This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Theme Park Theme: Mythology

What do you think? Would a Mythology theme work for a Disney park?

I think so...
    Here's some ideas...
    Have one land themed to Egyptian mythology, one land Greek mythology, One land Norse mythology, etc. A lot of original ride ideas could be made for this and the park could out-do DisneySeas. A Hercules area could be put into the Greek land. Some sort of rides themed to Viking gods could be put into the Norse area. The e-ticket in the Egypt land could be a giant Pyramid with a rollercoaster/Indiana Jones type ride inside. Anybody else have ideas?

Re: Third Theme Park Theme: Mythology

I believe that Disney today would be the best to recreate the look and feel of the environments, Universal doesnt have all the touch yet. But as to the rides, I think that would require serious time and energy, only the WDI of fifteen years ago was capable of that. I can imagine some serious Chinese Myths played out in a ride with stellar effect, but I can't see Disney (America) assembling the right talent and money.

But Mythology is a start. Could this park have a "Rail Road"? That kind of element seems to add unity to a park. It also justifies the seperation between park and real world.
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

Comment

I love the idea... in fact, I posted this before I saw your thread here:
      http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...t=13238&page=3
      something along the lines of mythology would be pretty cool if you ask me.

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
      My MySpace... or...My Facebook
      Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

Comment

Originally posted by Mission Seagull
        I believe that Disney today would be the best to recreate the look and feel of the environments, Universal doesnt have all the touch yet. But as to the rides, I think that would require serious time and energy, only the WDI of fifteen years ago was capable of that.
        Really? Have you seen Expedition: EVEREST? WDI is still capable if they get appropriate funding (and $100,000,000 for a roller coaster is appropriate).
        -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
        I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pyrateslife4me84
          Really? Have you seen Expedition: EVEREST? WDI is still capable if they get appropriate funding (and $100,000,000 for a roller coaster is appropriate).
          Quite agree... I mean, even though it's Tokyo, DisneySea was built by the Imagineers.

WDI has always been quite capable of doing everything. It's just that budgets and third-party meddling into their affairs are what keeps them from doing truly spectacular stuff.

WDI knows how to make good show still. It's the accountants that won't let them do it completely. That's exactly what's gone wrong with a LOT of the long-standing aspects of the company lately.

With a new guy in charge now, though -- well, let's see if he's willing to spend all that's necessary, even if overbudget, to keep people coming back.
          -Tim

Comment

also Corporate sponsers can detract from the ride. Lets use 'Dinousaur' as an example. Great ride, but would be better without those BLARING Mcdonalds promotions.
            Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

Comment

Attraction sponsors never bothered me too much -- the rides don't force the sponsor down your throat (even Carousel of Progress didn't force GE on you too much). As long as I don't see the Tiki birds in a ton of Dole clothing and signing up for a wireless service isn't a requirement for riding Spaceship Earth, I'm fine with sponsors.

Anything that'll help bring a bit more budget is fine with me.
              -Tim

Comment

I love the idea. I've studies (never "in depth") some mythology. It could be a great park.

However.... In the US, it wouldn't work. Too many people screaming, "It's not Christian! You are teaching the kids to be Pagans! Anybody going to this park will go to hell!" ect ect ect

I know some people make that claim now, but I think more would if "Paganland" opened.
                Jeff made me famous!
                From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

LoL Garrett240 good point about our society he has got a good point our socitety is kind going crazy over stuff like this. But there could be a Hurcules ride it would be a fun idea!!!! But what other Disney mythology films are there I cant think of many relations but then again i guess u dont need them.
                  :ap: !!Disney-aholic!! :ap:

http://www.myspace.com/chevelle189

Comment

Epcot did fine for a looong time without having rides and attractions based on Disney films...

But mythology goes with more than just the usual gods and goddesses that we usually think of. Chronicles of Narnia would be a perfect fit -- and a good way to calm those worrying about "Paganland."

As for Disney, we have Hercules and Fantasia to get a lot of material from -- not only with Pastoral Symphony, but also Night on Bald Mountain (remember -- Chernabog *is* the slavic god of evil).

Everything else, well -- look on the bright side, how will they possibly come up with a way to fit a Pixar film into that kind of park?
                    -Tim

Comment

I don't think the pagan thing would be a problem here...I wouldn't suggest it as park #2 for Hong Kong...but I think with it all being history and myths (not religions) the big issue would be the historians saying that on such a large scale Disney couldn't help but screw up the history (like Disney's America).

Comment

Eff Mythology... My idea is to build a Theme Park in cooperation with George Lucas & Co. ... Thats right, I want to see a Star Wars Themed Park! Different lands themed to different planets. You know it would be tight.
                        "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

How about having a successful second theme park first?

Comment

Originally posted by sediment
                            How about having a successful second theme park first?
                            But they already have Fantasyland at DL...
                            -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett240
                              I love the idea. I've studies (never "in depth") some mythology. It could be a great park.

However.... In the US, it wouldn't work. Too many people screaming, "It's not Christian! You are teaching the kids to be Pagans! Anybody going to this park will go to hell!" ect ect ect

I know some people make that claim now, but I think more would if "Paganland" opened.
                              I was just thinking the exact same thing.

Although there are so many cool things that could be done - Mythology World - this could be an awesome park.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X