Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

    I always have wondered what the inside of the Haunted Mansion looked liked (the actual mansion building)...and I'm assuming its office spaces/storage or something...but would anyone have pictures of this?

  • #2
    Re: Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

    You'd be hard pressed, since this'd be "off stage" and CM's aren't really allowed to post these sorts of pics. We can work on some simple assumptions though, the upper floor is empty, to accomodate the Stretching Rooms and that any offices (i assume) would be in the Showbuilding.

    I'll happily get proven wrong though, i'm a fan of backstage areas.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

      Originally posted by Joelio View Post
      You'd be hard pressed, since this'd be "off stage" and CM's aren't really allowed to post these sorts of pics. We can work on some simple assumptions though, the upper floor is empty, to accomodate the Stretching Rooms and that any offices (i assume) would be in the Showbuilding.

      I'll happily get proven wrong though, i'm a fan of backstage areas.
      I'm not really a fan of when people take backstage photos...but the Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride ever...I bought $50 worth of merchandise yesterday XD...and now that I live so close to DLR I go all the time...so hopefully one day I will see the inside of the facade

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

        I would love to see the inside.
        The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
        fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
        JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

          Originally posted by Joelio View Post

          I'll happily get proven wrong though, i'm a fan of backstage areas.
          Sign me up for a backstage tour!
          sigpic

          This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

            There's a cast member break room in the back, sorta between the two stretching rooms. Looks like a pretty standard break room. I believe there's also space for accessing the windows and so forth on the upper floors, and some space up above the foyer, but I don't really know what that looks like in there. Then there are the pits for the two stretching room elevators down below...all concrete, rather eerie.

            Joelio's guess is correct: most of the attraction's important backstage areas are inside the show building. Still, the majority of the space is taken up by the show scenes themselves.

            (Not that I've experienced any of these areas in person, nor taken photos of them. But I've been curious about these things for a while, and information finds its way to me.)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

              Also put me on this list, isn't there a door way to get out on that walk-way on the second story? Ive seen pix of jack and sally up there when the HMH is up. (off topic :P) they should do some sort of show up there for the queue while the HMH is up. (on topic) it'd be sick to see the inside, just average breakroom or not

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

                Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                Sign me up for a backstage tour!
                I'll happily class this as a blatent joke that i'm not getting.

                EDIT: I could only speak for PM by the way, i'm still finding my feet at the HM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

                  Originally posted by Joelio View Post
                  I'll happily class this as a blatent joke that i'm not getting.

                  EDIT: I could only speak for PM by the way, i'm still finding my feet at the HM.
                  @_@ *confused* you work at one of the mansions?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

                    Nope, I do not work at one of the mansions, I'm sure its a reference to my location. Shame its not my "actual" location

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

                      Originally posted by AllyIsAPirate View Post
                      Also put me on this list, isn't there a door way to get out on that walk-way on the second story? Ive seen pix of jack and sally up there when the HMH is up. (off topic :P) they should do some sort of show up there for the queue while the HMH is up. (on topic) it'd be sick to see the inside, just average breakroom or not
                      Yep the balcony was used during the HM 40th event in Sept. 2009. So there has to be a floor/access to the second floor....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

                        I'll sign a paper, and pay a good penny to see the backstage of HM, or any of the rides at DL & DCA.



                        "Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

                          Greetings.....I have been in there and all through the building. The "behind the house wall" facade is surprisingly simple. It's unfinished... as in no interior wall board. There's a tight 2 feet of space in some cases between the house wall and the elevator wall. Inside the "house" wall, you see the back of the siding, and 2x6 'es running vertically. There is a structural steel main frame for the house. If you were there behind a window, you could move a curtain or shade and look out. On the elevator side, you see the back of the elevator walls, supported by red painted structural steel frame with various cables etc. running up and down that pull the wall sections up when it operates. If you look up, you can also see the roll up mechanisms for the "paintings". Bare concrete floor... Very simple, non eventful... with some real dust. There is access to the balcony and over the top of the elevator cabin for maintenance of the lighting and "ghost host" swinger mechanism. Below each elevator floor, is a large, concrete walled basement room, dark and musty, with a giant hydraulic cylinder shaft ( about 14 inches in diameter) in the center that lowers the elevator... just like the old cylinders that used to lift cars in service stations. Obviously, you cant be in that room when the attraction is operating. There's a concrete room between the elevator shafts in the basement that houses the hydraulic pump, and deadens the noise so it cant be heard in the elevators. Hope this helps.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

                            @marja: Interesting description, but I was hoping for something really unusual, like the basketball hoop in the top of the Matterhorn facade.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Does anyone have pictures from inside the Haunted Mansion facade?e

                              Originally posted by marja View Post
                              Greetings.....I have been in there and all through the building. The "behind the house wall" facade is surprisingly simple. It's unfinished... as in no interior wall board. There's a tight 2 feet of space in some cases between the house wall and the elevator wall. Inside the "house" wall, you see the back of the siding, and 2x6 'es running vertically. There is a structural steel main frame for the house. If you were there behind a window, you could move a curtain or shade and look out. On the elevator side, you see the back of the elevator walls, supported by red painted structural steel frame with various cables etc. running up and down that pull the wall sections up when it operates. If you look up, you can also see the roll up mechanisms for the "paintings". Bare concrete floor... Very simple, non eventful... with some real dust. There is access to the balcony and over the top of the elevator cabin for maintenance of the lighting and "ghost host" swinger mechanism. Below each elevator floor, is a large, concrete walled basement room, dark and musty, with a giant hydraulic cylinder shaft ( about 14 inches in diameter) in the center that lowers the elevator... just like the old cylinders that used to lift cars in service stations. Obviously, you cant be in that room when the attraction is operating. There's a concrete room between the elevator shafts in the basement that houses the hydraulic pump, and deadens the noise so it cant be heard in the elevators. Hope this helps.
                              Great post and welcome to MiceChat!
                              sigpic

                              This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X