• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msmith_333
    msmith_333 is now Cowboy
    • Feb 2005

Best Hotels Around Disneyland?

I was curious if anyone has had a good experience with any of the Hotels that surround Disneyland (Disney Hotels Do Not Count)? Personally, I'd have to say my favorite is the Annabella. The whole complex is beautiful, and their rooms are pretty nice and clean. Plus, their service is second to none. No, I don't work there. So lets hear some reviews.
    msmith_333 is now Cowboy
  • The Mad Hatter
    • Jan 2005

Tropicanna, hands down. One of the closest, clean, friendly, free parking, nice free breakfast. No complaints from me about it.

Comment

• Disguy
      -Going Retro-
      • Jan 2005

Howard Johnson Anaheim is I'd say one of the best value and service is great. It's not exactly across the street from the park but a short seven min walk is not to bad. Plus, you can't beat the huge parking lot and large garden like walking areas.

I've heard good reviews about Anabella and Embassy Suites is always a favorite. Who can beat the cocktail reception?

Comment

• mamabot
        Rally Vixen
        MiceChat Administrator
        • Jan 2005

I agree with Mad Hatter on Tropicana. They have been remodeling their rooms, looks nice. One of the best features at this hotel is the parking. Much easier to navigate than some of the other Neighbor hotels.

Park Inn is one of my new favorites, which is added to Best Western Park Place. I have also stayed at the Desert Inn (ok, not great), the Desert Palms (not too bad, great prices), and once upon a long time ago, Raffles. Oh and some other one up Harbor on the west side of the street near Carl's Jr. Only slightlky forgettable that one. Way too much street noise.
        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

• travelmom
          Minion
          • Feb 2005

We used to call Desert Inn home, but the quality and cleanliness has changed there.
          Tropicanna gets our vote, and we haven't sacrificed that great location!
          I love being able to just come and go in minutes to and from the park. It totally enhances the quality of our vacation. Can you say rest?
          Can't wait until May 7, a week at the Tropicanna!
          Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

• Big Drunk Dave @ DL
            Drunken Disneyland Master
            • Jan 2005

Extinct Hotels Club

What are some hotels that you WOULDN'T stay at?

Remember the "Rip Van Winkle?" HA! That hotel was great! The rooms were too small for both you and the roaches! Good times.

Comment

• mamabot
              Rally Vixen
              MiceChat Administrator
              • Jan 2005

We stayed at a really nasty one once The Sands, I think. It was closer to McDonalds. I thought it was the Desrt Inn, got confused, then got nasty looks from my parents and siblings. That hotel is no longer on Harbor. Not sure which hotel took its place.

I am going to think twice about staying at the Desert Palms, only because I didn't like how their A/C unit was in a room that could be shut off, leaving the main room with no air circulation.
              Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
              I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

• The Mad Hatter
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Big Drunk Dave @ DL
                What are some hotels that you WOULDN'T stay at?
                It's hard to say because there's so many places to stay in that area. I found http://www.tripadvisor.com very useful. It has a wealth of reviews on almost all the hotels/motels in the area.

Comment

• Pirate Wench
                  • Jan 2005

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• dsnylndmom
                    loves a silver lining
                    • Jan 2005

As an adult I really have enjoyed my stays at
                    ***BW Park Place Inn
                    ***Tropicana
                    ***Hojo's
                    ***Embassy Suites Garden Grove(Hey Disguy you know I"m right there with you on the free cocktails)
                    **Hilton Inn & Suites-but too far away(not to be confused with Anaheim Hilton)

I have stayed and and NOT enjoyed my stays at
                    Fairfield
                    Desert Inn
                    Castle Inn
                    Desert Palm

I have stayed at and thought it was just 'eh'
                    *Best Value Inn & Suites Orange(HUGE rooms too far away)
                    *Carousal

I am staying at Park Inn for the big July celebration and am looking forward to that. I've also heard very good things about Residence Inn Garden Grove and Candy Cane Inn, but never stayed at either.

We've also stayed at the "Snoopy Hotel" next to Knott's Berry Farm and REALLY enjoyed that stay.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• DznyVan
                      Disney fans for life!
                      • Jan 2005

Stay away from the Castle Inn. Do a search for more on this place...

Residence Inn, Candy Cane, Anaheim Marriott and Hilton, all have our stamp of approval.

But the best for us are the hotels on the property. Just used to them I guess. We'll be there next week!

Comment

• Big Drunk Dave @ DL
                        Drunken Disneyland Master
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
                        We've also stayed at the "Snoopy Hotel" next to Knott's Berry Farm and REALLY enjoyed that stay.
                        I assume you are talking about the Radission (formally the Buena Park Hotel)that's actually on the Knott's Berry property. This hotel is spectacular and I also assume you are talking about the "Peanuts" themed children's room. Just spectacular.

Comment

• Disguy
                          -Going Retro-
                          • Jan 2005

If you ever need reviews, Trip Advisor is a great site. I use it all the time when booking hotels for others and myself.

Comment

• dsnylndmom
                            loves a silver lining
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Big Drunk Dave @ DL
                            I assume you are talking about the Radission (formally the Buena Park Hotel)that's actually on the Knott's Berry property. This hotel is spectacular and I also assume you are talking about the "Peanuts" themed children's room. Just spectacular.
                            That'd be the one. Although I like Snoopy Hotel better

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• wolfy
                              Still wants to be a cat!
                              • Jan 2005

Actually I own a Travel Agency, so have been to see most of the Hotels/Motels in the area......Garden Grove's (Harbor & Chapman) are very nice and a little less pricey than the ones around the Parks. They all have shuttles or transportation is quite accessible. Great restaurants too (without the high prices of DTD)! Lots of suites available for families (major point)!
                              Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                              it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• Malibu Minion
                                Zapp's Minion :D
                                • Jan 2005

Most of the time when I go down there for a few days I stay at the Red Roof Inn 100 Disney way. I've racked up some free nights. It's clean and the beds are comfy.

Hojo and the Park Inn are Great!!!

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Feb 2005

Carousel Inn is nice, especially since they have remodeled.
                                  The Marriot and Hilton are both very nice.
                                  Desert Inn is doable.
                                  Park Vue I didn't like.
                                  Castle Inn was nice, but it's been almost 9 years since we stayed there (Our first anniversary)
                                  The Hyatt Garden Grove is my fave (you can priceline this hotel for about $50) Sure it's not within walking distance, but the shuttles are pretty reliable, and it saves you $10 on parking.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X