Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

    WDW announced price increases today, and I read elsewhere DLR will announce their new prices on Wednesday.

    The good news is that the WDW increases are smaller than in the last few years. Let's hope the same is true for DLR.
    Crazy Works For Me!

  • #2
    re: It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

    With a million AP's and over crowding in the park, this definitely makes sense.

    Comment


    • #3
      re: It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

      Originally posted by icepenguin77 View Post
      With a million AP's and over crowding in the park, this definitely makes sense.
      Where is the EXACT proof that there are "1 million" APs?

      Comment


      • #4
        re: It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

        Originally posted by Ex-SmallWorld CM View Post
        Where is the EXACT proof that there are "1 million" APs?
        Well a large number of APs wouldn't surprise me, seeing as how two years ago, the place where you get your pass picture taken was usually uncrowded, if not, empty.

        But go to last year and everyday I went to the park there was a huge line coming out. Plus things in general have become more crowded. And if what people say on here are true, the "off season" doesn't really exist anymore due to the large amount of APs.

        But back on topic... I'm wondering how these new prices (if there are any) will effect the crowds.

        Comment


        • #5
          re: It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

          Originally posted by Dual-Screen View Post

          But back on topic... I'm wondering how these new prices (if there are any) will effect the crowds.
          The prices won't effect crowds. The monthly payment plan effects crowds. Paying around $10 a month to go to Disneyland sounds really tempting.

          Please Disney don't raise prices at DLR just do away with the payment plan for starters and see if the numbers drop.

          Comment


          • #6
            re: It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

            Actually WDW did not raise prices today, but that doesn't mean it won't happen soon.
            My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

            Comment


            • #7
              re: It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

              Originally posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
              Please Disney don't raise prices at DLR just do away with the payment plan for starters and see if the numbers drop.
              I really hope that they do this.

              Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post
              Actually WDW did not raise prices today, but that doesn't mean it won't happen soon.
              Well that's some good news!

              Comment


              • #8
                re: It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

                Originally posted by Kasey View Post
                WDW announced price increases today, and I read elsewhere DLR will announce their new prices on Wednesday.

                The good news is that the WDW increases are smaller than in the last few years. Let's hope the same is true for DLR.
                Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post
                Actually WDW did not raise prices today, but that doesn't mean it won't happen soon.


                I assume that while the prices may have been announced, that they do not go into affect yet, and that is where the disagreement is coming from?

                Anyone have a link to illustrate their point?

                Comment


                • #9
                  re: It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

                  I'm very curious as to what the actual increase will be too. I'd think another $10-20 for AP's, and maybe a little less for regular tickets. I agree with many here, an increase in price will not fend off crowds. If your doing a payment plan, who cares if it goes from $8 to $9 a month?? Even with a $20 jump in AP prices, there's no way that people (in general) are going to balk at $20. The philosophy, IMO, of the AP program has to change. Re-examine payment plans, increase AP prices accordingly to what you receive back. Don't get me wrong, more money is more money. I just don't think a small price increase will ease crowds from their present insanity.
                  Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    re: It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

                    Originally posted by Ex-SmallWorld CM View Post
                    Where is the EXACT proof that there are "1 million" APs?
                    I see what you did there!


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      re: It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

                      Wait, are you sure? There are no posts on the other WDW boards (only speculation), and a quick google search yields articles outlining the increases of 2009...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        re: It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

                        the following link/news page is a year old and i'm not saying the same will happen this year. the announcement was made late July (the 31st) and the price increase was enforced on August 2nd.

                        Disneyland hikes prices starting Sunday - Around Disney : The Orange County Register
                        -plagued

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          re: It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

                          Didnt the prices just go up not that long ago? Wow, Disney just needing that extra buck, whats next another 50 cent hike on the churros and sodas?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            re: It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

                            Originally posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
                            The prices won't effect crowds. The monthly payment plan effects crowds. Paying around $10 a month to go to Disneyland sounds really tempting.

                            Please Disney don't raise prices at DLR just do away with the payment plan for starters and see if the numbers drop.
                            Again the bizarre assumption that Disney is interested in lowering the amount of annual passholders.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              re: It'$ That Time of Year(Merged-Price Increases)

                              As of now no increase has been announced or implemented. The Orlando Sentinel would have put it on their front page, as they always do with all price increases. Also no announcements from any travel sites who sell tickets, so as of now, the Aug 1 increases did not happen in 2010.
                              My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X