This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] DCA Magic of the Movies

OK, I was thinking about Hollywood at DCA and there really isn’t anything Hollywood about it (well…what you see in the movies I mean.) so what if they added a walk through type of an attraction through different movie sound stages and well because this is California the final and biggest set would be an earthquake. Tell me what you guys think?

Blue-the reworked backstage parade route
    Yellow- the red car trolleys
    Orange- connecter of Hollywood to Bugsland
    Green/Red-show building
    Green/pink – shops and dinning
    Black line- gate to backstage
    Last edited by DreamImagineCreate; 07-14-2010, 09:39 PM.
    sigpic

Re: DCA Magic of the Movies

too much like universal
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

:ap: Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings :ap:

Comment

Umm, I would agree!
      But the whole, Red line blue line and all that line, I dont understand...
      I am Scary Scott,
      Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
      I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
      Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
      Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
      Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
      Originally posted by Karalora
      This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
      Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
      Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

I didnt notice that part... what does it mean?
        ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Comment

if they were to change it to theme it more like Hollywood they should do something like a disney wax museum , little tourist type attractions that would obviously be much better because they are disney and well thought out
          ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Comment

I can't see the picture
            Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
            July 13th-18th
            November 19th-25th

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
              I can't see the picture
              Neither can I.

Comment

does this work?
                sigpic

Comment

Well first of all let me say that I do believe the backstage parade route parades right through Carsland and the area you have chosen for the showbuilding is the roundhouse for the red car trolley (I do believe I could be very very wrong).

As for the actual attraction I don't really understand what it is a walkthrough of Universal's tram tour? What would it showcase? And the only scene you mentioned the earthquake one sounds interesting but I don't think it would fit thematically within the land unless the premise is you are in a soundstage during a real earthquake. Other than that you didn't really give much of an idea of what the attraction is.
                  Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
                  Grizzly Peak Mining District

Comment

I like the idea of Hollywoodland needed more of that "film"
                    Instead of a walk-thru it could probly best work as an interactive experiences where guests are the star.(IDK something from the top of my head)
                    I'll always thought they should make a clone of the great movie ride or a shorter version of the backlot tour both found at DHS
                    Originally posted by MainStreetJake
                    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
                    Originally posted by williamtheking
                    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
                    Mike Skellington
                    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

Comment

I wouldn't do that, it seems like too much space for that. But I think a small walk-through exhibit that featured a mix of costumes, props and maquettes from Disney movies could be a great addition. I would make some of the space dedicated to stuff they could bring over from the archives and the rest for an area to feature coming releases.
                      The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                      -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSkellington View Post
                        I like the idea of Hollywoodland needed more of that "film"
                        Instead of a walk-thru it could probly best work as an interactive experiences where guests are the star.(IDK something from the top of my head)
                        I'll always thought they should make a clone of the great movie ride or a shorter version of the backlot tour both found at DHS
                        As much as DCA needs those rides i hate how WDW and DL always have copies of the same rides. I would like different rides at both resorts.
                        I <3 Disneyland California
                        &
                        <3
                        California Adventure

December 15, 1966 - Also known as the saddest day in world history.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X