This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Sneek Peek: Animatic Mock-Up Of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIYR0FFdVFY&feature=PlayList&p=AB084E126A2 B8D0A&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=28]YouTube - Sneak peek of Mater's Junkyard Jubilee in Cars Land at Disney's California Adventure[/ame]

The visual demonstrates how truely cool this ride will be. You will feel the crazy kinenetic energy while you whip to the left and the right as your tractor trailer changes direction to jamin' county music. Here we go, dosey doe...Mater's get down, go to town, spin around boogie!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIEyAtgvyqs]YouTube - Brooks and Dunn - Boot Scootin' Boogie[/ame]
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

re: Sneek Peek: Animatic Mock-Up Of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

Mach or mock? Is the American spelling different?

Comment

Looks pretty sick. Cant wait for 2012!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
        No, it should be mock-up.
        The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
        -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
          Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
          No, it should be mock-up.
          Thanks guys. I have had the spelling changed in the thread title.
          Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-19-2010, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by padgerfan View Post
            Looks pretty sick. Cant wait for 2012!!!!!!
            Yeah. The dynamics of this ride are going to take you all over the place!
            Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-19-2010, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Also, it is called Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, not Jubilee.
              Thanks very much for the video!

^Art by me!
              Check out my
              Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
              You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
              Visit my
              Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
              Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

Dang that's cool! I can't wait to ride... it looks like Francis' Ladybug Boogie got upgraded!!
                "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
                  Also, it is called Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, not Jubilee.
                  Thanks very much for the video!
                  Thank you too, KEBSD. The vid title used the word "Jubilee", and I blindly followed suit.

Originally posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
                  Dang that's cool! I can't wait to ride... it looks like Francis' Ladybug Boogie got upgraded!!
                  Yeah. Francis' Ladybug Boogy is too edgy and fast. They need to slow it down and add shoulder harnesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                    Thank you too, KEBSD. The vid title used the word "Jubilee", and I blindly followed suit.
                    No problem :P

^Art by me!
                    Check out my
                    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
                    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
                    Visit my
                    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
                    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

This is an interesting use of existing ride design to create a new experience. Theoretically, it's the Francis ride that just covers 2 or 3 times the area. The swinging seats should, theoretically, make for a more thrilling ride both in motion, and the sensation that you're going to crash into your fellow riders and other things. The only thing that worries me is that animatic doesn't show the claustrophobic theming displayed in most concept art. With the theming, I'm sure it'll seem wild even if it isn't that intense, but without it, it does seem kind of dull.
                      "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
                        This is an interesting use of existing ride design to create a new experience. Theoretically, it's the Francis ride that just covers 2 or 3 times the area. The swinging seats should, theoretically, make for a more thrilling ride both in motion, and the sensation that you're going to crash into your fellow riders and other things. The only thing that worries me is that animatic doesn't show the claustrophobic theming displayed in most concept art. With the theming, I'm sure it'll seem wild even if it isn't that intense, but without it, it does seem kind of dull.
                        Regardless of the intensity or unadorned dynamics of any given ride, compelling theming helps to heighten the experience...making it much more lively.

Comment

Re: Sneek Peek: Animatic Mock-Up Of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

I shouldn't judge things by these Youtube videos, but between this and the hovering tires video, Carsland is looking more like a county fair than a Disney park.

Comment

Originally posted by bee1000 View Post
                            I shouldn't judge things by these Youtube videos, but between this and the hovering tires video, Carsland is looking more like a county fair than a Disney park.
                            I don't think you can judge too much based on these two threads. Both the animatic and the flying tires testing is concerned with the mechanics of the rides. This is about the same as the marquee Cars Land attraction, which is currently a car going around a big dirt ditch. Theming of the environment and vehicles is what will make or break these attractions, as with most things Disney. It's even possible that the Flying Tires will end up more visually interesting than the lost Tomorrowland ride that inspired them.
                            "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for the video! I can already feel myslef spinning around :P
                              You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

"To live would be an awfully big adventure."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X