Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Future of Bountiful Valley Farm?

I saw today on the Disney Parks Blog
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Re: Future of Bountiful Valley Farm?

bountiful valley farm was one of the few things from Disney's america that made it into DCA. it was gonna be called family farm. it encompasses the trucks, san andreas shakes, the irrigation water play are. it will be replaced with MJJ for the better

Comment

Does this mean that the Farmer's Market is closing the same day?! Last chance for corn dog and fish and chips!

Comment

Really? No more water play area for the kids? That's kind of a shame.
        I wonder if we're seeing the slow demolition of Bug's Land piece by piece...

Comment

What??? No more corn dogs? That was tradition for my friend and I! How saddening.

Nevertheless, change can good, right?

Comment

Farm could've been one of the more charming areas of the park but the theme was never fully realized so it's for the best that it leaves.

I really hate how Bugsland took over and dominated the area but thats all in the past now. I still Wish they could've done something like Living With the Land but yeah.
            "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by indianajack View Post
              Really? No more water play area for the kids? That's kind of a shame.
              I wonder if we're seeing the slow demolition of Bug's Land piece by piece...
              there are two water play areas. One at the front which is themed to irrigation equipment and one in the back which is themed to a giant leaky faucet or whatever. I'm going to assume its the irrigation stuff thats leaving.
              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

It's a pointless waste of space and I'm glad to see it go. I hope the rest of Bugs Land goes eventually too.
                The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                -Walt Disney

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the Farmer's Market and Sam Andreas Shakes are going to stay. On the California Adventure map, they're listed as separate attractions, while Bountiful Valley Farm is simply those "fields" and water play area. So not much of a loss...

Maps | Disneyland Resort
                  I want to be an Imagineer....

Comment

On the map Farmer's Market is actually called Bountiful Valley Farmer's Market. I would think they would have to go to based on how Carsland is going to be laid out.

Comment

This is a day of celebration for me...
                      (pops open champagne) Who wants some?
                      I am Scary Scott,
                      Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                      I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                      Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                      Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                      Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                      Originally posted by Karalora
                      This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                      Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                      Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

Originally posted by SuburbanGiant View Post
                        I'm pretty sure that the Farmer's Market and Sam Andreas Shakes are going to stay. On the California Adventure map, they're listed as separate attractions, while Bountiful Valley Farm is simply those "fields" and water play area. So not much of a loss...

Maps | Disneyland Resort
                        Nope, they both go. The only part that will remain is the farm buildings adjacent to the Farmer's Market restaurant which are actually back-stage buildings. (Route 66 will go right through where the restaurant currently stands.)
                        The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                        -Walt Disney

Comment

I remember hearing the Farmer's Market is staying, as during the corn dog story, the guy said it'd be blocked off due to construction. So it's not going away, but it WILL be closed during that time and corn dogs WILL BE available in DCA. Where, I do not know.

On a possible similar note, Slim (A Bug's Life stick bug) was already missing on Sunday. I couldn't find him at all. He's usually near the bamboo stalks near the Faire entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by M3wThr33 View Post
                            I remember hearing the Farmer's Market is staying, as during the corn dog story, the guy said it'd be blocked off due to construction. So it's not going away, but it WILL be closed during that time and corn dogs WILL BE available in DCA. Where, I do not know.

On a possible similar note, Slim (A Bug's Life stick bug) was already missing on Sunday. I couldn't find him at all. He's usually near the bamboo stalks near the Faire entrance.
                            It's going away, you must have missunderstood. The building with the sign that says Farmer's Market is staying, but the rstaurant is going to be demolished. They will sell corn dogs eventually at Sally's in one of the cones.
                            -Walt Disney

Comment

But there's a gap in time from the closing of it to the opening of Cars Land! :O Where will the corn dogs be?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X