• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ride Warrior
    Iron-Clad Allie
    • Feb 2005

Video Sneek Peek: Animatic Mock-Up Of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIYR0FFdVFY&feature=PlayList&p=AB084E126A2 B8D0A&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=28]YouTube - Sneak peek of Mater's Junkyard Jubilee in Cars Land at Disney's California Adventure[/ame]

The visual demonstrates how truely cool this ride will be. You will feel the crazy kinenetic energy while you whip to the left and the right as your tractor trailer changes direction to jamin' county music. Here we go, dosey doe...Mater's get down, go to town, spin around boogie!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIEyAtgvyqs]YouTube - Brooks and Dunn - Boot Scootin' Boogie[/ame]
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

re: Sneek Peek: Animatic Mock-Up Of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

Mach or mock? Is the American spelling different?

Comment

• padgerfan
      MiceChatter
      • Jan 2010

Looks pretty sick. Cant wait for 2012!!!!!!

Comment

• Uncle Bob
        MiceChatter
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
        No, it should be mock-up.
        Please check out my website, UncleBobDisneyGuy.com!

Thanks for your support!

Comment

• Ride Warrior
          Iron-Clad Allie
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
          Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
          No, it should be mock-up.
          Thanks guys. I have had the spelling changed in the thread title.
          Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-19-2010, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Ride Warrior
            Iron-Clad Allie
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by padgerfan View Post
            Looks pretty sick. Cant wait for 2012!!!!!!
            Yeah. The dynamics of this ride are going to take you all over the place!
            Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-19-2010, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• KEBSD
              13 Year Annual Passholder
              • Sep 2009

Also, it is called Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, not Jubilee.
              Thanks very much for the video!

^Art by me!
              Check out my
              Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
              You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
              Visit my
              Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
              Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

• ttztotdca50
                MiceChatter
                • Jan 2005

Dang that's cool! I can't wait to ride... it looks like Francis' Ladybug Boogie got upgraded!!
                "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                  Iron-Clad Allie
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
                  Also, it is called Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, not Jubilee.
                  Thanks very much for the video!
                  Thank you too, KEBSD. The vid title used the word "Jubilee", and I blindly followed suit.

Originally posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
                  Dang that's cool! I can't wait to ride... it looks like Francis' Ladybug Boogie got upgraded!!
                  Yeah. Francis' Ladybug Boogy is too edgy and fast. They need to slow it down and add shoulder harnesses.

Comment

• KEBSD
                    13 Year Annual Passholder
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                    Thank you too, KEBSD. The vid title used the word "Jubilee", and I blindly followed suit.
                    No problem :P

^Art by me!
                    Check out my
                    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
                    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
                    Visit my
                    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
                    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

• Disney Romantic
                      Not a Crook
                      • Sep 2009

This is an interesting use of existing ride design to create a new experience. Theoretically, it's the Francis ride that just covers 2 or 3 times the area. The swinging seats should, theoretically, make for a more thrilling ride both in motion, and the sensation that you're going to crash into your fellow riders and other things. The only thing that worries me is that animatic doesn't show the claustrophobic theming displayed in most concept art. With the theming, I'm sure it'll seem wild even if it isn't that intense, but without it, it does seem kind of dull.
                      "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                        Iron-Clad Allie
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
                        This is an interesting use of existing ride design to create a new experience. Theoretically, it's the Francis ride that just covers 2 or 3 times the area. The swinging seats should, theoretically, make for a more thrilling ride both in motion, and the sensation that you're going to crash into your fellow riders and other things. The only thing that worries me is that animatic doesn't show the claustrophobic theming displayed in most concept art. With the theming, I'm sure it'll seem wild even if it isn't that intense, but without it, it does seem kind of dull.
                        Regardless of the intensity or unadorned dynamics of any given ride, compelling theming helps to heighten the experience...making it much more lively.

Comment

• bee1000
                          Keepin' it calsteady
                          • Oct 2006

Re: Sneek Peek: Animatic Mock-Up Of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

I shouldn't judge things by these Youtube videos, but between this and the hovering tires video, Carsland is looking more like a county fair than a Disney park.

Comment

• Disney Romantic
                            Not a Crook
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by bee1000 View Post
                            I shouldn't judge things by these Youtube videos, but between this and the hovering tires video, Carsland is looking more like a county fair than a Disney park.
                            I don't think you can judge too much based on these two threads. Both the animatic and the flying tires testing is concerned with the mechanics of the rides. This is about the same as the marquee Cars Land attraction, which is currently a car going around a big dirt ditch. Theming of the environment and vehicles is what will make or break these attractions, as with most things Disney. It's even possible that the Flying Tires will end up more visually interesting than the lost Tomorrowland ride that inspired them.
                            "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

• Golden Goofy
                              For Narnia and for Aslan!
                              • Aug 2009

Sweet! Thanks for the video! I can already feel myslef spinning around :P
                              You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

"To live would be an awfully big adventure."

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                                MiceChatter
                                • Feb 2005

This doesn't seem very different than LadyBug Boogie that is what, 200 feet away from where this will be? Looks like the only difference is the theming and the fact that the trailers spin.

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                                  Iron-Clad Allie
                                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
                                  I don't think you can judge too much based on these two threads. Both the animatic and the flying tires testing is concerned with the mechanics of the rides. This is about the same as the marquee Cars Land attraction, which is currently a car going around a big dirt ditch. Theming of the environment and vehicles is what will make or break these attractions, as with most things Disney. It's even possible that the Flying Tires will end up more visually interesting than the lost Tomorrowland ride that inspired them.
                                  Junkyard tire theming is definitely demonstrates a higher degree of creativity...just based on the mere idea alone.

Originally posted by Golden Goofy View Post
                                  Sweet! Thanks for the video! I can already feel myslef spinning around :P
                                  The pleasure is all mine, Goofy Goof.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lE_AUvXPjQ"]YouTube- You spin me right round (like a record) Alvin and the chipmunks amv movie scenes[/ame]
                                  Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-19-2010, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                                    Iron-Clad Allie
                                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                                    This doesn't seem very different than LadyBug Boogie that is what, 200 feet away from where this will be? Looks like the only difference is the theming and the fact that the trailers spin.
                                    The fact that the trailers spin should make a tremendous difference...plus the vehicles should be considerably larger than LadyBug Boogy. I agree though, Clinks, that the two flat rides will be essentially similar in terms of functionality. I remember that you had posted in the past that you are a fan of whip rides. Can't wait for Disney to build this one!

Comment

• Ghostbuster626
                                      Banned User
                                      • Jan 2005

looks like its gonna make you sick

Comment

• Flickering Bulb
                                        keh!
                                        • Jul 2005

eh, i'm not convinced that it looks exciting. the early concepts were cool and seemed like you would go around stacks of tires and under arches of tires, it looked fun. but now it's just Francis with an extra circle in the link. that and swaying cars. that's just not enough for me to go crazy over. they may be offering a "new" ride but it certainly feels like a repeat of the past when it comes to building on cheap. it'll be fun for about 20 seconds and before the ride is over i'll be asking "what's next?" then again, disney's spinner rides are always really short, and i may be on and off in 20 seconds, lol.

i hope they smash my doubts.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X