The San Francisco Bay Area at DCA?Why???

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DISNEYJUNKIE
    D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY
    • Feb 2005

The San Francisco Bay Area at DCA?Why???

So I know Golden Dreams is in this area , but otherwise there is a lovely street of " SF archetectrial (SP) store fronts? Only one time in all of my visits have I seen anything happening in the buildings themselves..about 2years ago during the holiday season there was a cookie making area. What else has gone on in this area and what is the point of the area for entertainment value? Disney if nothing else could have shops and sell some merchandise there. Has anyone seen anything else in this area happening?
  • PirateMickey
    A Pirate's life for me!
    • Sep 2005

Re: The San Francisco Bay Area at DCA?Why???

I guess they could have the "Bush-Man" set up shop there and scare passer-by's. Or add shops that sell tiny little fishing boats, cable cars and GG Bridge replica's...

And don't forget the crab boiler pots! That smell (aroma?) is just what that area needs!

Anything to boost attendance!

Comment

• Tinkerbelle
      Waiting for the stork
      • Jan 2005

the "bush-man" I love that guy, the last few times I was at the warfe he wasn't around though...he cracks me up.....
      and for the record DCA did have something similar a few years ago, they had "climbing Ivy" on a wall, but when I walked by it stepped out if front of me (scared the boogers out of me), however I have not seen that in a LONG time. and I keep looking for it.
      procrastibating

Comment

• cellarhound
        MiceChatter
        • Jan 2005

I am picturing CM's dressing like homeless people and taking photographes with missing teeth and cardboard signs... Where are the rainbow flags for crying out loud????

I still think they should take Golden Dreams out and put in a science "discovery" type of museum... Call it the "Imaginatorium"

Wait that would be depicting the REAL California too much, wouldn't it? Dang!
        Check out my other blog:

Comment

• wolfy
          Still wants to be a cat!
          • Jan 2005

I've seen a temporary arcade set up in one of those buildings a while ago.....mostly they are just used for offices.
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• Darkbeer
            Darkbeer
            • Jan 2005

The buildings on Bathroom Row have been used before....

When they offered Luminaria, the building was where they had the kids decorate the Christmas cards used in the show.

During the X Games, it was home to the Xcade, and then the Xcade remained for a while (heck, it did make some money).

They also used it as a staging area for the ABC Primetime Preview events. Currently, they do hold some CM meetings inside.
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• seenoevil
              Minion
              • Apr 2005

Why put in more shops? Everyone complains already about too many shops with expensive merchandise! We don't have enough people to man the shops we already have!
              I want my cake back!
              sigpic

Comment

• dsnylndmom
                loves a silver lining
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by cellarhound
                I still think they should take Golden Dreams out and put in a science "discovery" type of museum... Call it the "Imaginatorium"
                Now you have me missing the Exploratorium, I love that place!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• TacAlert
                  C4C6C

• Jan 2005

If space permitted, I think a dark roller coaster based on a runaway cable car would be great for that area.
                  "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

• iluvstitch
                    meganmegaphone
                    • Oct 2005

Nah, we just need some good 'ol fashioned protests... that'd spice things up in no time ... or there could be a cool Haight type of vintage shop put in since everyone loves vintage nowendays... we'll just leave the crack addicts and homeless perverts out of this scene... don't want it to be too authentic!

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
                    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
                    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

Comment

• DISNEYJUNKIE
                      D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY
                      • Feb 2005

Golden Dreams becoming an exploritorium type of venue and good crab pots with a walk away shrimp or crab cocktails yummm...

Comment

• Crazy54
                        Photographer/Disney Lover
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by iluvstitch
                        Nah, we just need some good 'ol fashioned protests... that'd spice things up in no time ... or there could be a cool Haight type of vintage shop put in since everyone loves vintage nowendays... we'll just leave the crack addicts and homeless perverts out of this scene... don't want it to be too authentic!

yeah, protests to disney...ehheh

I dont think a protest would do anything, but maybe some letters could! I say we all write in and send them in on the same day, and we could possibly get something done.

However, its all about money. If they cant use it for anything to make money, why change whats not broken. =/

And yes, they had an arcade when the XGames were there. but no mas!
                        "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

• PragmaticIdealist
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by seenoevil
                          Why put in more shops? Everyone complains already about too many shops with expensive merchandise! We don't have enough people to man the shops we already have!
                          Those buildings create dead space that makes guests feel uncomfortable. A shop, a restaurant, or an attraction of some sort is in order.

Comment

• DISNEYJUNKIE
                            D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY
                            • Feb 2005

I agree it is uncomfortable and points out to the guest once again what a unfinished place DCA is , dont get me wrong I enjoy DCA and would definitley spend more time there if there was more to do.

Comment

• Barbossa
                              Infinitized!
                              • Jan 2005

How about a fast paced dark ride called "Escape from Alcatraz" ?

Basically that's just what it is, an escape from Alcatraz while you dodge gun fire.

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                                no flash photography...
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist
                                Those buildings create dead space that makes guests feel uncomfortable. A shop, a restaurant, or an attraction of some sort is in order.
                                they don't make me feel uncomfortable.....why would an area of a theme park make any feel uncomfortable...sure if it's like knotts scary far, but thats the point...are people who visit theme parks so weak minded that they feel uncomfortable because they walk by a building that looks like a beach hosue???....they must totally freak out int he real world everytime they walk by a buliding or house that they cannot go in.

Comment

• OogieBoogie
                                  Supervillan Extrodinaire
                                  MiceChat News Team
                                  • Sep 2005

maybe a motion simulator ride of driving down highway 1 in a our of control car.

or (on a more cynical note) we can have a buzz lightyear type shoot em up ride where you go into South Central LA.
                                  Growing older is manditory
                                  Growing up is however, optional

Comment

• Disney Analyst
                                    Behind the refurb walls..
                                    • Apr 2005

I remember the ivy stilt people! Very cool!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                                    ~

Comment

• PirateMickey
                                      A Pirate's life for me!
                                      • Sep 2005

How about an earthquake experience!

Oh...Wait...That's already been done.

Never mind.

LOL!

Comment

• cellarhound
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by PirateMickey
                                        How about an earthquake experience!

Oh...Wait...That's already been done.

Never mind.

LOL!
                                        That was a Pear 39 attraction for those who didn't get the refferant... It's long since gone...

There used to be this cool dark ride at Fishermans Wharf where you would ride a cable car through San Francisco... It wasn't as fun as riding on the running boards of a real cable car up California Street... There was also a Haunted Mine which was sort of one of those "Mystery Spots/Side Show" kind of attractions... I haven't been down there for a while... But I think they still have the Guinness Book, Ripley's, and a Wax Museum down there... The big draw is Seafood - Shrimp and Crab Cocktails that are cooked and prepaired right in front of you curbside...

Ironicly the Palace of Fine Arts which is right by a reflecting pool is in an alkward part of the city that is between a residential district and the bridge on ramp... Basically at one end of Lombard...

The Palace of Fine Arts looks almost completely nothing like it... But at least when you stand in the middle of the dome and clap: there are some CM's who will do the echo clap...
                                        Check out my other blog:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X