Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picnic Package. Which colored seating area did you get?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Picnic Package. Which colored seating area did you get?

I was wondering which colored seating area people got that reserved the package online? Is it all in the same colored section or do they hand out the sections at random? Wouldn't be fair if someone bought the package and got say Blue (a good section) and another person got orange (least desirable). Let me know how it works. Thanks!
    Last edited by ILikeRides; 06-12-2010, 11:07 AM.

Re: Picnic Package. Which colored seating area did you get?

I purchased two picnic meals yesterday at the park (so I got the second show) and my passes said "Yellow". Not a bad section in my opinion. I then went to where you are to meet before and asked a CM where the "prefered section of yellow" was. She looked so confused! She informed me and my friend that it was all the same within the section, but she got a manager to verify. The manager was also confused. Note that they were both aware I didnt purchase the Grotto or Trattoria meals, it was a picnic. Well, that Manager then got on her headset and contacted one of her managers to ask where we were to go. He said to go to the prefered line! Yay! So we finally get to the Guy Manager and he points to the line we are going to. We finally made it! I do not know if anyone else who purchased a picnic got put into a colored section or prefered, but with a little questioning, I ended up standing next to a railing with no obstructions at the play fountain area of the prefered standing area! It was AMAZING! (Shout out to Managers****, ****, ****, and **** for helping us to not be so confused!)
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 06-12-2010, 02:52 PM. Reason: CM name removed for privacy/board policy

Comment

Thanks for the reply DD. Hopefully, they will let all picnic diners into preferred.

Comment

Hopefully my trip goes that smoothly on Monday!

Comment

WOC: Does Picnic always = yellow section??

If so, this is a very good thing for picnic people, as, yellow section, from where I saw the show opening night, SO much more superior to watching show on the sides. And, you don't have to get to DCA early for a RANDOMIZED FP that could stick you anywhere (Disney, CHANGE THIS! Reward those who get to park early with a better view!)

BTW, I have to say, the picnics are a very, very good deal. I sampled the European one...Tiramisu, the meats, cheeses, all great. Then a large Coke and a free tote bag, and reservations for centered viewing (hopefully yellow!), well done Disney.

So, are you getting yellow tickets, picnic people? Disney, DONT CHANGE this! Centered viewing for all picnic peeps going to equal great sales for you.

Comment

Re: WOC: Does Picnic always = yellow section??

Originally posted by wocisoverrated View Post
            If so, this is a very good thing for picnic people, as, yellow section, from where I saw the show opening night, SO much more superior to watching show on the sides. And, you don't have to get to DCA early for a RANDOMIZED FP that could stick you anywhere (Disney, CHANGE THIS! Reward those who get to park early with a better view!)

BTW, I have to say, the picnics are a very, very good deal. I sampled the European one...Tiramisu, the meats, cheeses, all great. Then a large Coke and a free tote bag, and reservations for centered viewing (hopefully yellow!), well done Disney.

So, are you getting yellow tickets, picnic people? Disney, DONT CHANGE this! Centered viewing for all picnic peeps going to equal great sales for you.

Several people have mentioned getting other colors. You get seated in a random section, like everyone else with a fastpass. The only section that should be specially centered and reserved is the preferred viewing for people from Ariel's grotto and Trattoria.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyliec89 View Post
              Several people have mentioned getting other colors. You get seated in a random section, like everyone else with a fastpass. The only section that should be specially centered and reserved is the preferred viewing for people from Ariel's grotto and Trattoria.
              Are you 100% sure of this? Did you have this happen to you first hand? As, when I went, all of the tickets were PRE PRINTED, not randomized, in a stack in the cash register lady's hand. All the tickets they had were all for yellow.

I would like to confirm 100% (no guessing please), if picnic = yellow all the time (you can also tell us if you got a picnic and you did NOT get yellow). I am wondering if early bird gets the worm on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by wocisoverrated View Post
                Are you 100% sure of this? Did you have this happen to you first hand? As, when I went, all of the tickets were PRE PRINTED, not randomized, in a stack in the cash register lady's hand. All the tickets they had were all for yellow.

I would like to confirm 100% (no guessing please), if picnic = yellow all the time (you can also tell us if you got a picnic and you did NOT get yellow). I am wondering if early bird gets the worm on this one.
                One thing I was curious about is if my friend and I ordered separately online for the same date, would we still get the same relative spots if we picked up at the same time?from the sounds of it, we would since they are given out in a certain order eater than when you place your order.

Comment

After reading all the information (or I hope all of it) it looks like the best option for our family is the picnic meal. The one thing I'm unclear on is what time people are lining up with their tickets for the show. If we are not going to take the whole day off of work, what time should we pick up the picnic at and when should we line up? If someone could fill me in on that detail, I would really appreciate it.

Comment

I'm still a little confused.. could someone explain the difference between the picnic package and the regular "fastpass" seating?

Comment

Originally posted by Minnie Momma View Post
                      After reading all the information (or I hope all of it) it looks like the best option for our family is the picnic meal. The one thing I'm unclear on is what time people are lining up with their tickets for the show. If we are not going to take the whole day off of work, what time should we pick up the picnic at and when should we line up? If someone could fill me in on that detail, I would really appreciate it.
                      After getting our tickets, we strolled in like ROYALTY with ZERO wait with our tickets. No need to stand in any long pre line. Got there at 8P, opening night, got a perfect spot, chill for 30 minutes, watch the horrible pre-show, then, the big show.

Comment

Here is what I am 100 percent certain of, no guessing at all.

1. I ordered a picnic meal for June 11 for the 9pm showing. I received a pre-printed ticket for the BLUE section when I picked up my meal.
                        2. When you buy a picnic you get reserved viewing. This means that you get a FP without waiting in line. That's it. Some CM's did not know this on opening day and they let picnic buyers into the preferred viewing area. That was not supposed to happen.
                        3. The preferred viewing area is given to people who purchase dining packages at Ariels or Trattoria. That viewing area does not have any color associated with it. It is simply known as preferred viewing.
                        3. Since the tickets are pre-printed and handed to you at the same time you pick up your picnic, a group buying a picnic should get the same area.
                        4. The FP's for the 9pm show say to arrive between 7:30 and 8:30. However, on opening day they opened PPark early. So, my suggestion is to hang out near the ropes and wait, even though they will tell you to leave.

All of this information is found in the other WOC threads. Maybe we need a sticky just about the dining plans, so it is all in one place.

Comment

i dont care where i sit

Comment

My friends and I got the blue section. I'm so happy that we paid for the picnic package, because I would have so upset if I had to wait in a huge line, for a fastpass, to get a crappy viewing area. Totally worth the price.

Comment

Is there a map available as to where each section is? To me, the entire park area is my preferred viewing area so I'm left to wonder where the other sections are.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X