lutz

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X