Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World of Color Question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] World of Color Question

    I am going to Disneyland in early August and I was hoping someone could give me some tips on how to land a good spot to view World of Color. Does staying at the Grand Californian give guests any advantage in the process? If so, how? What is the best way to reserve a spot? Should I wait in line at park opening for the fastpass, or should I reserve a dining/boxed meal package? Tips are much appreciated!
    Thanks,
    MK

  • #2
    Re: World of Color Question

    Your best bet is to make a Dining Reservation at either Ariel's Grotto in Paradise Pier or the Trattoria in Golden State. The preferred viewing area for WoC for diners of these eateries provides an excellent view.

    The Picnic option works in 2 ways:

    1.) Pre-Ordering the picnic gets you a regular WoC FP for the first show

    2.) Walk-ins (meaning you go buy it on your visit) gets you a WoC FP for the second show

    If you don't want to do either option, it's important to be there at park opening. The earlier you are, the better chances of getting the first show at a better spot (FPs assign you a viewing section and showtime)


    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: World of Color Question

      Okay. Thanks!! That helps a lot.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: World of Color Question

        Does anyone know how to go about getting passes for a LATER show? If I can't get there until the second showing, am I just trying my luck with the timing of getting a pass, or do specific machines give out specific times? I'm going to go for it tomorrow night, but the only time I can stand in line is in the morning and it's doubtful if I can make it back by the first show.

        Also...picnics look like they are sold out through June 30th, so that's not an option either.


        Do people just show up in the fast pass line and take what they get? If I wanted the 3rd showing, should I just show up after 1 PM?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: World of Color Question

          there's no set time as to when the later or third showing starts to get distributed. your best bet would he to hang out near the fastpass area asking people what showtime they're getting before you jump in line..
          -plagued

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: World of Color Question

            Originally posted by XxDisney View Post
            I am going to Disneyland in early August and I was hoping someone could give me some tips on how to land a good spot to view World of Color. Does staying at the Grand Californian give guests any advantage in the process? If so, how? What is the best way to reserve a spot? Should I wait in line at park opening for the fastpass, or should I reserve a dining/boxed meal package? Tips are much appreciated!
            Thanks,
            MK
            If feasible do the Dining Package.

            If not, you'll have a jump on the main gate when you go to get your fast passes. The Fast Pass machine's they are using are the Grizzly River Rapids FP's. So, your entrance to the spot is right there.

            My wife and I went back the day after our dining package to get fast passes for that night's show. We were nowhere near the front of the line and still ended up with 9:00 tickets after about a 30-40 minute wait in line.

            Keep in mind that everyone you are getting fast passes for MUST BE IN THE PARK. So you can't take everyone's pass down, while they finish getting ready or sleep in, and get fast passes for them.

            I saw a lady (about 3-4 people in front of me) with about 7-10 APs in her hand and she was PISSED that they would only give her a pass for her ticket because she was the only one in the park (how you could possibly be mad about that, I'll never know).

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: World of Color Question

              Originally posted by plagued View Post
              there's no set time as to when the later or third showing starts to get distributed. your best bet would he to hang out near the fastpass area asking people what showtime they're getting before you jump in line..
              Gah! I was afraid of this. I think the latest I can stay is 1:00, so I'll roll the dice and see if I can get into the second show. I need to be out of that line by 1 pm.

              Thanks for the advice.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: World of Color Question

                Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
                Gah! I was afraid of this. I think the latest I can stay is 1:00, so I'll roll the dice and see if I can get into the second show. I need to be out of that line by 1 pm.

                Thanks for the advice.
                On Monday, by 11:30, the line was almost all the way back to the Blue Cellar. I waited for 30-40 minutes (even after being at the gate for 9:30 gate opening) and I started right about where the FP machines are. To make the loop took about 30-40 minutes.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: World of Color Question

                  Okay. Good to know. Thanks!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: World of Color Question

                    Originally posted by disneyrand1 View Post
                    If feasible do the Dining Package.

                    If not, you'll have a jump on the main gate when you go to get your fast passes. The Fast Pass machine's they are using are the Grizzly River Rapids FP's. So, your entrance to the spot is right there.

                    My wife and I went back the day after our dining package to get fast passes for that night's show. We were nowhere near the front of the line and still ended up with 9:00 tickets after about a 30-40 minute wait in line.

                    Keep in mind that everyone you are getting fast passes for MUST BE IN THE PARK. So you can't take everyone's pass down, while they finish getting ready or sleep in, and get fast passes for them.

                    I saw a lady (about 3-4 people in front of me) with about 7-10 APs in her hand and she was PISSED that they would only give her a pass for her ticket because she was the only one in the park (how you could possibly be mad about that, I'll never know).

                    Okay. Good to know. Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: World of Color Question

                      I just posted a huge review of the WOC show and about the fast passes and dining options. It will answer most of your questions. It's called Ariel's Grotto & WOC Review.
                      Life is far too short for bland food!


                      Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
                      You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
                      Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
                      Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
                      Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: World of Color Question

                        New question: heading down tomorrow to DL, as early as possible, of course my intentions is WOC. How early prior to DCA's opening should I line up for a Fastpass (in a GOOD viewing area) guarantee?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: World of Color Question

                          Both times i was there around 11:30am last sat and sun i got orange section for the second show both times if that means anything.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: World of Color Question

                            Orange = good?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: World of Color Question

                              there's really no horrible seat as long as you have a FP.. although the mist screens do angle a bit toward blue/yellow a bit more.

                              the colors are just where you are from left to right.. you still get to choose if you want the front (wet zone), middle, or back; given you're there early enough by your return time to have the freedom to choose before the rest of the people in your color-area fill up the spaces
                              -plagued

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X