Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know the secrets to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Do you know the secrets to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad?

OK this isn't an exhaustive list but you can add your own that you know of but this is what I know:

When you enter the first cave / A lift it pays homage to the old Mine Train through Nature’s Wonderland.

After the snow shed to the left is the rides Hidden Mickey in the form of three gears that are stregicaly placed upside-down. Legend has it ride operators made it themselves.

To the right as you are going up B lift past the Hidden Mickey there is a genuine steam engine from long ago, now powered by and electric motor. But when it breaks down they have to order parts from the original manufacture or build it from scratch.

After you crest B lift past the Goat chewing dynamite, there is a big foot in the rockwork just as you pass under the lift before spiral butte. This was placed there because when they were testing the ride back in the day a WDI engineer was test riding the train and it derailed and he broke his toe so it’s homage to him.

As you make the turn before C lift there is a wall of, I guess the best way to describe them is telephone poles. That used to be a viewing area but a train derailed there and they decided to make sure if it derailed again it wouldn't hurt bystanders. They also added a third rail there to help it not derail.

And finally the little town at Brake Zone 4 after the Dino pond is also left over from Mine Train through Nature’s Wonderland.

This is what I can remember; if you have more feel free to post.
    Last edited by BigThunder1; 05-16-2010, 03:42 PM.
    Howdy folks, please keep your hands, arms and legs inside the train and remain seated at all times. Now then, hang on to them hats and glasses cause this here's the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!!

Re: Do you know the secrets to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad?

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but...

That one's definitely not true. It's an homage to that attraction's Rainbow Caverns, yes, but it's entirely different inside. And it's not even located in the same area.

To the right as you are going up B lift past the Hidden Mickey there is a genuine steam engine from long ago, now powered by and electric motor. But when it breaks down they have to order parts from the original manufacture or build it from scratch.
    All I've seen over there is the backside of Pinocchio...

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post

All I've seen over there is the backside of Pinocchio...
      Howdy folks, please keep your hands, arms and legs inside the train and remain seated at all times. Now then, hang on to them hats and glasses cause this here's the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!!

Comment

Blaah
        Last edited by BigThunder1; 05-17-2010, 05:15 PM.

Comment

On the 2nd lift, look to the right towards Fantasyland, and you'll see what looks like an old fashioned oil derrick. In fact the top is the fake tree that is connected to the wire Tink flies around on during fireworks. 'Her' ladsder is clearly visible.
          As you re-enter the loading area at the end of the ride, look backwards along the side of Rancho del Zocalo and you'll see the entrance to the maintenance shed for the trains which are backed into the shed.
          First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
          First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
          BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Hm. I always wondered where Tink ended up!

Comment

Originally posted by dth316 View Post
              Hm. I always wondered where Tink ended up!
              Tink ends up on the roof of Snow White and Pinocchio now. She doesn't go in the tree anymore.

Comment

The "Goat Trick"

It involves staring at the goat chewing dynamite for as long as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunder1 View Post

I thought that was for the mule ride.

Comment

On top of Snow White? That seems like a pretty steep fall. I imagined it stretched more out towards TSI

Comment

On top of Snow White? That seems like a pretty steep fall. I imagined it stretched more out towards TSI

You know how it can stop, go back and forth and rise and lower. When Tink is done flying they stop her over the building and lower the harness.

The line still goes from the Mountain to the tree.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                        I thought that was for the mule ride.
                        Although the Pack Mules and the Mine Train were part of a complex called "Rainbow Ridge", the buildings seen today are only from the mine train section of the town (though the Pack mules had there own line of buildings too).

Comment

See ... right there behind Pinocchio:

Comment

Goat trick rodeo all stars!!!
                            So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

<===============Stare at my goat as long as you can!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X