Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland Resort Improvements

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disneyland Resort Improvements

    Greetings! I am here to post many of my ideas to improve DL in its current state. Please respond to what you think of them :angel: If I can, I will also post some concept pics.

    Here we go we shall first start at the Magic Kingdom of Disneyland:

    A the park entry way in between DL and DCA, a giant fountain similar to the one at HKDL will be placed there. One it, a Scorcerer Mickey statue sits on top directing the water and waves. At the base is where the rest of the fab five characters are at. Every twenty minuites, the fountain comes alive with dancing water set to Disney music. At night, colored lights add to the spectacle.

    The Disneyland RR will change the seats in each train to fae forward instead of having some face the side. The Gand Canyon diorama will be moved so that it is encountered in Frontierland behind Big Thunder Ranch ( it would make more sence to go through the Grand Canyon in Frontierland wouldn't it? Plus it would fill up more space back there. ) It would also make more room for the Primevil World Diorama to expand. More advanced AAs will be placed, and show scenes will take place on both sides of the train.

    The Indiana Jones Adventure will be upgraded to have more amazing special effects like fire the the Chamber of Destiny scene, cooler lightning effects in the tunnel of torment, and the return of the collapsing roof effect ( the ice box that made brick looking ice fall from the cieling, ). Other encounters could include things like attacking deamons ( projected ones replacing the bad rat on vine effect ) and tumbling statues that nearly crush your viecle.

    Tarzan's Treehouse will return to Swiss Family Treehouse.

    POTC will recieve the movie upgrades, but the rumored ones that take place at night. The classic ride will the same during the day, but at night, the boats switch to where boat storage currently is, where scenes dipicting Jack Sparrow and Will Turner saving the town from Captain Barbossa's skeleton crew.

    Critter Country will be rethemed and Renamed to "Back Country Woods" The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh will be removed from the building ( and moved to another location which I will explain about later ) and a new ride will be put in its place. It will be a dark ride based off of the Ranger Woodlore and Humphry the bear Disney cartoons.

    Stay tuned! More to come.
    Do you fear death? You fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bail. All your sins PUNISHED.

  • #2
    Re: Disneyland Resort Improvements

    Nice, nice, nice, nice, nice. Ever gonna happen? Probably not, but we can dream. Well you can, I'll dream about WDW :P
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

    DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

    (VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disneyland Resort Improvements

      I would replace Pooh with Rescue Rangers honestly. I mean as much as I like Humphrey, I do not think anyone can get as much of a good ride story out of his characters as they can for rescue rangers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disneyland Resort Improvements

        What are deamons?

        Some of your ideas are good but I think I like DL just the way it is.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disneyland Resort Improvements

          Originally posted by Imagineer8689
          A the park entry way in between DL and DCA, a giant fountain similar to the one at HKDL will be placed there. One it, a Scorcerer Mickey statue sits on top directing the water and waves. At the base is where the rest of the fab five characters are at. Every twenty minuites, the fountain comes alive with dancing water set to Disney music. At night, colored lights add to the spectacle.
          I like it. I remember seeing old concept art that had a fountain or something in the middle of the esplanade, but of course, due to budget cuts it didn't happen. It would be nice to have something there though...

          Originally posted by Imagineer8689
          The Disneyland RR will change the seats in each train to fae forward instead of having some face the side. The Gand Canyon diorama will be moved so that it is encountered in Frontierland behind Big Thunder Ranch ( it would make more sence to go through the Grand Canyon in Frontierland wouldn't it? Plus it would fill up more space back there. ) It would also make more room for the Primevil World Diorama to expand. More advanced AAs will be placed, and show scenes will take place on both sides of the train.
          Not sure if this would fly. On paper, it sounds good, but how do we know if there is enough room for the Grand Canyon/Primevil World changes and if it would work logically to change all the seats in the train cars - would the design of the cars themselves cooperate with an idea like this? Also, I think all of those purists out there would kill if the animatronics were replaced and swapped with newer, fancy ones... I really do like the idea of the the dioramas being on both sides- it would be neat to have the scenes going on both sides..

          Originally posted by Imagineer8689
          The Indiana Jones Adventure will be upgraded to have more amazing special effects like fire the the Chamber of Destiny scene, cooler lightning effects in the tunnel of torment, and the return of the collapsing roof effect ( the ice box that made brick looking ice fall from the cieling, ). Other encounters could include things like attacking deamons ( projected ones replacing the bad rat on vine effect ) and tumbling statues that nearly crush your viecle.
          The addition of fire to the chamber of destiny wouldnt make sense... Maybe some torches as if to light the way - but themeatically fire wouldn't make sense until after you look into the eyes of Mara and all hell breaks loose! I agree that the ice box should be fixed - or something that creates a similar illusion should be added... It's a good idea... too bad it didn't work and was never fixed.

          Originally posted by Imagineer8689
          Tarzan's Treehouse will return to Swiss Family Treehouse.
          No. Disneyland isn't a museum. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing that whole tree go and clearing up the walkway a bit more...


          Originally posted by Imagineer8689
          POTC will recieve the movie upgrades, but the rumored ones that take place at night. The classic ride will the same during the day, but at night, the boats switch to where boat storage currently is, where scenes dipicting Jack Sparrow and Will Turner saving the town from Captain Barbossa's skeleton crew.
          How much room is really back there anyway? I doubt theres enough for huge new show scenes. Wishful thinking, but won't happen.

          Originally posted by Imagineer8689
          Critter Country will be rethemed and Renamed to "Back Country Woods" The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh will be removed from the building ( and moved to another location which I will explain about later ) and a new ride will be put in its place. It will be a dark ride based off of the Ranger Woodlore and Humphry the bear Disney cartoons.
          Hmm, no thanks. I don't like the new name you proposed - it isn't particuarly a user-friendly name (much like the clunky "Disney's California Adventure")... And as for Winnie the Pooh - it would be a waste of time and money to move a lackluster ride and just re-use it's old track and building for a new ride based on characters that most people won't remember anymore and most kids won't even know at all..

          Originally posted by Imagineer8689
          Stay tuned! More to come.
          I love the fountain and Indy ideas... But not too sure about the other ones... I wanna hear any ideas you have on Tomorrowland...

          Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disneyland Resort Improvements

            I totally agree with Master Gracy. I esp. like the tree removal... it takes up too much space!

            I think the rest of DLr is just fine! No need to change it. I like the fountain idea as well.
            "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disneyland Resort Improvements

              The falling ice was a bad idea apparently. My dad was one of the imagineers that advised against it (I forgot the reason, I'll have to ask him again), but they went ahead and put the effect in anyway. I guess they took it out for the same reason my dad said it wouldn't work. Believe me, they wouldn't just take a cool effect like that out unless they had a good reason.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disneyland Resort Improvements

                Originally posted by mattjbhs
                The falling ice was a bad idea apparently. My dad was one of the imagineers that advised against it (I forgot the reason, I'll have to ask him again), but they went ahead and put the effect in anyway. I guess they took it out for the same reason my dad said it wouldn't work. Believe me, they wouldn't just take a cool effect like that out unless they had a good reason.
                I had read somewhere that the machine is still up there. From what I understood, the way it's installation was flawed and when it broke, they couldnt fix it because it would have created too much hassle and would have required some demolition to the area around it in order to get it down and fix it, etc.... I don't know if any of that's true, but that's all I've ever heard of that effect..

                Your dad is/was an Imagineer?

                Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disneyland Resort Improvements

                  Originally posted by MasterGracey
                  Not sure if this would fly. On paper, it sounds good, but how do we know if there is enough room for the Grand Canyon/Primevil World changes and if it would work logically to change all the seats in the train cars - would the design of the cars themselves cooperate with an idea like this? Also, I think all of those purists out there would kill if the animatronics were replaced and swapped with newer, fancy ones... I really do like the idea of the the dioramas being on both sides- it would be neat to have the scenes going on both sides..
                  Well, some of the old animatronics are so out of date that they barely do much anymore. I think they should at least add some new mechanical parts to give the practically motionless ones movement.

                  Originally posted by MasterGracey
                  The addition of fire to the chamber of destiny wouldnt make sense... Maybe some torches as if to light the way - but themeatically fire wouldn't make sense until after you look into the eyes of Mara and all hell breaks loose!
                  That's pretty much what I had in mind. When Mara says "Foolish Mortals! You looked into my eyes." then fire pops up on both sides of the idol. That would be cool.

                  Originally posted by MasterGracey
                  How much room is really back there anyway? I doubt theres enough for huge new show scenes. Wishful thinking, but won't happen.
                  Actually, there have been many seriouse rumors floating around that it could happen. There is, surprisingly enough, loads of room in POTC's backstage areas. Its so expansive that many CMs have gotten lost.

                  Originally posted by MasterGracy
                  Hmm, no thanks. I don't like the new name you proposed - it isn't particuarly a user-friendly name (much like the clunky "Disney's California Adventure")... And as for Winnie the Pooh - it would be a waste of time and money to move a lackluster ride and just re-use it's old track and building for a new ride based on characters that most people won't remember anymore and most kids won't even know at all..
                  I never really liked the Critter Country concept, so that's why I gave it a new name. You're right though, it is a little clunky. I'll think of a new name. Pooh needs to be replaced because the lackluster ride can't be expanded because there is no room, therefor, its kind of hopeless to make the ride better. I'll explain where the new ride will be built soon. I may reconsider the Humphry dark ride though...


                  Thanks very much for your comments! I appreciate them. Now let's continue:

                  Fontierland will get a small bit of a makeover. The vegitation will be cut down on so it can give a more desert feel ( mainly around the BTMRR area ). A few more shops and buildings will be built around the BTMRR area that give the impression of a Clint Eastwood type of gold rush town.

                  As we move onto Fantaseyland, I now will explain the new Pooh. The enterance will be built over the old sky way station. The facade will be made to resemble a giant open story book like the TDL version. The ride building its self would be located behind the big thunder trail area and in the Big Thunder Ranch. I don't know if this ride would be trackless like the TDL version, but it will have a load of new effects, more show scenes, and better animatronics. There is even a scene where you're traveling forward, and Tigger bounces along side your car ( similar to the jumping Brer Rabbit animatronic in the WDW splash mountain ).

                  Peter Pan will mostly stay the same, but newer animatronics are added, including new advanced sword fighting animatonics of Peter Pan and hook ( like some of the DLP POTC swordfighting pirate animatronics ) and fiber optics will be added to each pirate Galleon to look like they've been sprinkled with pixi dust for the finale.

                  All of the other Fantaseyland rides will pretty much stay the same except for a few minor tweaks like toning down the volume on Toad. Snow White however, would be getting a major overhaul. I've never really liked the sequence of events that the ride portrays. And that's coming up next, along with some small Toon Town tweaks, and a whole Tomorrowland revamp! Stay tuned.
                  Do you fear death? You fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bail. All your sins PUNISHED.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disneyland Resort Improvements

                    Originally posted by MasterGracey
                    I had read somewhere that the machine is still up there. From what I understood, the way it's installation was flawed and when it broke, they couldnt fix it because it would have created too much hassle and would have required some demolition to the area around it in order to get it down and fix it, etc.... I don't know if any of that's true, but that's all I've ever heard of that effect..

                    Your dad is/was an Imagineer?
                    My dad was an Imagineer in the 80s and 90s, and he was laid off in the late 90s (I don't know the exact years). He was in the special effects department. He did a lot of small projects but I haven't talked to him about any specific ones in awhile. The only thing I can remember him telling me is that his first project was the explosion in Mr. Toads WR (just a bunch of multicolored strobe lights, but a cool effect nonetheless). As for the ice machine in Indiana Jones, he might have advised against it just because it would be hard to manage or fix if there was a problem, I'll ask him about it when he gets home later.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disneyland Resort Improvements

                      Moving right along:

                      The track in Snow White will remain the same, but the show scenes will be dramatically changed around. The loading area will be changed to keep the castle themeing, but more light hearted than the qeue with vine covered stone wall, ect. The former Dwarf cottage will be changed to the castle court yard scene where Snow White sings "I'm Wishing" in the wishing well, while the queen enviously stares down at her from above on the castle turrets. It then moves into the magic mirror scene ( in the former place of the spying queen animatronic ) where a projected Mirror says that Snow White is fairest one of all. Next is the former dwarf mine which is changed to the dungeon scene where the queen sits in front of a table of potions and morph into the witch. Then it moves to the scene with the witch in front of the cauldron making the poisen apple. Then in the former mirror/ dungeon scenes is where the ride takes a very brief race through the evil forrest with a quick transition into the dwarf mine with loads of fiber optics. Then in the former evil forrest scene, the dwarf silly song scene in the cottage will take place there, with the witch offering the apple to snow white at the end of the scene. Then it moves into the Dwarf chase scene and witch's death. Then in the former witch's death scene, that's where the Prince charming kissing snow white will be, THEN you come to the happily ever after painting. I

                      Its unnessessary, sure, but its just wishful thinking.

                      I love Toon Town. Its my favourite land, but here are the possible improvements for it:

                      BRING BACK THE TROLLIES! *ahem*

                      Lose the Rescue Rangers theme of Gadget's go coaster. That show is hardly known anymore. I say, make it themed to Gyro Gearloose, or Ludwig Von Drake.

                      Goofy's bounce house it okay for kids, but I think they can do more with the concept. Personally, I'd to see it replaced with a dark ride where Goofy gives tours of his house, but knowing that its his house, alot of stuff is amiss which makes way for fun visual gags, and cool optical illusions.

                      Tomorrowland is next!
                      Do you fear death? You fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bail. All your sins PUNISHED.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disneyland Resort Improvements

                        Originally posted by Imagineer8689
                        That's pretty much what I had in mind. When Mara says "Foolish Mortals! You looked into my eyes." then fire pops up on both sides of the idol. That would be cool.
                        I like that, when you said "Chamber of Destiny" I thought of the room with the doors, where Mara picks your destiny. Fire flaring up after you look into Mara's eyes would be really cool, and even some more dramatic lighting effects in that room.


                        Originally posted by Imagineer8689
                        Actually, there have been many seriouse rumors floating around that it could happen. There is, surprisingly enough, loads of room in POTC's backstage areas. Its so expansive that many CMs have gotten lost.
                        I've read the rumors, but from what I heard, there just isn't enoguh room for so many new show scenes... It's interesting that you say CMs get lost back there - I've never heard that before!


                        Originally posted by Imagineer8689
                        Fontierland will get a small bit of a makeover. The vegitation will be cut down on so it can give a more desert feel ( mainly around the BTMRR area ). A few more shops and buildings will be built around the BTMRR area that give the impression of a Clint Eastwood type of gold rush town.
                        I like the enhancement of the desert feel. Good idea.

                        Originally posted by Imagineer8689
                        As we move onto Fantaseyland, I now will explain the new Pooh. The enterance will be built over the old sky way station. The facade will be made to resemble a giant open story book like the TDL version. The ride building its self would be located behind the big thunder trail area and in the Big Thunder Ranch. I don't know if this ride would be trackless like the TDL version, but it will have a load of new effects, more show scenes, and better animatronics. There is even a scene where you're traveling forward, and Tigger bounces along side your car ( similar to the jumping Brer Rabbit animatronic in the WDW splash mountain ).
                        Pooh fits in nicely at WDW's Fantasyland... but with our much different themeing in the area I think Pooh would throw it off.. I just don't like the idea of Pooh in Fantasyland...



                        Originally posted by Imagineer8689
                        I love Toon Town. Its my favourite land, but here are the possible improvements for it:

                        BRING BACK THE TROLLIES! *ahem*
                        Agreed. Jolly Trolly should return.

                        Originally posted by Imagineer8689
                        Lose the Rescue Rangers theme of Gadget's go coaster. That show is hardly known anymore. I say, make it themed to Gyro Gearloose, or Ludwig Von Drake.
                        While Rescue Rangers may be hardly known now, the other options you suggested have become just as equally obscure.. All of the classic Disney cartoons have become old and forgotten ever since Disney started making boring, unimaginative shows.


                        Originally posted by Imagineer8689
                        Tomorrowland is next!
                        I'm excited for what you have in mind for Tomorrowland.
                        Again, nice ideas! Even if I don't agree with them all, I think you've got the right idea with a lot of it

                        Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disneyland Resort Improvements

                          heres a thought on the tree.

                          move it to toontown. theme it to gummy bears.
                          they lived in a tree didnt they?
                          or even better why not make an entire bear area in DCA. its halfway there anyway with grizzly river rapids and the play area. why not have the gummy bears tree there! or even a drop ride based on the bears jumping out the tree.

                          take it and run with it!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disneyland Resort Improvements

                            Originally posted by Imagineer8689

                            A the park entry way in between DL and DCA, a giant fountain similar to the one at HKDL will be placed there. One it, a Scorcerer Mickey statue sits on top directing the water and waves. At the base is where the rest of the fab five characters are at. Every twenty minuites, the fountain comes alive with dancing water set to Disney music. At night, colored lights add to the spectacle.
                            Great idea! Love that fountain.
                            Originally posted by Imagineer8689
                            The Disneyland RR will change the seats in each train to fae forward instead of having some face the side. The Gand Canyon diorama will be moved so that it is encountered in Frontierland behind Big Thunder Ranch ( it would make more sence to go through the Grand Canyon in Frontierland wouldn't it? Plus it would fill up more space back there. ) It would also make more room for the Primevil World Diorama to expand. More advanced AAs will be placed, and show scenes will take place on both sides of the train.
                            Makes sense, but not the first thing I would do. Also there's not much space
                            there: The berm by JC is literally right there next to the train, then it goes
                            right over Indy (tunnel). This would take major rework of either Indy or JC.
                            Originally posted by Imagineer8689
                            The Indiana Jones Adventure will be upgraded to have more amazing special effects like fire the the Chamber of Destiny scene, cooler lightning effects in the tunnel of torment, and the return of the collapsing roof effect ( the ice box that made brick looking ice fall from the cieling, ). Other encounters could include things like attacking deamons ( projected ones replacing the bad rat on vine effect ) and tumbling statues that nearly crush your vehicle.
                            Overall, I agree. However, I'm not sure about "deamons". I would lend more
                            toward Indian/thai mummies.
                            [QUOTE=Imagineer8689]
                            Tarzan's Treehouse will return to Swiss Family Treehouse.
                            [QUOTE]
                            Sorry, this one should be either removed or at least kept. Tarzan is
                            a lot more pertinent than Swiss Family Treehouse.
                            Originally posted by Imagineer8689
                            POTC will recieve the movie upgrades, but the rumored ones that take place at night. The classic ride will the same during the day, but at night, the boats switch to where boat storage currently is, where scenes dipicting Jack Sparrow and Will Turner saving the town from Captain Barbossa's skeleton crew.
                            Yup already rumored in many other places. Interesting concept. There is some
                            room as well as PoTC already extends beyond the berm.
                            Originally posted by Imagineer8689
                            Critter Country will be rethemed and Renamed to "Back Country Woods" The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh will be removed from the building ( and moved to another location which I will explain about later ) and a new ride will be put in its place. It will be a dark ride based off of the Ranger Woodlore and Humphry the bear Disney cartoons.
                            Yikes, Sorry "Back Country Woods" doesn't do anything for me.
                            Although I also like Humphry, I doubt that another dark ride of sufficient
                            length could be placed there.

                            Just my two cents...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disneyland Resort Improvements

                              Once again, I appreciate your comments! Thanks alot guys! Its great to see people's imput and it also let's me know that people are actually reading them.

                              BTW, does anyone have any suggestions for the Critter Country/ Back Country Woods re-name?

                              Now, there's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away! Yes, its time for Tomorrowland.

                              Alright, now, the new paint scheme in Tomorrowland is a VAST improvement over the old rusty looking colors, however, it still doesn't convey its theme very well. All you see are just blue colored buildings with a couple of murals. So all of the buildings will be refurbed and will have exterior designs similar to the WDW tomorrowland with lots of silver, blue, purple, and grey colors. Many metal and stainless steel architecture with a hint of Buck Rogers make up the styles of the buildings. At night, tons of neon colos of blue, green, red, purle, and orange make it beautiful.

                              Astro Orbiter will move back to its old spot on the old People Mover platform. It will also get redesigned similar to a cross between the WDW, and HKDL versions. It will also be renamed to "The Orbitron." Sound effects and onboard music add to the excitement to the ride.

                              Buzz is great, but if I were to improve it, I would get rid of the "Toy Universe" theme, and just simply give it a more realistic, yet cartoony approach. I'd also add alot more fifties version of the future that you would see on a bunch of the old Tomorrowland episodes on the Disneyland show. I'd also cut down on the card-board cut outs.

                              Star Tours is crawling on its knees and begging for a rehab. So, I shall grant it one. As you enter, the following destinations are advertised: Corescant, Endor, Yavin, and Naboo. Things like the saftey video will be completely redone to be more up to date. All the Star Speeder 3000s will be redesigned to look more futuristic, and digital projectors will be installed. All of the flight footage will be redone with CGI effects, and video screens on the doors and some of the roof act as "windows" to give you the feeling that you're in the middle of the action. With each destination, you get a different space battle. For Naboo, you get the trade federation battle, for Yavin, you get the first Death Star battle complete with trench, for Endor, you get the second death star battle, and for Corescant, you get the giant Seperatist battle ( where buzz droids try to buzz into your ship ) And of corse, you leave with the ship all banged up no thanks to your droid pilot.

                              The old Rocket Rods track all over the place will be completely destroyed. But a new one will be built ( mostly along side the buildings ) and the People Mover will make a triumphant return! But it will be somewhat different though. The tracks will get canopies over them, a new sci-fi type of narration is added, and the name will change to "The Tomorrowland Transit Authority" like WDW's. The reason why I want the tracks along side the buildings is because I always thought that the current track blocks the view into TL. Just IMHO.

                              Space Mountain is perfect the way it is. But I'd move the enterance around a bit. The main attraction sign and qeue enterance will be moved to the old HISTA enterance instead of off to the side, because it always kinda looked like SM was HISTA.

                              As for HISTA, buh-bye! So long! See ya! A new 3-D show will take its place. The enterance and qeue will be built in the Star Cade. The story is that you're at the metropolis science center, and a Robot scientist is showing off his latest inventions. His latest, a time transporter. But, it back fires ( similar to HISTA in premise, but better ) and the whole theater is sent back through time, where the audience is menaced by dinosaurs and other encounters.

                              I'm gonna take a break. Its late, and I'm tired. So, there will be more tomorrow.
                              Do you fear death? You fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bail. All your sins PUNISHED.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X