• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Poisonary
    Purple & Gold
    • Oct 2008

[Question] Losing a Summer Fun pass

One of my friends purchased the Summer Fun Plus pass from the Disney Store and his first use was yesterday. Somewhere over the course of the day he lost it. Because he lost it at DL and we had FPs for World of Color, we brought it up to the ticket booths since he had the receipt, the credit card used to buy it and a handstamp from leaving the parks. Thankfully, they were able to get us a courtesy pass for the rest of the night.

However since it wasn't purchased at the park itself, they couldn't track the ticket and give him a new one. The receipt had the ticket barcode number EXCEPT FOR the last 4 digits, which prevented them from being able to do anything. They told him to fill out a claim at Lost and Found (unlikely it will show up, especially because he didn't sign the back -_-) and bring the receipt back to the Disney Store and see what they can do.

Today, the Disney Store essentially told him that they had no idea why the park told him to go back to them because they couldn't do anything. The general consensus is he's going to have to buy another one if he wants to go again (which he doesn't have the money for), but is there any other avenues we could possibly try before giving up? Not a lot of people were very helpful about this whole situation - in fact the very first time we went to the ticket booth the guy refused to do anything for us. If I hadn't suggested to go back and see if they could phone the Plaza Inn (the place where we THINK he lost it), we wouldn't have spoken to someone else who was much more friendly and willing to help us out. So if there's any other method of communication we've or they've overlooked, please let us know!

Slightly off-topic: The lady at Lost and Found pretty much left her shift in the middle of helping us out. We were standing there for like 15 minutes since she just went to the back without saying anything to us until someone else asked us if we needed help, and we said, "______ is helping us with a lost ticket."
    "Oh... I'm sorry, she's left for the night."

You are now rockin' with the best.
  • SnorkletsMom
    I see mouse people
    • Mar 2008

Re: Losing a Summer Fun pass

That's a lousy thing to have happen to you. There's probably nothing you can do, but I would call Disneyland and try. Explain the situation, be as nice and polite as you possibly can and see if they have any ideas.

Comment

• CMHusband
      Nerd
      • Aug 2009

I would go back to the ticket booths. ask for a lead and be very very nice to them with a super sad face and explain what happened and show them all your paperwork. If your story sounds and looks legitimate they might give you another one - If your story smells of BS at all then you will be out of luck. But you need to ask for a lead. They aren't heartless and do try to help lots of people out all the time.

There are sooo many scammers that try to pull stuff at the ticket booths that they are not quick to just respond to a lost ticket claim. Unfortunatley the crooked few have ruined it for everyone else.
      Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
      Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

• Poisonary
        Purple & Gold
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
        I would go back to the ticket booths. ask for a lead and be very very nice to them with a super sad face and explain what happened and show them all your paperwork. If your story sounds and looks legitimate they might give you another one - If your story smells of BS at all then you will be out of luck. But you need to ask for a lead. They aren't heartless and do try to help lots of people out all the time.

There are sooo many scammers that try to pull stuff at the ticket booths that they are not quick to just respond to a lost ticket claim. Unfortunatley the crooked few have ruined it for everyone else.
        Yeah, I figured losing a ticket would be something that people exploit like crazy. I think the lady who gave us the courtesy pass was a lead -- the CM went and got her when we first explained the story -- but that was all she could do for us. I will suggest going back to my friend and explaining how the Disney Store won't do anything for him, maybe that would help...

You are now rockin' with the best.

Comment

• santadog
          MiceChatter
          • Oct 2009

If your friend bought it with a credit card, he can see if the card issuer offers any sort of buyer protection for lost or stolen purchases. I had a camera ruined once, and the credit card company bought me a new one since I'd used their card to make the original purchase.

Comment

• MatterhornJ
            Disney Fan & Musician

• Mar 2009

You dun goofed.

no, but seriously, go to a lead and tell your story. If they are nice enough, they might give you another.
            Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

• Autopia
              The Tomorrowland One
              • Apr 2007

The only problem with Disney Store tickets is that they CAN NOT be reprinted if lost. There is really nothing that can be done by the ticket booths. It has to do with how the back end activates the cards (They are activated like gift cards, but that can not be used for purchases and instead provide you access to the parks) works.

So, yeah, unless your CC company can reverse the charges or something to that extent, there really isn't much that can be done.

Comment

• CMHusband
                Nerd
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Autopia View Post
                The only problem with Disney Store tickets is that they CAN NOT be reprinted if lost. There is really nothing that can be done by the ticket booths. It has to do with how the back end activates the cards (They are activated like gift cards, but that can not be used for purchases and instead provide you access to the parks) works.

So, yeah, unless your CC company can reverse the charges or something to that extent, there really isn't much that can be done.
                They can make "magic" at ticket booths if they want to. (pixie dust etc)
                Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X