Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new mountains in the Disneyland Resort's future?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Any new mountains in the Disneyland Resort's future?

We keep hearing about a possible Geyser Mountain/Peak for Frontierland, but does imagineering have any other mountains planned for the resort's future?

I'm not really counting the berm peaks that are going in around Carsland, but I'd like to see DCA get another proper mountain - maybe themed to Mt. Shasta. It would be great to get a ride similar to DisneySea's Journey to the Centre of the Earth - where it starts out as a slower dark ride, then speeds up.

Re: Any new mountains in the Disneyland Resort's future?

Tron Mountain

:lol:

Geyser Mountain is an idea that would have come to pass (around 2002) .... IF ToT didn't come along. But since it did in 2004 .... that Geyser Mountain concept is dead.

I think whatever comes along in the future ... I think the "mountain" concept won't be part of it. (Just a guess.)
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Hopefully we will see a large, red rock "mountain" containing WRE.

Comment

I'd like to see Forbidden Mountain (Maleficent's Domain) or Vulcania.

Comment

2 words.
          BALD... MOUNTAIN.
          So. Zetta. SLOW!

Comment

I'd like a Dinosaur Ghost Mountain because Dinosaurs and Ghosts are cool.

Comment

I hear they are planning Money Mountain, out behind Toontown. Throw your money in a giant pit at the base, and watch the attraction get bigger and bigger with each visit! Tour (but don't touch) the caves of foreign currency! Stand back a safe distance from the molten gold underground river (not safe for children under 5)! Take a wild ride through the collapsing stacked-bill caverns of Greenback Gulch! Buy limited edition "Money Mountain" merchandise and receive a free bumper sticker! Stamp your own coin into a Money Mountain design for only 5 dollars!

~disclaimer: this post is what we call satire/humor/being a smarta**. Disneyland certainly has received enough too much of my money for me to be complaining that much. If you have found this post humorous, this is MiceChat, and I'm RegionsBeyond. If not, my name is Sara, and you've been riding Heimlich's ChewChew train~
              when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Originally posted by Lore View Post
                I'd like a Dinosaur Ghost Mountain because Dinosaurs and Ghosts are cool.
                I want to go to there.
                when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Wait I thought RSR was a very similar experience to Journey to Center of Earth just wth upgraded rde technology. So we're already getting a ride like that. Well DCA is building a hole mountain range on it's eastside so next mountain should be in Frontierland(mountains just make sense there). Not as big as BTMR but a nice size. Then after that, build a whole coastal range of seacliffs behind California Screamin with one being a taller mountain than the others near whre Maliboomer was(haha that felt good) for some type of big ride.

Comment

how about 'money mountain' where you ride large quarters over hills of disney's money

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFan View Post
                      Wait I thought RSR was a very similar experience to Journey to Center of Earth just wth upgraded rde technology. So we're already getting a ride like that. Well DCA is building a hole mountain range on it's eastside so next mountain should be in Frontierland(mountains just make sense there). Not as big as BTMR but a nice size. Then after that, build a whole coastal range of seacliffs behind California Screamin with one being a taller mountain than the others near whre Maliboomer was(haha that felt good) for some type of big ride.
                      I think you mean Test Track, if not well it's Test Track.
                      Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

But Test Track and Journey are the same ride system...and concept is starts slow and then goes fast.

Comment

I'm curious, does anyone happen to know if there is a track layout diagram somewhere online for Journey to the Centre of the Earth?

Comment

Some sort of mountain on the north side of Frontierland, with multiple attractions inside it, on the north side of the berm but with loading areas in Frontierland (and the DLRR going through the mountain as well).

The entire submarine lagoon and Fantasia gardens area made into a new oceanic-themed land, with a new volcano on the far northeast corner, a thrill ride inside it, and the DLRR passing through it briefly as well.

Then either a Mt. Shasta or Mt. Whitney somewhere in DCA, also with multiple attractions in it.

This is just a wish list.

Comment

A Magic Mountain, just because it sounds silly.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X