This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Tangled Meetn Greet next to pinocchio

First Look: Concept Art Shows Rapunzel Meet-and-Greet Location at Disneyland Park Disney Parks Blog

I think it looks good

Re: Tangled Meetn Greet next to pinocchio

It looks pretty neat, using existing elements and fits in really well. I'm just a little concerned how that hair is gonna end up being in the elements all day (rain, sun, leaves, dirt, confetti).

Comment

I think the hair is plastic outside, so it doesn't move much.
      ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

dang it..I was just getting ready to post this.

EH...it'll take some time for me to warm up to liking it. but for all the little girls wanting to meet the new princess, it'll be cool.

Comment

They did exactly what I thought they were going to do... It looks like it's going to be a nice little addition.

^Art by me!
          Check out my
          Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
          You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
          Visit my
          Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
          Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

I think it's horrendous and hopefully temporary. The tower and hair are tacky and out of place. It's SUPPOSED to BE Pinocchios Village. I had no idea Flynn and Rapunzel lived in that world. How convienient

Comment

Nice looking concept art, for a change!!! Yay!!! And it looks good in Fantasyland. (albeit, in a crowded area) ~ that candy shop didn't last very long, did it! hahahahaha.
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I like the meet n' greet inside. The hair outside is a little tacky looking. Can't wait to meet her!
                sigpic
                Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                  Nice looking concept art, for a change!!! Yay!!! And it looks good in Fantasyland. (albeit, in a crowded area) ~ that candy shop didn't last very long, did it! hahahahaha.
                  Could be it was planned that way, hence why it wasn't filled with anything new.

Comment

Originally posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
                    I think it's horrendous and hopefully temporary. The tower and hair are tacky and out of place. It's SUPPOSED to BE Pinocchios Village. I had no idea Flynn and Rapunzel lived in that world. How convienient
                    i didn't realize that Snow White, Peter Pan and Mr. Toad lived so close to Italy either.... Or that Pinocchio's Village was just so close to Princess Aurora's Castle. Of course it's all convenient. It's ALWAYS convenient. There are just some spacing issues that need use of the suspension of disbelief.

Comment

It's not supposed to be Pinocchio's village. The whole point of the "new" Fantasyland since the 1983 remodel is that it's EVERY fairytale village. The English architecture of Peter Pan fits with the German architecture of Snow White, which fits with Pinocchio's Italian style right next door. It's a village of make believe and fantasy. As for looking "tacky", you have to remember that you're looking at art drawn on top of a photo of the actual location. One part is always going to look less realistic than the other part. It will likely look much more natural once it's actually created, not drawn onto the picture.
                      "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

I like it and it is going to be so cute. I can picture the girl now with a young wig that they will have tied off somewhere out of sight to make it look like her hair is actually alround the building. How long do they typically keep something like this going?
                        sigpic

Comment

Argh. More space wasted on "meet n greets" with a CM in a costume.

Comment

Actually it fits in perfectly.
                            If you go on youtube disney animation posted some behind the scenes stuff for Tangeled.
                            The village and "outside" world of the movie is based on disneylands fantasyland.

Comment

i wonder what happens during her lunch break. you see her hair but not her. or what if it rains....
                              i think if the movie isn't successful they will jus cancel her.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X