This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] New Rails for Alice?

I stumbled across a pic that is supposed to be of the new rails for Alice in Wonderland. VERY generic, straight green rails with a Alice-style pink cartoon flower every so often. The pic didn't seem to be photo shopped.

My question is this: Have the new rails gone up and if so, what do they look like? Thanks!
    Originally posted by migo
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Re: New Rails for Alice?

I think they are trying to get the ride back open as fast as they can with temporary railing.

Comment

can u post the picture?
      ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

:ap: Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDreams714 View Post
        can u post the picture?
        Here is the link:
        http://twitpic.com/2cje1g

It's credited to @MyFault

(Mods, hopefully this is ok to link, if not I'm sorry and please take it down. I don't know how to post the actual pic)
        Originally posted by migo
        I poop with joy!
        Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

what site?
          ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Comment

Thats the real picture, but it seems that there are plans in the works for something more.

Comment

wow... is the ride opened yet?
              ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Comment

DOSH is such a stupid *** agency. You'd think with all the real workplace problems in California that they'd have better things to do than cause problems at a ride that has operated without a single incident since 1958!
                Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
                  DOSH is such a stupid *** agency. You'd think with all the real workplace problems in California that they'd have better things to do than cause problems at a ride that has operated without a single incident since 1958!
                  From what I understand, this "fix" wasn't a requirement by DOSH. Disney could've instead chosen to leave the ride open and not do the changes, but decided to go with DOSH's recommendation in consideration for the safety of their cast members. It's best to be prepared before the accident happen rather than after and I am glad Disney did something about it before something did happen to force them to do it.

Comment

Yes, I was in the park yesterday, and saw the railings. That is indeed what they look like. But like others have said, this seems to be a "quick fix" until a better solution can be found. So they (hopefully) won't be around forever.

While there may not have been an incident in all of it's past, that is certainly no guarantee of no incidents in the future. I imagine both the Columbia and BTMRR had pretty good safety records (certainly no deaths!) until...
                    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

From what I understand, this "fix" wasn't a requirement by DOSH. Disney could've instead chosen to leave the ride open and not do the changes, but decided to go with DOSH's recommendation in consideration for the safety of their cast members. It's best to be prepared before the accident happen rather than after and I am glad Disney did something about it before something did happen to force them to do it.
                      I don't think so ...
                      cal/OSHA has the power to shut theme park operators down/rides .. "at the push of a button".

All it took in this matter was for cal/OSHA to see the hazard for employees ... and tell ask Disney to close it.

If Disney "saw an opportunity" to enhance it's safety on Alice .. why pull it down in the middle of the busy summer season?! They would have chosen one of it's better "refurb" times, like fall, winter, or even spring.
                      Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 08-08-2010, 06:08 PM.
                      MY SIGNATURE:
                      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

The thing is is that we shouldn't have to wait till there is an incident. There are plenty of things I don't agree with DOSH about, but I think this is more of a Disney taking care for the safety of their cast members.

This looks to be temporary, a quick fix, so that Disney has more time to design a better themed railing for the area. I'm all for the "pop-up" railings myself.
                        DisneyTwins
                        Since May 2003

Comment

I wanted to add that in the past week sometime they've added "themed" construction tarps to the bottom part of the ride (though oddly enough, not the top where the rail is).

I know someone on one of these boards was complaining that they should put a design on the tarp rather than just have the plain green ones up, and they've done just that. Good job, Disney!

The design looks a lot like the Downtown Disney leaf designs, which actually always reminded me of Alice in Wonderland. Funny how that happens.

Comment

I thought the design on tarps looked a lot like the leaves on AIW. They were pink and everything lol but idk
                            Last edited by SoCalFan; 08-08-2010, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMn View Post

While there may not have been an incident in all of it's past, that is certainly no guarantee of no incidents in the future.
                              For that reason alone .... that's justification to do what they have to do.

But lets be fair about this quote -
                              I imagine both the Columbia and BTMRR had pretty good safety records (certainly no deaths!) until...
                              .... those two incidents were due to a lack of maintenance. Due to the Pressler/Harris era.
                              MY SIGNATURE:
                              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X